Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

I think we're going to have to change the rules of Fox & Hounds. Back before the installation was more belligerent we had to drop our shields to make ourselves more... explodey

There's no need for that now seeing as a stray laserblast has the wrath of the installation come down on us. I recommend that from now on we all keep our shields up

But what about something different next week. I'm open to any suggestions, but if there aren't any... maybe we could go Thargoid hunting?

We'll just fight at our usual haunt, Asterope. Hans might be able to join us for our Thargoid hunt, but he'll need the Alien weapons. Whereabouts down there should he get them?

The station in Asterope is under repair. No restock, repair, contacts or cartography. If anyone wants to help them out they are in need of Beryllium and Tantalum.

I had a whole bunch of unused guardian materials so after one last excursion I've added a couple of gauss cannons and the module reinforcement to my Challenger. I had to engineer the power plant to cope with all the new toys. It's been delivered to Asterope and is all ready for tonight's trial by fire.

I'm around the old systems. I've got a mining mission to complete and a variety of bounties to hand in... so I guess Quator

I suggest this Wednesday we head to the Guardians to get our ship-launched fighters?

I wish you'd mentioned this earlier :¬)
Just finished getting my last one.
Get the key from the Beacon at:
SYNUEFE KU-F B44-4 4

The beacon will upload a Guardian Site location to obtain the Guardian Vessel Blueprint but to make it easier it is at:
SYNUEFE EU-Q C21-15 A 1

Components required:

XG7 Trident
1xGuardian Vessel Blueprint Segment
25xGuardian Power Cell
26xPattern Epsilon Obelisk Data
18xPattern Beta Obelisk Data
25xGuardian Technology Component

XG8 Javelin
25xGuardian Power Cell
18xGuardian Wreckage Components

XG9 Lance
25xGuardian Power Cell
18xGuardian Sentinel Weapon Parts

Which means if you want all three fighters you will need:
3xGuardian Vessel Blueprint Segment
75xGuardian Power Cell
75xGuardian Technology Component
78xPattern Epsilon Obelisk Data
18xPattern Beta Obelisk Data
18xGuardian Sentinel Weapon Parts
18xGuardian Wreckage Components

The Epsilon data is the hardest to get and you will obtain 1 data package for appoximately 20-30 of the others.
That's an aprroximate 1:30 ratio :¬(

Happy to show y'all the way again. Maybe when you've got all that you need we can duel them if there's time.

o7

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
I hear the Trident is a bit pants, but it may be bugged.

P.S. Load up your ships with point defence on the top and park them as close to the guardian site as you can (but spread them out around the site). The point defence should take care of sentinel missiles.

Last edited:
I hear the Trident is a bit pants, but it may be bugged.

P.S. Load up your ships with point defence on the top and park them as close to the guardian site as you can (but spread them out around the site). The point defence should take care of sentinel missiles.

I'm just testing them now.
I'll post a synopsis in a few.

o7

I'm just testing them now.
I'll post a synopsis in a few.

o7

Ok here's the preliminary results.
No paint kits or even a slot to buy them :¬(
No heatsinks or countermeasures of any kind or slots to put them :¬P

The Lance despite it's 94 DPS overheats after only three shots and by the time it's cooled down again the enemy ship has recovered it's shields. It's rate of fire is pathetic but it can bring my Cutter's shields down quite well. If you are desparate you can continue to fire till the enemy ship has suffered major damage by which time the Lance will exlode.

The Trident despite showing a DPS of only 9, actually performed almost as well as the Lance at 94 DPS but didn't overheat. Hoever the fire rate is slowed enormously by the crap reload time and tiny clip size.

The Javelin is by far the best with a DPS of 133 and no overheating. However there's a limited amount of ammo.

o7

Back
Top Bottom