First Trip To Jameson Memorial

AKA "Always Remember Where You Are Flying In Open Play"

So I decided to finally make a trip to Shinrarta Dezhra after getting the permit way back in September 2018. Figured I'd check out this revered system and the station that sells everything (it's my first trip to the Founder's System, what could go wrong?). I also figured I'd make some extra credits, so I stocked my Corvette with 320T of algae to trade (I "live"/park at Fisher Terminal in Okinura and their main export is algae or fabrics depending on the markets). After 4 jumps, I made it to Shinrarta Dezhra and the chat lit up. Some pilots were arguing about ganking/cheating/reporting/all toxic topics and it suddenly dawned on me that I was going to have an eventful flight to the station. I am approx. 250ls to the station and get interdicted, so I submit to it. A Fer-de-lance starts shooting me and I contemplate engaging in a round of PvP. Then two more Fer-de-lances drop in and I decided to just run. I dump all pips to shields to protect from 3 Huge Beams and everything else they're shooting with and then jump back to supercruise. I continue towards Jameson Memorial to be interdicted by the same guy, so I submit then run again. This repeats at least 3 more times before I finally reached the station. My exit from supercruise nearly slams my into one of the station's rings. I prevent a traffic accident then requested docking clearance. As the advanced docking computer flies me, in my sensors show another ship flying dangerously close to me. A small bump, and I figure it's just a reckless pilot. Another hit and I lock on to them out of curiosity. It's the same pilot that's been chasing me. I manage to fly in and dock before they get a another ramming run.

The moral(s) of this story: player hot spots are filled with pilots that will either leave you alone or leave you as space dust, flying certain ships equals a "Shoot Me" sign in some places, mass lock factors can help or kill you, no fire zone doesn't mean no fighting zone, I probably made a lot of dumb decisions/should have died on this trip.

Well, it seems obvious to me, that from all the places in the galaxy, Shinrarta is the most likely to be crawling with gankers, since it's the "elite homeworld" and jameson being the station that sells everything.
You should expect it, if you go there in open play.
Apart from that, I think that security in these systems should be more proactive at intercepting these guys in supercruise. Many of them already have bounties.
They would stop lurking for new players if they were constantly intercepted by security.
Wait... He intercepted you and shot at you. He should be wanted. How in hell could he approach you near the station to play the innocent ramming trick?

Most of them are clean, really. It's just a couple of them that camp out and try to kill anything that moves. I've avoided death this week in a Cutter, DBS, Vulture and Sidewinder.
You just have to drop when you seen them supercruise behind you, wait, then leave. If you time it right you can either see them drop in as you leave, or watch them drop into your low wake on the radar. Then continue on your merry way

Must be my Timezone but I have only ever had other commanders ask if I was up for pvp at Jamesons. That said I am always careful and observant of any hollow boxes on the hud

Hate to say it pard but Big ship = Big target.

Often irresistable to those in FDL's.

Get yourself an iCourier or an iEagle.. anything over 700mps and you will only be under threat by folks in similar vessels so the statistics game matters much less.
The general decider in small ship PvP is skill over stats and there are very few pilots who can actually get good use out of small vessels, like VERY few.
The numbers game still plays a part, but in a much smaller capacity than the mediums or larges.

I personally think that the Pilot's Federation should revoke the access permit to Shinrarta Dehzra for these player killers. I can't see any reason why any organization would allow the murder of their members by other members in their home system without serious repercussions for the offending member. Especially not members that seem to relish in committing this offense over and over again.

I personally think that the Pilot's Federation should revoke the access permit to Shinrarta Dehzra for these player killers. I can't see any reason why any organization would allow the murder of their members by other members in their home system without serious repercussions for the offending member. Especially not members that seem to relish in committing this offense over and over again.

It's the reward for getting to Elite.

Nothing wrong with shooting at other players in a game.

Punishing folks for doing what they enjoy in thier downtime is ridiculous. Moreover, it's also ridiculous to be upset about being shot at in a videogame.

Also lets not forget that the PF was also born through being basically a criminal group..

32iuaq.jpg

Must be my Timezone but I have only ever had other commanders ask if I was up for pvp at Jamesons. That said I am always careful and observant of any hollow boxes on the hud
Worst time is approx 18:00 BST (British Summer time or GMT+1) to approx 23:00 most nights, with in my experience friday and Sunday evenings being the most busiest.

As Bongo says, have a bit of fun with them and wait for the abuse to come over the txt messages. When you see them manouvering to you, reduce to SC min speed and drop (This ensures min 10 sec FSD cooldown period), Press your trigger to jump to supercruise, but don't throttle up, hold the throttle to about mid point. Wait for them to jump down into your instance and the moment they drop hit your boost Button and you will insta jump back up. They have their 10 sec FSD cool down and their 4 sec FSD charge, so you have 14 secs to get nearer the station.
After about 10 secs of this 14 secs drop to min speed again, then when you see them pop back up into sc, you drop again and repeat!.

Have fun at their expense, but in case you get your timings wrong always have a alternative system highlighted in case you have to High wake out of trouble.

I am not pirating anymore in Shin because everyone can be a target... if you're really willing to engage, just go there with some trolling build and have fun.

It's the reward for getting to Elite.

Nothing wrong with shooting at other players in a game.

Punishing folks for doing what they enjoy in thier downtime is ridiculous. Moreover, it's also ridiculous to be upset about being shot at in a videogame.

Also lets not forget that the PF was also born through being basically a criminal group..

Why should any organization allow members shooting other members (who are not criminals) in their HOME system. What you do outside the Pilot's Federation system is your business, but I'd expect the Pilot's Federation to apply strict rules inside their HOME system for this sort of behavior.

And no the Pilot's Federation didn't start out as basically a criminal group.

Nothing wrong in logging out of a combat to avoid a ganker, then. To be upset by that would be ridiculous. After all; it's just a videogame.

I personally find the potentially intrusive nature of MP in Elite to be immersion breaking. It isn't 'realistic' for that kind of nonsense to be going on (when's the last time a major airport was swarmed by harebrained fighter pilots looking to shoot down departing planes?), hence why I stick to Solo.

Aside from that, someone getting a Corvette before making Elite and visiting Jameson kinda blows my mind.

Deleted member 38366

D
Hm, checking the current (realtime) Ganking Hotspots - "Gankarta Quickra" aka Founders World is the most infested System in the known Galaxy as we speak, ranking just slightly ahead of the other well-known Ganker Hotspot : "Gankiat" aka Farseer/Deciat.

So yep, expect to meet "the usual FDev-enabled special" there in FFA GvP aka Open Play.
In a "High Security Permit System" lol.

PS.
They should amend the System Map description (System-wide Anarchy Conflict Zone) and make the System Lawless.
At least then it'd make some sense and be an honest description.

Nothing wrong in logging out of a combat to avoid a ganker, then. To be upset by that would be ridiculous. After all; it's just a videogame.

I personally find the potentially intrusive nature of MP in Elite to be immersion breaking. It isn't 'realistic' for that kind of nonsense to be going on (when's the last time a major airport was swarmed by harebrained fighter pilots looking to shoot down departing planes?), hence why I stick to Solo.

Aside from that, someone getting a Corvette before making Elite and visiting Jameson kinda blows my mind.

To be fair, weapons come standard on all newly purchased ships. If that doesn’t tell you what kinda Galaxy this is, I don’t know what does. Dystopian man.

Imagine buying a used VW with a pair of machineguns mounted to the hood. It would be like the modern day Sidey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shinrarta is my home system. Few times when I was fool enough to go Open, it ends disaster, so Open is not an option anymore. Ever since the system is a "Island of Peace" as every home should to be.

To be fair, weapons come standard on all newly purchased ships. If that doesn’t tell you what kinda Galaxy this is, I don’t know what does. Dystopian man.
I think the reading of 'Elite as dystopia' is always reductively superficial and doesn't really track (scale and longevity of civilisation, stability, level of technology, growth of Colonia, etc, all contradict it).

Is there lore to support the idea that all ships come with weapons? Because if so it's surely objectively bad lore, given the water guns all ships in the game come with seem more like ornamentation, complimentary paperweights, or proof of having at least two functioning hardpoints. There is no real practical defensive or offensive value, unless you think two fixed small pulses on a Beluga is going to be effective...

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn’t change the fact that they still come with weapons. Oh, and shields. Hint hint, it’s a dangerous galaxy.

Sure, technology is advanced in Elite’s Milky Way. Humans are still around, and prolific, which is optimistic enough.

But war(Powerplay or countless warring factions in small systems) slavery, murder, piracy, alien attacks, and being executed for parking violations are a daily occurrence.

That last one should break your ‘Mersion more than anything.

Now, Imagine taking your machinegun-equipped VW to the store and loitering in a fire lane for two seconds too long, only to have the market destroy you with a salvo of missiles.

Welcome to Elite Dangerous!

Top Bottom