Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

Same universe,different dimension.
The more i look at the STF unit the more i want won.Do they do it in olive,do you think?
Signed up for the SnR cg,so moving that way.
Should be in the vicinity from this evening onwards.

Ways to go.

Monday night looks like the most viable time for all of us. It's now up to Dukie as to whether that's suitable for him.

If not, then why should the party be spoilt by the mere fact that the guest of honour didn't show up? <grin>

Hmmm .... guest of honour?! Have you seen my Combat!

Monday sounds good for me. As I'm self employed my Elite time is pretty varied but send me a friend request if I don't have it already CMDRs.

Would be good to dust off the AX weapons etc currently stored at Jameson Memorial.

Dukie

Non Human Signal source sighted.

Pleiades sector VK-N B7-4:

Is this them?System has a single sun,and it appears to be basking.Feeding?
Threat level five.

73 ly from cg centre(Pleiades Sector: IR-D1-55? )

Don't know how useful this information will be to you guys,but im gonna back off,and observe for awhile.
Signal locked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update:.contact re-established.It is 4~5 ls of the single star.Lost sight whilst refuelling.got within 0.86 ls before i spoked it.
rate of movement 1 million /34s

Last edited:
You Pleiades Thargoids, I busta you jaw

Pleiades sector VK-N B7-4:

Is this them?System has a single sun,and it appears to be basking.Feeding?
Threat level five.

73 ly from cg centre(Pleiades Sector: IR-D1-55? )

Don't know how useful this information will be to you guys,but im gonna back off,and observe for awhile.
Signal locked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update:.contact re-established.It is 4~5 ls of the single star.Lost sight whilst refuelling.got within 0.86 ls before i spoked it.
rate of movement 1 million /34s

Don't worry, there's plenty more Thargoid in the sea of stars. They do seem to like the Pleiades though.

I'm in my Thargoid hunting ship, and I'm parked up in Merope for tomorrow. I suggest we meet in Themadoll's group, if everyone has access.

Spent most of the day observing their behaviour.Picked up the first one soon as i dropped,and didnt honk in case i spooked it.?Finally tracked one down to within 20 oddk for an eyeball,pinged it and low and behold up pops 10 planets.Turns out i'd been chasing the ruddy thing all around the system for 6 hours,playing blind mans buff with the lights out.:rolleyes:.

Your'e right about the frequency,theyre all over .picked up 3 contacts just travelling between the star and the oracle.There's no shipyard though,so the sidey will have to stay kenneled for now.

Dont know if its my eyesight,but there was a definite green hue to their exhaust.Its's odd seeing green in space.Makes a refreshing change.

Spent most of the day observing their behaviour.Picked up the first one soon as i dropped,and didnt honk in case i spooked it.?Finally tracked one down to within 20 oddk for an eyeball,pinged it and low and behold up pops 10 planets.Turns out i'd been chasing the ruddy thing all around the system for 6 hours,playing blind mans buff with the lights out.:rolleyes:.

Your'e right about the frequency,theyre all over .picked up 3 contacts just travelling between the star and the oracle.There's no shipyard though,so the sidey will have to stay kenneled for now.

Dont know if its my eyesight,but there was a definite green hue to their exhaust.Its's odd seeing green in space.Makes a refreshing change.

Nearest shipyard is in Celaeno Artemis Lodge.

o7

I'm going to try to get crew to man my guns and possibly fighter. Or at least my fighters.

If anybody wants to vokunteer please get into Discord ARC and let me know.

o7

Crew wanterd...

I'm going to try to get crew to man my guns and possibly fighter. Or at least my fighters.

If anybody wants to vokunteer please get into Discord ARC and let me know.

o7

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
A great success Monday :)
I think there were several lessons to be learned from it.
1. We need a dedicated missile boat. Big ship that can take some punishment loaded will 4 AX missile launchers to take the Thargoid hull down.
2. The other three ships need to be a bit more nimble so they can stay on target, but also need to have one AX missile launcher fitted to stop the Thargoid regenerating while the big boat gets back on target.
3. Smaller ships need the other AX compatible points fitted with AX MC to take the heart out ASAP as soon as it becomes vulnerable.
4. It is a real help having at least a couple of ships carrying a Flack Launcher. The swarm can be reduced quite quickly so that it does a lot less damage (even if it was a bit bugged and just would not die off completely)
5. Having a couple of SLFs was a great help. With six ships in the instance split the Tahrgoids attention and made surviving much easier. Also, SLFs seem immune to the shutdown pulse.
6. When ships leave to reload repair, we need two ships to remain in the instance so the Thargoid does not just concentrate on one. It is almost impossible to outrun the buggers.

Last edited:
All sounds good to me

I'd add... remember and fire your crewmember before picking up your bounty from Oracle. I had a good bite of my money taken out by them.

And the best time to ready your anti-EMP is on the last heart. That's two Thargoids now that EMP'ed at that time.

I know I said Wednesday when we were leaving but do we have enough players for another go tonight? I fancy putting Dayrth's insights to the test.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
I will probably be working quite late tonight, but if I get back in time I will join in.

Here's a quick reminder about Fighter Club

Wed 2nd Nov will be the first outing of this club, so bring your Stock Sidewinder to Cleve Hub that Wednesday 7:00 for a bit of fun, but be aware that there might be a bit of death involved so make sure you collect all your cartographic data and bounties before you join in.

Also remember to set your "Report crimes against me" to "off"

looks like some ones owed a belated happy birthday.:D

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Ah, that ol' janx spirit. [wacky]

[video=youtube_share;wcS6WduFkYs]https://youtu.be/wcS6WduFkYs[/video]

Last edited:
A great success Monday :)
I think there were several lessons to be learned from it.
1. We need a dedicated missile boat. Big ship that can take some punishment loaded will 4 AX missile launchers to take the Thargoid hull down.
2. The other three ships need to be a bit more nimble so they can stay on target, but also need to have one AX missile launcher fitted to stop the Thargoid regenerating while the big boat gets back on target.
3. Smaller ships need the other AX compatible points fitted with AX MC to take the heart out ASAP as soon as it becomes vulnerable.
4. It is a real help having at least a couple of ships carrying a Flack Launcher. The swarm can be reduced quite quickly so that it does a lot less damage (even if it was a bit bugged and just would not die off completely)
5. Having a couple of SLFs was a great help. With six ships in the instance split the Tahrgoids attention and made surviving much easier. Also, SLFs seem immune to the shutdown pulse.
6. When ships leave to reload repair, we need two ships to remain in the instance so the Thargoid does not just concentrate on one. It is almost impossible to outrun the buggers.

7. Fire expensive crew member.
8. Don't squish wing mates leaving or entering port.
9. Missile boat needs to concentrate on missiles only. Any other weaponry only adds confusion and makes targetting almost impossible what with all the reticules bouncing about.

I'm on for tonight and I can do the missile stuff in my Cutter. I don't think they come any tougher than that old gal and I believe I was getting the hang of it Monday.

o7

I'll see you all tonight.

Where abouts can I buy normal fixed mulicanons?

If you're in the Pleiades:

class pad station system
4A Medium Moorcock Depot Morowari
4A Large Mitchell Base HIP 19147
3C Large Reed's Rest Merope
3C Large Omega Prospect Merope
3C Large Darnielle's Progress Maia
2E Large Reed's Rest Merope
2F Large Omega Prospect Merope
1F Large Copernicus Observatory Asterope

Last edited:
Back