fines i cannot pay

hi i've been gone for a long now im back hauling refugees from thargoid attacks and i keep getting fines i dont know what they are for.
i never see a message that i fired upon an npc when when aproaching the stations, nor a message when my passengers get foreign bodied out of my hull, even so i retrieve all passengers usually.
now im sitting at the insterstellar factors close by wondering why i cannot get rid of these fines, i payed a couple others here just now.

why the hell am i allowed to occupy a pad in a burning station but not to take any refugees just because some space bureaucrat demands a shopping cart coin for a bribe ?

The game doesn't make it clear why sometimes you can pay fines and sometimes they just don't appear.

There are many things that are unexplained in the game and that's perfectly fine, and in fact with most of them I actually like it. I like discovering the features of the game on my own without being constantly held by my hand. This one, however, I admit is not so fun, because it's so obscure and doesn't really make much sense.

yeh i figured at first i had missed something that should've been "obvious" like the 20+ light year minimum requirement might have been a thing but in this case the station was only 3 something lighyears from the attacked port and i had just came there and payed 3 out of 5 already.
its always 2 to 5 fines with no obvious warnings and the fines dont specify anything either wich makes me believe the fines themselves are the result of a bug.
given the triviality of the fines its especially annoying to be blocked from picking up more refugees

wow i just arrived at the megaship, i checked before if i had any fines, i checked at the station, nothing
then i claim a 30mil+ combat bond (lucky there were some players at the combat zone this run) and bam ! i have 3 fines now

also had to reload the game for these fines to be payable at the station im sitting in

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Sometimes the evacuees are wanted and mission details don't clarify it. Maybe it has something to do with that? Though IIRC if you're scanned with wanted passangers onboard you'll be shot at by the system authorities, not fined.

Or improve your immersion by doing a few dozen murders so notoriety gives you a proper reason for it being difficult to shift. If it's going to act like a bounty, might as well be a bounty.
now that i realize its happening i just made it my head canon that they are for "aiding criminals" in escaping because they are among the refugees i deliver, and even though everybody knows its rubbish the poor people at the megaship cannot procces these individuals unless i or pay or get arrested and i should file a claim at the corporations headquarter when i get back to safe space :p

i know to check now and i wont jump into the attack site clueless anymore, hope this gets patched though at least the text of the fine should give a clue to how and why.
this is just typical dumb stuff the game does just like i remember it always did (y)

Top Bottom