Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

It used to be that the upgrade was followed the next day by the patch.

If everything goes well I'll be over at San Tu's station, Chomsky Terminal at 7pm BST for fighter club.

If nothing goes right then I'll post that fact here on this forum thread.

Sorry wasn't able to make last week guys, was stuck engineering the gubbins out of a few ships. Should be able to make it tonight though on main account as I'm finally back in the bubble. :)

I've been running the game in 32 bit,since that was the only option available that wouldn't result in staring at a blank screen,but that option has been removed and replaced with a cqc(64 bit).(life is too short for the cqc lobby,even if blowing stuff up were my thing,although if it's anything like gladiator,i can see how it might be very appealing to those who enjoy a top-class thrash).It's early days,of course,i understand others are having similar problems,so maybe a resolution will be found,probably invo;ving lots of re-installation and file shuffling,but im gonna try what jiggery pokery i can till then,and maybe join you in discord for a bit.Have fun.

Ok, I left work early enough today, but was kept on the way waiting for the police (no, nothing serious - someone found a well kept bike just out of town apparently thrown in the shrubbery, but had no phone, so we called them and had to wait a bit) and have just gotten home. Not sure when or if I will be able to join you.

Your bit of civic duty didn't cost you anything. Fighter Club had to close early tonight anyway because of the server update.

Hopefully next week everything should be back to normal

Normal... What's that?
Me, Frank and Ahab meeting some new friends for some aprés Fighter Club fun in the Pleiades :¬)

[video=youtube_share;nitAmS_FVM0]https://youtu.be/nitAmS_FVM0[/video]

o7

Thanks Ashnak.I'm looking into it.
I think i may have identified the problem,just not clear as to the modifications route yet.

That was quite a long engagement.From a recent encounter (not with a flower ship,i hasten to add),i discovered that the dls needs to be within 200 m to become triggered.dont know if thats any help,ahab.If i ever get back in,i'd be happy to give it a whirl.But i also think the story might end differently if/when dayrth gets involved as well.My moneys on the four of you being able to tame that beast.

Keep flying,guys.

Last edited:
Just watched this video of a Thargoid kill and it took a few large ships to accomplish it with a combo of Huge beams and Xeno missiles.

[video]https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/26359411536-offset-8990-58-854x480.mp4#t=0[/video]

o7

Last edited:
Yes,but what if they're just running away from something worse?
I see someone has bought out a xeno scanner package with increased range of 500m.Slot mounted.
Im still grounded tho.

If anyone managed to take any screenshots of the Thargoid scan info after you managed to perform a Xeno scan (like below):

JMsmc8P.jpg

There's a very good Logogram study thread being run by the always awesome Canonn here where you can submit your findings (just click the upload link and drag/drop the image file directly from your pictures directory.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...y-study-of-Thargoid-Ship-Logograms-Compendium

o7!

O.k.I'm over at Viete in Bernard and ready to try a run onthe ps4.
Couple questions.Was it all in racing adders and did it include landing at each dock,or was a flyby sufficient?
I just tried it in Bernard. Would have made it,too if not fer them pesky hammers.:)Only one interdiction.In and out on each dock,but didnt stop,so probably a couple of fines to pay.Interesting how the start tries to erase itself from memory.Had to rescan the nav beacon to find Viete again.

FWIW 22' 39" in sidewinder.

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
OK, I got me a ship kitted out to hunt Thargoids. Now where do I find them?
...and anyone want to come with me, 'cause they're a bit scary [where is it]

Can't come out tonight unfortunately (going shopping at Davs Hope) - tomorrow shouldn't be a problem (have a ship out there specially for the occasion)

We were falling over the things over at Asterope (NH Threat 5)!

SDC-Type adders, then? No shields, stuffed with HRPs, one AX rack, two thermal weapons each? How about engineering?

Or simply BYO, but don't forget at least one AX rack? If we're good enough, we'll need four racks to bring down one Thargoid. So if we're short on ships, Vipers might be better.

Don't forget the chaff...

Ok - BYO it is then. I'll try to get my iCourier combat ready.

Two things to keep in mind, according to Harry P.:
- Thargoids use Gimbals (well, he should know...), so bring chaff
- they can boost up to ~450 m/s

Ready to rock & roll but not tonight as I have to complete a few tasks first.
We will need at least three, preferably four, big. fast ships with anti-tharg missiles and lots of shields.
Asterope is a good place to look.

o7

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom