Focused Feedback - Balancing Ship Engineering & Material Gathering

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I ran Vulture with both large hardpoints deploeyed. It was a matter of power priorities. Iirc, the FSD, gear, cargo hatch was pushed down. Who wants to jump with active hardpoints, right?

Oh yeah, I was fairly competent at managing priorities, but, with some loadouts - that would have been fun - there simply was not enough power, making that build totally unviable. With just a little more power - I think a G1 roll was enough - the ship's utility was transformed as a damage dealer. One of you in an all beams Vulture, while your wing mate is in an all Multi-cannon or Frag loadout was dead fun.

You know, I might get a Vulture again and run it unengineered as see how I get on. I have sorta restarted after all, currently have a Cobra Mk III, no engineering.

For me personally, engineering is what keeps me from buying more ships. There's a good handful of ships I would like to have for various purposes (instead of swapping modules all the time) and I'd also like to fly some of the smaller ships for a change of pace and their different feel. But the effort of getting them engineered up makes me just stick to my all 100% G5 Anaconda for everything, because I honestly cannot be bothered.

What I would like, is if you only had to do the G1 => G5 100% progress once per upgrade and then could buy the same upgrade again and again for additional modules just paying credits. Basically you'd give the engineer a wide selection of materials so they can experiment with module upgrades until they figured how the get the most of of the module. Afterwards they know how to do it, so they can reproduce the same upgrade for a lot less materials - which they can also order on the market, because now they know what they need.
They way it is right now, the engineer suffers retrograde amnesia the moment they finished a module and have to figure it all out from scratch again, if you need another one of the same. But they also work entirely for free, once you paid the initial unlock of their workshop. This doesn't even make logical sense, even if it was good gameplay.

For me personally, engineering doesn't stop me buying more ships. There's a good handful of ships I have for various purposes (I would never swap modules all the time) and I also like to fly some of the smaller ships for a change of pace and their different feel. There was little effort of getting them engineered up, and it means I never need a 100% G5 Anaconda for anything, because I honestly cannot be bothered.

What I would like, is if fdev left engineering as it is. They way it is right now, the engineer takes the materials and finishes a module, if you need another one of the same then they need the same materials, the unlocks make them basically a friend with a workshop. This makes logical sense, and was good gameplay.

Oh yeah, I was fairly competent at managing priorities, but, with some loadouts - that would have been fun - there simply was not enough power, making that build totally unviable. With just a little more power - I think a G1 roll was enough - the ship's utility was transformed as a damage dealer. One of you in an all beams Vulture, while your wing mate is in an all Multi-cannon or Frag loadout was dead fun.

You know, I might get a Vulture again and run it unengineered as see how I get on. I have sorta restarted after all, currently have a Cobra Mk III, no engineering.
I had a Vulture in the corner I was active. The worst part was moving it to another spot. And I don't think I fitted any beams - those were too power hungry I believe.

True, you simply dismissed it as "complaining".
Feedback that only takes into account a portion of the player's opinion doesn't help FDev at all. That is akin to complaining, and is the most common form of "feedback" lately.

Feedback that takes into account how it will affect everyone is useful. That type of feedback is becoming increasingly rare.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom