Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

So what are we doing for fighter club on Wednesday?

I don't know if Themadoll was joking, but he suggested we do mining before the update makes it less tedious. I'm all for that. There's two ways we could do this

1) Mining in the centre of Delkar's most famous Haz Rez in Open, one miner and the rest as bodyguards. The objective is to see if we can make more money than we lose.

2) A Mining Race. We find a nice quiet mining spot in a Private group and we see who can make most money mining in exactly one hour. Anybody who commits suicide because of the tedium of mining is automatically disqualified from the race.

3) The third option is anything other than mining which one of you lot suggests

Combine 1 & 2 the minor works for a set time then their profit is worked out and they swap places with a guard for the next round the guards get judged on how well they do too.

Combine 1 & 2 the minor works for a set time then their profit is worked out and they swap places with a guard for the next round the guards get judged on how well they do too.

aRjay, Would you be able to join us for a mining competition? I'm still not sure if the others were joking when they suggested mining for the fighter club event. If you agree to join us then that might persuade them to agree with your suggestion.

Everyone! Fighter club is open to anyone. We don't expect any commitment. If you want to take part then the best way is to post here as there's a good chance we'll be in a private group.

That's critical mass then <grin> Everyone get yer mining ships for Wednesday evening.

We've got a few suggestions for what to do with them. I'm happy to go with whatever everyone else wants to do.

post your feelings on what we should do here...

Last edited:
aRjay, Would you be able to join us for a mining competition? I'm still not sure if the others were joking when they suggested mining for the fighter club event. If you agree to join us then that might persuade them to agree with your suggestion.

Everyone! Fighter club is open to anyone. We don't expect any commitment. If you want to take part then the best way is to post here as there's a good chance we'll be in a private group.

Hopefully yes, I will try and confirm tomorrow.

So what are we doing for fighter club on Wednesday?

I don't know if Themadoll was joking, but he suggested we do mining before the update makes it less tedious. I'm all for that. There's two ways we could do this

1) Mining in the centre of Delkar's most famous Haz Rez in Open, one miner and the rest as bodyguards. The objective is to see if we can make more money than we lose.

2) A Mining Race. We find a nice quiet mining spot in a Private group and we see who can make most money mining in exactly one hour. Anybody who commits suicide because of the tedium of mining is automatically disqualified from the race.

3) The third option is anything other than mining which one of you lot suggests

AAaaargh! [mad]
I was only joking!

Oh well I guess I'd better go and get Gertie the crud shifter as set her up for mining LoL

o7

Also Main or Beta?

It's our way of giving the old-fashioned way of mining a send off. There are also a few points which makes the beta less desirable.. It may be updated to fix a few bugs or be as unstable as it was last night, nobody is sure how to do it so there might be a lot of milling around trying to figure out how to do things (more than usual), it might be that not everyone has installed the beta.

My suggestion would be to do it in main.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
I agree. Managed a 15 minute session last night. Once. Mostly though, crashed every minute or two. Even tried the non Horizons beta but it was no better.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
HUGH number of bug fixes in the patch notes, but this little one made me glad :)

Fixed NPC ships charging FSD with weapons still active

I was going to post a long report of my attempts to play, but I will just summarise with this remark.

Never mind couldn't organise a p iss-up in a brewery on tonight's evidence I could barely manage to attend one.

Apologies where needed.

I was going to post a long report of my attempts to play, but I will just summarise with this remark.

Never mind couldn't organise a p iss-up in a brewery on tonight's evidence I could barely manage to attend one.

Apologies where needed.

Okay, I misundestood your comments on first reading, but after I woke up a bit, I got that you're not hapy with you own performance.
Well if that's the case then I always applaud the self critic as I feel that your best critic is yourself. However that only works if:
1. You are honest and unbiased.
2. Able to clearly see the truth about your performance as measured against an acceptable standard.

I don't know where you think you fell down in your performance last night but for me it was when I failed on several occasions to realise that there was an imminent danger to those I was meant to protect. I can recall at least three occasions when Roger had to fight off his own attackers, and one miserably pathetic and nearly disastrous failing when I left the instance to clear a fine, when there was no other protection in there. This almost led to Dayrth's destruction.
So RJay. Move over. I deserve a seat on that bench too.

o7

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator

Apologies where needed.

I wouldn't worry. Not the most exciting challenge we've had. I do like mining, but maybe it's not the best team activity in the game.

That may change with 3.3.

It was my mistake for taking on the mining mission before everyone turned up. If I'd known there was only going to be two mining ships I wouldn't have bitten off so much to chew.

My hands were busy so it was difficult for me to type and I found it difficult to see where aRJay was. We should have invited him in to the Discord channel.

Last night was really more a send off for the old-fashioned way of mining. The next update in mining is going to be as great a step-change as when collection limpets were introduced. We'll have another go at it then.

Hopefully in the future there'll be easier ways to organise more than just the 4 people at the one time. I'm hoping at least for Squadron Beacons, seeing as in the menu your choice of different types of beacons is currently listed as just the one.

A bit more planning beforehand would have been better as well. I thought just turning up at the brewery where there were lots of drinks at hand would have been enough to start a party. Next time we should have something more concrete planned, a competition with a simple mechanic. A vague "let's all just turn up with mining ships" isn't good enough.

--- edit ---
On reflection, there may be a lot of finger pointing going on for what happened last night, but in the end I know exactly the person whose to blame... it was T.j

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom