Fixes and suggestions for the bounties we receive

Make us REALLY be able to clear our bounties at Interstellar Factors :
  • even if faction is present in the system
  • on the fleet carrier
  • especially the "Interstellar bounty by Federation" you get for everything and nothing and that you can't clear anywhere

Fix the "all seeing eye" =>
Make us don't get bounty if not seen by anyone or any ship. It's stupid to still get one if there is nobody to report the crime.
We don't get fined when we steal stuff on foot uncaught, there is no reason we get fined for murder if there is nobody there to report the crime...

From a reality perspective if someone is shooting a ship, that ship will send out a mayday call. This triggers the bounty. The victim would have time to send your data. Simples

Dragsham > I'm ok with that if the pilot is not alone on board or has time to scan your ship properly. Although I think "from a reality perspective", that a civilian pilot would rather try to flee or fight for his live than wasting his time sending a mayday call. The problem is that in game it's instant, whereas it should take time to send a crime report.

It's not a valid logic for on foot kills though, the victim does not have time to send anything when one shot from behind, brain half melted by a noise suppressed tormentor plasma shot ... :/

It's not a valid logic for on foot kills though, the victim does not have time to send anything when one shot from behind, brain half melted by a noise suppressed tormentor plasma shot
Sure, but the incident investigator a few hours later will note:
- the arrival of a heavily armed pilots federation member
- the suspicious number of corpses
and come to the correct conclusion even if none of the shots were captured on security cameras.

Only applying the bounty a few hours later would just be confusing.

or has time to scan your ship properly.
Your ship will instantly get basic scan data of anyone who hits you, and if crime reporting is on will report their identity and position to the local authorities without you needing to press a button. Seems reasonable that NPCs have the same capabilities.

We have these high tech space ships and suits. They call home to report the current status. It works like a blackbox on a plane.

It is not a valid logic that you can kill someone without the suit or ship detecting it. We are talking 3308. Not 2024

Hmmm... you all make good points about the "all seeing eye" aspect of the problem, which pros and cons can be debated for hours ( especially in a fantasy universe )
I'm surprised everyone attach more importance to this than the fact the bounties can't just be paid at the place they should be !

Damn, in the end, getting the bounties => ok, but , we should be given the opportunity to pay them properly !
especially the ultra super annoying interstellar fed one ! ( there are none for the Empire by the way :/ ?? )
it just doesn't work :/
don't you agree ?

super annoying interstellar fed one ! ( there are none for the Empire by the way :/ ?? )
There should be interstellar bounties for all three superpowers. At least the Fed one is bugged—you're supposed to get an interstellar bounty only if you have a total of, IIRC, 10000 cr worth of bounties on your head, but if you get the Fed IS bounty once, from that point on you'll always get it for any small bounty by a Fed faction. It might be the same for Imps and Alliance, too, but I haven't gotten into that much of a trouble with them so can't speak from experience🙂

Hmmm... you all make good points about the "all seeing eye" aspect of the problem, which pros and cons can be debated for hours ( especially in a fantasy universe )
I'm surprised everyone attach more importance to this than the fact the bounties can't just be paid at the place they should be !
They, would have been we but I arrived too late to the party, we’re just picking up on the “wrong” bit in your OP. The question of who and where you can pay off fines and bounties is one with a long history of confusion.
Personally I don’t think you should pay off fines at the IF when the issuing authority is present so you can pay to them without the IF‘s fee on top. Bounties perhaps anywhere where the issuing authority isn’t in charge.
Adding the IF to a FC could make paying stuff off very expensive with IF adding their 25% fee and the FC licence, going by other services, being another 25%.

But it is not a thing I need to do often.

Damn, in the end, getting the bounties => ok, but , we should be given the opportunity to pay them properly !
especially the ultra super annoying interstellar fed one ! ( there are none for the Empire by the way :/ ?? )
it just doesn't work :/
don't you agree ?
Maybe if I knew what you were talking about in the bit highlighted.

Top Bottom