Fleet Carrier Jump Time Penalty at 10th+ Consecutive Jump

Has anyone else experienced a spool-up time penalty on their 10th+ jump?
If so, when is the first time you experienced this penalty?
Conjecture: Is this FDev's attempt at anti-scripting?
Edit: Because I have to say, watching this 30-minute timer count down while I sit at my computer is infuriating.

Last edited:

Stealthie

Banned
Honestly, given how often my FC forgets to jump, jumps without telling me or jumps and leaves me behind, I doubt I'd even notice an additional issue.

I guess issues aren't common enough to be a huge PITA but I do get at least one or two FC issues per session.

Most directly related to the OPs speculation, I do tend to get an issue where the FC will "forget" to start the cooldown countdown until after I try to initiate another jump.
I'll be off doing something, I'll jump my FC to another system, spend an hour pottering around, change my mind about where I want to meet my FC, enter the FC command UI and I'll see that I can't can't plot a new destination for it because it's just started the cooldown countdown.

Kind of like the old docking-computer bugs, I actually wouldn't mind if things go wrong occasionally, as long as I could be assured it was intentional rather than being the result of a bug.

In the case of the FC, if FDev did want to integrate some kind of anti-botting tool, perhaps they could make it so that sometimes FCs require "repairs" after a jump?
You'd jump, get a message saying your FC had sustained damage to it's Flux Capacitor or Vortex Manipulator and you'd have to allocate a couple of crewmembers to repairs, which'd take anything from 5 minutes to, say, half an hour.

Has anyone else experienced a spool-up time penalty on their 10th+ jump?
If so, when is the first time you experienced this penalty?
Conjecture: Is this FDev's attempt at anti-scripting?
Edit: Because I have to say, watching this 30-minute timer count down while I sit at my computer is infuriating.
I haven't: I brought my FC back from Colonia earlier this week and did 30-something consecutive jumps on the first day with each being the same as the last.
Maybe you had a glitch?

Stealthie

Banned
I haven't: I brought my FC back from Colonia earlier this week and did 30-something consecutive jumps on the first day with each being the same as the last.
Maybe you had a glitch?

Was just thinking the same thing.

Last year I jumped my first FC to Colonia non-stop and didn't notice this problem.

I did notice that the entire galaxy looked like a bad acid trip at times, though.
Dunno if that was related, somehow, to the lighting system not being able to "keep up" with the distance I was covering or if it was unrelated.

0xjRdW3.png

Was just thinking the same thing.

Last year I jumped my first FC to Colonia non-stop and didn't notice this problem.

I did notice that the entire galaxy looked like a bad acid trip at times, though.
Dunno if that was related, somehow, to the lighting system not being able to "keep up" with the distance I was covering or if it was unrelated.

0xjRdW3.png
I have several screenies like that too!
Those were the days :ROFLMAO:

I experienced occasional random delays in carrier jumping while jumping to colonia.

I also had the background glitch (horizons) which seems to be some kind of blending issue where the old skybox texture isn't completely cleared and gets added on to.

I also experienced a glitch where my landing pad didn't retract into the hangar for a jump so I got to see the carrier jump from outside (there were no effects at all currently in horizons).

Stealthie

Banned
Screenies?

It's not something that could be screen-grabbed, even if I was concerned enough to bother.

I'll either plot a course, I'll see the messages telling me my FC is going to jump in 10 minutes, or whatever, and I'll even hear the "Departure Imminent" messages if I'm aboard, then I'll go and do something else, travel to the system which is the destination of my FC and find it's not there.
I'll check the FC UI and find that it's still sitting in it's original system, and will (probably) cooperate if I order it to jump again.

The only way I could screen-cap this issue would be to take screenies every time I issue a jump order and then take another one after the FC doesn't actually make the planned jump.

Equally, I can't screen-cap the cooldown not commencing because it only ever seems to happen when I'm not paying close attention to what my FC is doing.
For example, I'll have a ship on my FC that needs it's FSD engineering.
I'll be off collecting mat's and I'll jump my FC to Deciat.
I'll spend a couple of hours collecting mat's, dock at my FC (in Deciat), swap to the required ship so I can get the FSD engineered, attempt to plot another FC jump and find I can't because it's still in cooldown - even though it has, apparently, been sitting around in Deciat for the best part of a couple of hours.

As for the thing about player-ships being left behind when an FC jumps, I think that's a fairly well-accepted phenomenon now.
It tends to happen when you're not in-game so, again, it's impossible to screencap in any meaningful way.
It's always (for me) at the end of a session, where I'll dock at my FC, order it to jump somewhere, log off, log back in the next day and find my ship is floating in space, in the origin system, and I need to travel to meet my FC in the destination system.

I recently returned from a trip on my carrier, usually jumping around 5,000ly per day on travelling days but occasionally doing more (IIRC 8000ly was my longest day) if that 10th jump would leave the carrier somewhere boring for my passengers. I have never had an issue with the 20 minute turnaround between jumps, I use a kitchen timer to time the 20 minute intervals so I can be ready to plot the next jump asap.

Honestly, given how often my FC forgets to jump, jumps without telling me or jumps and leaves me behind, I doubt I'd even notice an additional issue.

Never had any of that except once a long time ago when I got left behind and that was due to a network issue, I think most of these are network issues. That some people get more than others is hard to work out, but that's what network logs are for!

1638085904132.png

My very first time ever. 249th jump of exploration trip, the second jump of the day.

Maybe it's to "punish" scripters? I defined the previous jump and had to go for some RL stuff which happens to me very rarely. So I didn't touch the game during those 15 minutes of drive warm-up and several minutes after the jump was done. The game thought "gotcha!" and increased warm-up time for the next jump.

🤷‍♂️

Am I fantasizing? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 277328

My very first time ever. 249th jump of exploration trip, the second jump of the day.

Maybe it's to "punish" scripters? I defined the previous jump and had to go for some RL stuff which happens to me very rarely. So I didn't touch the game during those 15 minutes of drive warm-up and several minutes after the jump was done. The game thought "gotcha!" and increased warm-up time for the next jump.

🤷‍♂️

Am I fantasizing? :ROFLMAO:
So the game penalises you for making your life easier? Guess Fdev considers looking at blank walls riveting gameplay.....

Top Bottom