Focus Crystals Argh

I'm trying to get the Guardian FSD Booster. Got everything except for the Focus Crystals.
I've been to a few Materials Traders and traded some but I don't have anything the last few want to trade.
I know you can get focus crystals from combat but I'm in an unarmed Cobra geared for exploration. Do I need to outfit a new ship just to get the crystals or if I just keep trying different traders might I find some?
I don't want to learn combat, I've learnt honking and running away!

Any tips please??
Thanks
o7

I'm trying to get the Guardian FSD Booster. Got everything except for the Focus Crystals.
I've been to a few Materials Traders and traded some but I don't have anything the last few want to trade.
I know you can get focus crystals from combat but I'm in an unarmed Cobra geared for exploration. Do I need to outfit a new ship just to get the crystals or if I just keep trying different traders might I find some?
I don't want to learn combat, I've learnt honking and running away!

Any tips please??
Thanks
o7
Some missions will reward Exquisite Focus Crystals which can be traded down.

You probably need to be allied with the factions to see these missions.

Thanks. I've just found one offering 5 exquisite fc but it's for Elite rank, I'm nowhere near that. I'll go back to somewhere I'm allied with. Not feeling hopeful! Gerry. Thx tho

Depends on the mission type. Without shields there is no point in weapons. IMHO. They'll only encourage you to stay - and then you will die 🤷‍♀️ Running is more useful until you know what you are doing.
Yep. I have rebuy.
I thought I'd go to check out some signal sources and see what happens. I've just turned round tho and docked again and will shield up

Thanks. I've just found one offering 5 exquisite fc but it's for Elite rank, I'm nowhere near that. I'll go back to somewhere I'm allied with. Not feeling hopeful! Gerry. Thx tho

Fit cargo racks and look for supply/delivery missions from allied factions. You might get some that reward with Exquisite Focus Crystals.
Disregard the rank, but evade all interdictions - it should not be hard in a Cobra mk3 since she's one of the most agile ships in SuperCruise
Then find a manufactured material trader and trade down

Fit cargo racks and look for supply/delivery missions from allied factions. You might get some that reward with Exquisite Focus Crystals.
Disregard the rank, but evade all interdictions - it should not be hard in a Cobra mk3 since she's one of the most agile ships in SuperCruise
Then find a manufactured material trader and trade down
Thanks. I've got cargo racks but they're pretty much full of stuff I need for the guardian fsd!

Thanks all. I'm gonna check out Dav's Hope. Going the long way round, avoiding people and hoping to find stuff is definitely more in line with my playing style!
One can take any direction long or short, both will avoid humans for the most part. The issue will be when you get to Dav's Hope. It seems to be the best place in OPEN to get grieved now. Land, dismiss ship and while gathering mats, in addition to someone else always ahead of you doing the same, there are those that like to or want to kill ya. Thus, you can't get any mats; Thus like other's sites, it's best farmed in SOLO.

One can take any direction long or short, both will avoid humans for the most part. The issue will be when you get to Dav's Hope. It seems to be the best place in OPEN to get grieved now. Land, dismiss ship and while gathering mats, in addition to someone else always ahead of you doing the same, there are those that like to or want to kill ya. Thus, you can't get any mats; Thus like other's sites, it's best farmed in SOLO.
Thanks for the heads up. I normally play in Solo but go to Open from time to time

Top Bottom