Florida DLC pt.2

As part one covered animals, part two will cover other aspects.

Themes
1 A key west style building and scenery items that would add more opportunities for buildings.
2 A swamp theme.

Biome
1 Coastal beach
2 Swamp
3 Pine forest

Flora would include species native to Florida such as pines ect

New mechanics:
Hurricanes/storms, these cause destruction like in JWE
Light levels

Any other ideas?

"Pine Forest" isn't a real biome, though. I imagine they'd be saving a coastal biome for some kind of limited marine DLC (sea lions, etc.), and "swamp" would be covered by the aquatic sub-biome we already have (freshwater biomes do exist, but in-game it seems to be more of an addition to an existing biome, like "Tropical Aquatic, Grassland Aquatic, so on". I don't see the need to add in new biomes when Florida is pretty much covered by "tropical" in the game's version of real-world ecosystems.

I also don't think adding hurricanes or natural disasters would add anything especially positive. It would create a new challenge, sure, but just like in JWE it's a challenge that becomes annoying and tedious pretty quickly.

Not sure what you mean by "light levels".

Personally I'd rather see Florida folded into a bigger North American DLC. Florida itself doesn't have an enormous amount of unique fauna that can't be found in other places in America. The Florida panther, even, isn't always considered a true subspecies (there is a lot of debate around it, just like with the Scottish wildcat or the Ethiopian lion).

Of course, I'm not opposed to localised DLC packs, but when I think of it I consider more unique areas, like, say, Madagascar (mostly lemurs, I admit, but there's also the fossa, and a fair amount of pretty neat exhibit animals).

"Pine Forest" isn't a real biome, though. I imagine they'd be saving a coastal biome for some kind of limited marine DLC (sea lions, etc.), and "swamp" would be covered by the aquatic sub-biome we already have (freshwater biomes do exist, but in-game it seems to be more of an addition to an existing biome, like "Tropical Aquatic, Grassland Aquatic, so on". I don't see the need to add in new biomes when Florida is pretty much covered by "tropical" in the game's version of real-world ecosystems.

I also don't think adding hurricanes or natural disasters would add anything especially positive. It would create a new challenge, sure, but just like in JWE it's a challenge that becomes annoying and tedious pretty quickly.

Not sure what you mean by "light levels".

Personally I'd rather see Florida folded into a bigger North American DLC. Florida itself doesn't have an enormous amount of unique fauna that can't be found in other places in America. The Florida panther, even, isn't always considered a true subspecies (there is a lot of debate around it, just like with the Scottish wildcat or the Ethiopian lion).

Of course, I'm not opposed to localised DLC packs, but when I think of it I consider more unique areas, like, say, Madagascar (mostly lemurs, I admit, but there's also the fossa, and a fair amount of pretty neat exhibit animals).
Light Levels as in the amount o light that an exhibit prefers, for example Bats would like more darkness than a Gila Monster

Top Bottom