Fix the hitboxes

I needed a Eternity to find out that my Bears can't go into or out of their Cave because they weren't able to climb down the 1cm deep Abyss, so I needed to place a Ramp and for some Reason I can't even put a thin Layer of Rock on the Sides of it to let it look more natural because then they can't reach it.
Then there's that Problem were Animals can't climb on Objects that they should be able to reach without Problems. I really wish they would give us the Beta Hitboxes back

Oh yeah, that problem's still a thing...well since Frontier themselves wouldn't give me the option to make my gameplay way more enjoyable and less frustrating I went and resorted to modding to give all my animals the offspring sized hitboxes. It's so much better now and allowes me to build realistic shelters that the animals can actually use. And the best thing? It's only one simple change in the game files that improved the game by a mile for me. So yay for mods that made the game fun instead of annoying again.

I agree, also, another thing that I really dont get is why rocks cover the habitat space, so it does not count towards it... So you have to have really big habitats for even small species if you want to have any decent rockwork there....It was not like it at release and was later patched...but I dont know why. Also weird for thing for animals like dall sheeps who basically live on rocks.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that problem's still a thing...well since Frontier themselves wouldn't give me the option to make my gameplay way more enjoyable and less frustrating I went and resorted to modding to give all my animals the offspring sized hitboxes. It's so much better now and allowes me to build realistic shelters that the animals can actually use. And the best thing? It's only one simple change in the game files that improved the game by a mile for me. So yay for mods that made the game fun instead of annoying again.
That sounds like an interesting solution, I didn't know such mod existed. Thanks for the input.

I agree, also, another thing that I really dont get is why rocks cover the habitat space, so it does not count towards it... So you have to have really big habitats for even small species if you want to have any decent rockwork there....It was not like it at release and was later patched...but I dont know why. Also weird for thing for animals like dall sheeps who basically live on rocks.
This. I wish there were a way to get the Dall sheep and other climbing animals to climb on the rock piles I place in their enclosures. I suppose if we got what we asked for--animals scrambling over rocks in more realistic ways--we'd then have more of an escape issue when we use rocks with null barriers to create enclosure barriers.

Hmm, can't find that mod on the site starting with N.. is it your personal mod? Would you share or pm a link if it is available somewhere public? And do the mod alter every animal individually or is it kind of a global mod?
It's really frustrating that we are dependend on mods with this problem.

Hmm, can't find that mod on the site starting with N.. is it your personal mod? Would you share or pm a link if it is available somewhere public? And do the mod alter every animal individually or is it kind of a global mod?
It's really frustrating that we are dependend on mods with this problem.

In this case I edited my personal files to fit my way of playing the game, I also made a bunch of other changes so I can't exactly share it or you'll end up with changes you don't actually want. Someone else is working on a version that was supposed to be released, though, but I don't really know when that'll happen. And yeah, it really is frustrating that we have to resort to modding for this and many other things as well, though by this point I'm just really greatful we actually have modding so we can at least try and do something about it ourselves.

Top Bottom