Dinosaurs Fighting Animations are weak.

Your Feature Request / Idea
Watching a fight can be very underwhelming, as it is the fights seam just like a turn-based fighting game with the dinos taking long pauses between attacks it just like the Jurassic world game on your phone. Their needs to be much more fighting animations added in especially when two carnivores are fighting. The dinos should never be static only very briefly and should have more than one kind of attack, they should do things like a slash with there claws, slam with there bodies, hold down on bites instead of just doing chomps and slam with there heads. All of these would help to make the fights more dynamic.

What about the JWFK fight scene? I like how the Carnotaurus kicks the old fat lady face and uses its legs. The flipping over counter-attack by Sinoceratops is also very nice.

[video=youtube;NX3jxtXQgHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX3jxtXQgHE[/video]

After all, I guess intensive body-contacts might be a nightmare for the animation team, dealing with Dinos vastly different in sizes. I do hope they can figure out a way as I believe it will be beneficial in the long run.
This WWE 2k19 game is perfect when it comes to body-contacts animation. I don’t know how but they did it seamlessly! Perhaps something can be learnt?

[video=youtube;Xjsqz0QCB08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjsqz0QCB08&t=342s[/video]

Yeah the animations are meh. The first couple of times its cool but, there needs to be more variety and even faster response times on the 'turn based system'. In fact, the turn based system should be so obvious.

Also, the 'armored' dinosaurs never utilize said armor. Its all stats and numbers over natural interactions.
All the natural armor seems purely cosmetic despite having very specific (and obvious) reasons for existing.
Its literally just 'this dinosaur has higher defense points' or 'this dinosaur has higher attack points' as the judge for whether anything happens.

Also, there's no support system.
No species looks out for their own. They just stand and watch as their pack members die (even the raptors and deinonychus)
I15E2Uc.jpg

Here's a shot of an Indo taking out a whole pack of Deinonychus one at a time.​

Last edited:
Also, there's no support system.
No species looks out for their own. They just stand and watch as their pack members die (even the raptors and deinonychus)

There is no AI whatsoever, to begin with. That's one of the main reasons herding, flocking, pack-hunting, realistic socializing and territorial behavior is a must for the next update, in my opinion.

On the other way, fighting system sucks, not just animations. It should feel less pokemon and more natural, fluent, chaotic and unpredictable.

I agree. The animations and the fighting definitely need to be updated to have more variety. Seeing different dinosaurs having the same animation kills and deaths make the dinos very dull. There are some exceptions like the indoraptor having its own animations, but that's it.

There is no AI whatsoever, to begin with. That's one of the main reasons herding, flocking, pack-hunting, realistic socializing and territorial behavior is a must for the next update, in my opinion.

On the other way, fighting system sucks, not just animations. It should feel less pokemon and more natural, fluent, chaotic and unpredictable.

To be fair, if you attempt to make two groups of raptors of two different skins, they do gravitate more towards their respective skin type when socializing.
But work is still needed.

To be fair, if you attempt to make two groups of raptors of two different skins, they do gravitate more towards their respective skin type when socializing.
But work is still needed.

Really? I bred six raptors, two Alpines, two Arids and two Basic and they don't do that, ever...

Top Bottom