First find for me..

nice system. Like rooster said It just gets better and better.
You can roll up some really good systems..
If you can get tera's with a few WW's and himets...with an ELW!
my personal best is ~ 18 mill. but others can blow by that.
keep looking and have fun doing it!

Congrats, you always remember your first. I remember early on taking a trip out to the Witchhead Nebula, the whole purpose was to find my first first discovery. Made the whole trip in my Orca, which was a new ship back then. Jumped over 300 times and every system was tagged. Couldn't find an untagged planet anywhere. Course, I didn't know how to explore back then. Finally got bored and headed back to the bubble. Was about 600 lys away from home and found my first first discoveries, they were actually only a couple of ice rocks that no one else cared to scan, so I scanned them, I didn't care. The next system had several more icy rocks, I scanned them also. All in all, my first trip into the black I netted a whole 10 icy rock first discoveries. But because of those first 10 made me wanna find more, doesn't matter to me what they are if they are untagged. I have over 83k first discoveries now with another 600 systems yet to input into my spreadsheet.

Its always good to have a goal, something to shoot for to help you overcome the tedious times you will encounter on any long journey, it can get boring just jumping and scanning. For me, I am trying to get a first discovery on every different type of object in the galaxy, at least on the ones that I know are out there, every different type of star and planet. So far, the only thing I have not tagged is a Yellow Giant, I've only ever came across one so far, so I know they exist, because of that I had to add another column to the spreadsheet which is no small task, because each sector I have first discoveries in has its own spreadsheet layout, so a change in one means I have to change all, and I have discoveries in over 250 sectors.

But updating the spreadsheet is what I do in conjunction with my journey, as I'm jumping and scanning, I am inputting my previous trips first discoveries (on a second computer of course), once I verify that I got the tag which requires checking the gal map on each system that I noted as potential first discoveries, then taking a screenshot of each individual object with my tag, then renaming each screenshot and converting it to jpg, then saving each individual screenshot in its respective folder, then inputting it into the spreadsheet and finally, saving all the screen shots on a jump drive as a backup in case my spreadsheet gets corrupted again and I lose all the data. Took me 6 months of searching the gal map the last time to find most of my first discoveries, and I only had around 35k first discoveries then. Was able to find all but about 170 of them.

Space, Space, the final frontier,
Where I go is anyone's fear,
its the sites to behold that are a wonder,
its the gray green sky or the crashing thunder,
Many worlds to see, to hear, to scan,
I will get them all, or all that I can.
Don't sing me no songs, don't cry me no tears,
don't send no letters, don't believe what you hear.
I'll be gone a long time, I may never come back,
its so peaceful and serene out here in the black.
I've seen more things then I care to express,
I've been to the south, to the east and to the west,
Nothing lies upward cept that cold North Star,
I could never reach it, could never get that far.
But some day in the far distant future, some may fear,
a signpost on every planet, 'Shadow Wolfe has been here!'

Top Bottom