Fleet Carrier Upkeep Costs Almost Doubled.

I disagree, money is very easy to make and 10,15-20M for FC upkeep is a cheap money. I think it should double because there is too many FC and only Cmdrs who can afford them should have them.

I disagree, money is very easy to make and 10,15-20M for FC upkeep is a cheap money. I think it should double because there is too many FC and only Cmdrs who can afford them should have them.
You seem to forget that only CMDRS that have almost 6 billion in the bank can afford to buy a fleet carrier. This limits the number to the CMDRs who want to put the time and effort into amassing the money. There will be many that do not want to do this.
How does the number of CMDRs currently having a fleet carrier adversely affect you?
How many fleet carriers is too many?
Once the optimum number of fleet carriers is reached, would you deny others the opportunity to own one?
Do you have a fleet carrier?

I have two accounts, one with Odyssey and one with only Horizons. I have a fleet carrier for each, and both fleet carriers are parked in out of the way systems, bothering no one.

Want to know more?

Steve 07.

Deleted member 110222

D
You seem to forget that only CMDRS that have almost 6 billion in the bank can afford to buy a fleet carrier. This limits the number to the CMDRs who want to put the time and effort into amassing the money. There will be many that do not want to do this.
How does the number of CMDRs currently having a fleet carrier adversely affect you?
How many fleet carriers is too many?
Once the optimum number of fleet carriers is reached, would you deny others the opportunity to own one?
Do you have a fleet carrier?

I have two accounts, one with Odyssey and one with only Horizons. I have a fleet carrier for each, and both fleet carriers are parked in out of the way systems, bothering no one.

Want to know more?

Steve 07.
This is why they should have stuck with the Squadron-only plan.

Right, it's easy enough to make the upkeep, but that is not my point. Having inconsistencies with the fees and other issues in the current game state sort of takes the fun out of playing. The least Frontier could do is put "grind keep" on hold till this is all stable again.

This is why they should have stuck with the Squadron-only plan.
They couldn't figure out how to sell paint jobs to a squadron.

Do they charge 20 times what it costs now for a 20 commander squadron? (If not, they are possibly losing 19 commanders ARX payments!!)

But what if someone leaves, or they buy it with only a couple commanders then more join? Do they have to pay ARX to join the squad?

You see, cosmetic items don't affect the game, because "it's only cosmetic"

I don't have an issue with other people's carriers, a system being full is just part of the game universe for me but I would find it handy if navigation & other controls could be delegated to nominated players (with the squadron privileges or something independent but similar) with the owner managing that access privilege (rather than a Squadron leader or whatever). Seems like something that could be done without too much dev time.

FWIW, I'm on PS4 so no Odyssey obviously but I haven't been charged for my FC in the last week and now showing 44,341,304 for weekly Upkeep. Normally ~24.7mil.
Last Weekly Upkeep was 9th June.

Dam
I thought the time continum folded on itself and went looking for the winning lotto numbers. Only to find I’d purched them twice yesterday. Now the lotto people want to know why I got two winning lotto numbers with the same numbers. I told them fdev screwed up in my favor…

Mine has also almost doubled - from 13 mil to 21 mil.

Funny thing is that if I suspend all of my services (refuel, repair, universal cartographics, concourse bar, vista genomics) my upkeep goes from 21 175 459 to 20 597 636.
Although it should be 17 225 459.

All services active:
EliteDangerous64_2022.06.22-08.20.jpg

All services suspended:
EliteDangerous64_2022.06.22-08.27.jpg

If I hadn't logged on and discovered this my upkeep reserves would run out sooner than I thought.

Why has the upkeep doubled without any info?

I would like to have my credits back (and also the excessive credits that you apparently charge for suspended services). (n)

I found this issue that is currently in "Confirming" status:

Those of you who can please add some reproduction steps and maybe, just maybe FDev will take notice and perhaps even fix this issue in the next few months while players will get charged double for upkeep and almost the same amount for suspended services.

I'm getting tired of things like these and of the constant begging and hunting for confirmations and votes so that FDev actually fixes things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom