First exploration

Good evening Cmdrs
Where can I find out which planets give out which mats ?
EDSM, Front page has a advanced search bar, enter system name and if system has been visited you will get the system summary, near top of page is link to celestial bodies this page lists all reported bodies, among other things it gives a list of what mats and what percentage on each landable body.

I "cheat" when I am exploring, EDMC running and EDSM - Dashboard page on second monitor, lots of useful information there or a click or two away:)

This is the Bodies page of Perseus Deep on EDSM.NET, used as an example. You can see which elements are on the individual planets.

As noted above, this only works if you know the system identity and it has been scanned.

Alternatively, Hippogryph Crossing can be seen to be a Green system, meaning that it has all of the components needed to create FSD Boosters (Jumponium).

Alternatively, Hippogryph Crossing can be seen to be a Green system, meaning that it has all of the components needed to create FSD Boosters (Jumponium).
I have seen a couple of systems listed as green where polonium has not been surface side, it is if I remember correctly found in metal rich belts which is not a lot of good if you have not got a mining laser fitted:)

I have seen a couple of systems listed as green where polonium has not been surface side, it is if I remember correctly found in metal rich belts which is not a lot of good if you have not got a mining laser fitted:)
Odd, that, since it was originally defined as surface mineables. I cannot say one way or the other.

Good evening Cmdrs

Albatross Flight Report

I am 4,816.88ly away from Beagle Point traveling east towards Acheron
Total distance travelled is 70,096.05ly since leaving home.

Only a 610ly jump but I've been scanning every system and landing on a few to gather mats.

Found this system
PicsArt_06-07-09.35.11.jpg

It has 8 Gas Giants and only 2 bodies.
Is that unusual ?

Also discovered 2 Water Worlds in the same system, both with rings
PicsArt_06-07-09.36.55.jpg

PicsArt_06-07-09.38.20.jpg

PicsArt_06-07-09.39.42.jpg

Really stunning views.

I'm now parked up waiting to see if this
PicsArt_06-07-10.00.06.jpg

Turns into an eclipse
Hopefully I will have pics tomorrow

Albatross out o7

Good evening Cmdrs

Albatross Flight Report

I am 6,191.36ly away from Beagle Point traveling east towards Acheron

Total distance travelled is 71,469.53ly since leaving home.

Nearly a 1400ly jump today
I'm still. Zig zagging across The Abyss collecting discoveries and mats.
I found Polonium in a geological site in an ice body so I stocked up

Albatross out o7

Good evening Cmdrs

Albatross Flight Report

I am 8,105.03ly away from Beagle Point traveling east towards Acheron

Total distance travelled is 73,373.20ly since leaving home.

2000ly jump today. It would have been bigger but I spent around 2 hours searching geological sites for Arsenic to use in the FSD. Apparently there was 2.6% Arsenic but I found 0.0% in 5 sites.

I did find this though
PicsArt_06-23-10.37.50.jpg

Albatross out o7

Percentage values listed in Cartography are for possibility out on the planetary surface.

Surface Prospecting:
  • Outcrop
  • Bronzite Chondrite
  • Mesosiderite
  • Metallic Meteorite

Percentage values listed in Cartography are for possibility out on the planetary surface.

Surface Prospecting:
  • Outcrop
  • Bronzite Chondrite
  • Mesosiderite
  • Metallic Meteorite
Does that also relate to geological sites

Piceous Cobble
Crystalline Fragments
Crystalline Clusters
Needle Crystals

I know that those items lock down to specific results in specific locations, but I am not familiar with the mechanics for determining them.

Even though a planet may have geological sites the rest of the planet will be the same as a planet without any, you can still search the rest of the planet for surface mined materials in the normal manner, sometimes this can be easier.

Top Bottom