Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

10 hours a day though... if I did that, my coxis would be screaming blue bloody murder!
I have stepper for such cases. Also I don't smoke inside. So have a breaks each 20-30 mins to go out. Now you should say about smoking is bad :D
...well, because I do that I had 100% healthy eyes for last 25 years of computer use. Just started to degrade a little. My same aged friends have glasses for long.

Last edited:
10 hours a day though... if I did that, my coxis would be screaming blue bloody murder!

91WZEg5ju2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have stepper for such cases. Also I don't smoke inside. So have a breaks each 20-30 mins to go out. Now you should say about smoking is bad :D
...well, because I do that I had 100% healthy eyes for last 25 years of computer use. Just started to degrade a little. My same aged friends have glasses for long.
At least you can read the cancer diagnosis after your doctor visit :p

Sry, joking, smoker here aswell ;)

And now please, keep telling yourself how FCs are "broken and useless"

Oh I definitely will.
Yeah you can jump around a bit when the tank is full but what's the actual use of it all?
I can explore more and faster in my Krait Phantom.
Commodity trading is a hollow shell, at least untill NPCs can trade with you, there are so many FCs out there, why would I pick yours to trade with and this while stations have the best prices.
And don't get me started on the upkeep and them clogging up the bubble.

I don't see any use for FCs and personally think it's the worst feature Fdev has ever come up with.
I know some will disagree strongly with me, that's fine, if you enjoy your FC, great, but I think they're useless and broken.

I don't see any use for FCs and personally think it's the worst feature Fdev has ever come up with.
You know ... when I see route plotted for 50 jumps it makes me said. So usually I break route to visit some cool stuff and be short, like series of 5-6 jumps. And this is real use of carrier - long road is split in 7-8 jumps chunks. No any other use, I agree, except such mental relax.

Yeah you can jump around a bit when the tank is full but what's the actual use of it all?
I can explore more and faster in my Krait Phantom.
I know some will disagree strongly with me, that's fine, if you enjoy your FC, great, but I think they're useless and broken.
Looks like the FC explorers aren't actually exploring, OR I must have the wrong idea about what it means to "explore".
For me Exploring means I pick something interesting outside the bubble from the CODEX and I plot a course filtered for "NOT VISITED" and "MOST ECONOMICAL".
When I get there, I plot a course to civilization the same way to sell the data.
Then I pick a "NOT VISITED" system close to the first one and make the round trip again and again and again.
I eventually start to see my route get longer as I have to loop out around the "tube" I have explored and I eventually get a large kind'a football shaped cluster of visited systems with nothing left in it that I have not visited so if there was anything truly "new", I won't miss it.
This method doesn't require something with a massive jump range right now, but, IF is ever decide to head out to the edge or into one of the remote places, my DBX's can do better than 60 LY without making jump juice so I should be able to get most places.
For me right now since I have 2 accounts and ships that I fly in PG and Wing the FC's have broken the game for me since I cannot reliably get into and stay in either PG or Wing.

Looks like the FC explorers aren't actually exploring, OR I must have the wrong idea about what it means to "explore".
(...)

Oh, I feel so bad now that I know that I am not "exploring" according to YOUR idea of exploring.
PS. is there a book "EXPLORING IN ED FOR DUMMIES"
I feel like I have to learn some necessary rules.

Damn, and it was allegedly me who is "telling others how they should play" just because I mentioned that SSD mining Tritium is more effective.

Yeh, my current fuel on board will do 103000ly :D
However ... still need return to stations ...round trip tour is 350000ly at least.

Oh.
It's so tragic, that you cant EFFORTLESSLY fly around the galaxy like it was a carousel for Fleet Carriers.
An ULTIMATE PROOF that GAME IS BROKEN.

Last edited:
Oh.
It's so tragic, that you cant EFFORTLESSLY fly around the galaxy like it was a carousel.
An ULTIMATE PROOF that GAME IS BROKEN.
Well, yeh :) 1500ly/hr at most is limiting too though. On NS road it is 15 mins to cover. Double feeling on that. With carrier may explore alot of 1st visits of M stars. with NS road can find truly rare stars.

Of course there are limits.
How could anyone demand FC to be a "semi teleporter to any point in Galaxy", just because it took a few days of mining to afford one...

Of course there are limits.
How could anyone demand FC to be a "semi teleporter to any point in Galaxy", just because it took a few days of mining to afford one...
I think that is main idea to buy big ship -> be there faster. Till carriers that was true.

Top Bottom