For the love of the clones!

My most wanted clone is the Eurasian brown bear. As I have often commented on the forum the HBB was a very and choice and the Eurasian brown bear would be a much better option, since it is very common in zoos and iconic. Also, a new brown bear, despite being a clone, would look much better now with the great models Frontier is making these days.

Other than that, I also want the European bison, the Eurasian otter (I think this also qualifies as clone, since the major difference lays on the biomes and social needs, but they can easily reuse the model and animations) and the American flamingo.

I wouldn't mind getting the massai giraffe, grevy's zebra, a tropical leopard, Nile crocodile, grey kangaroo or yellow-footed rock wallaby, but I won't cry if we don't get them.

My most wanted clone is the Eurasian brown bear. As I have often commented on the forum the HBB was a very and choice and the Eurasian brown bear would be a much better option, since it is very common in zoos and iconic. Also, a new brown bear, despite being a clone, would look much better now with the great models Frontier is making these days.

Other than that, I also want the European bison, the Eurasian otter (I think this also qualifies as clone, since the major difference lays on the biomes and social needs, but they can easily reuse the model and animations) and the American flamingo.

I wouldn't mind getting the massai giraffe, grevy's zebra, a tropical leopard, Nile crocodile, grey kangaroo or yellow-footed rock wallaby, but I won't cry if we don't get them.
About the leopard part, that's what I was thinking of talking about. Amur leopard being the only non tropical known subspecies, African leopard being tropical (where it terrorize gorillas and okapis) and mostly grassland while most of the rest of the leopard subspecies are tropical.

I would really like a tropical leopard, mainly african one, but indian is cool as well. Indian and African do look similar, but to me amur leopards look nothing like african or indian leopards so is not the same. That said at this point it really is very low priority. I rather get other animals (and even other clones) before a tropical leopard.

I really don't want the african leopard. I cannot for the life of me tell them apart from another leopard. I don't care if this or that small detail looks slightly different. If you show most people on earth a pic of one leopard species and the another ask them to identify which is which, I promise you they won't be able to.

I really don't want the african leopard. I cannot for the life of me tell them apart from another leopard. I don't care if this or that small detail looks slightly different. If you show most people on earth a pic of one leopard species and the another ask them to identify which is which, I promise you they won't be able to.
E0fFhp-WUAMDuSM.jpg:large

Well to me Amur leopards are very stocky, have a thicker coat (which probably is what makes them look larger and bulkier), with a thicker tail, more rounded face and even the coat patterns and colors are pretty distinct. I would argue is pretty much the only leopard i could tell apart from the rest lol

African / Indian are leaner and more elegant. I just can't use the amur as a replacement for tropical leopards.

There are wonderful leopard mods though.

True, but as Nacho said, the Amur looks different than a warmer-climate subspecies of leopard.

If I'd have to choose one, it'd be the Indian leopard for it's elegant look and to boost our relatively weak India roster, which is missing the leopard, the sloth bear, the blackbuck, and some monkeys

I'd choose whichever subspecies is most common in zoos. According to zootierliste it is Sri Lankan (Panthera pardus kotiya).

E0fFhp-WUAMDuSM.jpg:large

Well to me Amur leopards are very stocky, have a thicker coat (which probably is what makes them look larger and bulkier), with a thicker tail, more rounded face and even the coat patterns and colors are pretty distinct. I would argue is pretty much the only leopard i could tell apart from the rest lol

African / Indian are leaner and more elegant. I just can't use the amur as a replacement for tropical leopards.

There are wonderful leopard mods though.
Alot of zoos use amur leopards in african areas anyway. And, depending on the climate, animals develope a thicker fur anyways. So most tropical leopards in place like europe and NA will end up looking pretty similar to amurs anyways. So another leopard is probably the last cat i wanna see, would chose pretty much any other species of wild cat over it

Well if real zoos get away with putting amur leopards in tropical themed habitats, that's good enough for me.
Tge average zoo goer won't be able ro the apart so... and when your viewing your zoo from a guest perspective that's where you couldn't tell eny leopard apart. While you can notice things when u look up close in game. Your not gonna be up close with leopard in an irl zoo.

Tge average zoo goer won't be able ro the apart so... and when your viewing your zoo from a guest perspective that's where you couldn't tell eny leopard apart. While you can notice things when u look up close in game. Your not gonna be up close with leopard in an irl zoo.
I'm not so much a 'pixel peeper' as some of us are, most of my time is spent building and moving onto the next part of my zoo rather than admiring the animals up close so my view is rather the same as if I was a visiting a real zoo. Anyways if we are talking big cats, I'd rather a tiger clone personally.

I would really like a tropical leopard, mainly african one, but indian is cool as well. Indian and African do look similar, but to me amur leopards look nothing like african or indian leopards so is not the same. That said at this point it really is very low priority. I rather get other animals (and even other clones) before a tropical leopard.
I too like and want African leopard to be there. It's been four years and I've been hoping for that immediately before that game stop having dlc pack ideas soon since that game had so many great species and sets/groups I too like that game to have.

I feel like there are about 80 animals I want more than an African leopard, but I still kind of want it and would be happy to see it. I tend to agree that a tropical leopard would be nice to have at some point. I think I would like the leopard most and more people would appreciate it if it came in some kind of Safari expansion pack similar to the mod or even collaborate with the modders to bring it officially to the game somehow. Maybe it would cost 15-30$ depending on what they add, but I could picture 20-30 animals, with a bunch of options:
  • Ungulates (add a bunch of random antelope for variety): Red Hartebeest or Topi Antelope, Bontebok, Dik-Dik, Zebra Duiker, Greater Kudu, Giant Eland, Grevy's Zebra, Masai Giraffe, Forest buffalo, Impala, Gerenuk, Waterbuck, Barbary Sheep, etc.
  • Other Habitat Animals: Nile Crocodile, African Leopard, Bat Eared Fox, Baboon, A few birds (secretary, crowned crane, hornbill, Guineafowl, shoebill, stork?) and smaller monkeys (colobus, guenons, barbary macaque), serval, jackal, ratel, springhare?, rock hyrax
  • Exhibit: Rock Python, Chameleon, Pancake Tortoise, Rainbow Agama, Black Mamba
  • Scenery: There are a few options, but maybe something touristy. I like the theme of the mod.
While there are a few fancier things I want for Africa (monkeys, birds, serval, ratel), most of the animals in this type of pack would be low-effort, clone-type picks to flesh out Africa. Other things are needed way more at the moment, but something like this might be nice if support goes on for 2-3+ years.

If we get another leopard, I would hope it would be the Sri Lankan, as it is pretty much the only subspecies other than the Amur kept commonly in captivity.

I don't really want another leopard though. Another tiger, yes. Another lion, yes.

Regarding the issue of tiger subspecies, the current controversy is still huge. As far as I know, in a research report published in "CURRENT BIOLOGY" in 2018, it was discussed in detail why the division of the two subspecies is not accurate, and At present, the division of six subspecies is more accurate. On the other hand, whether it is a zoo in Europe, North America, or Asia, especially those zoos that have joined a formal association, the exchange and breeding of tigers is still divided into 6 subspecies, so I personally do not support 2 subspecies. This method of division, I think it is very sloppy.
Here is the link to the research report:https://www.cell.com/current-biolog...m/retrieve/pii/S0960982218312144?showall=true

If we get another leopard, I would hope it would be the Sri Lankan, as it is pretty much the only subspecies other than the Amur kept commonly in captivity.

I don't really want another leopard though. Another tiger, yes. Another lion, yes.
I want a melanized leopard, but it is rare in Sri Lankan leopard(only a few sightings over the decades), which makes me torn, and lean more towards Indian leopard、African lerpard or Indochinese leopard.

I feel like there are about 80 animals I want more than an African leopard, but I still kind of want it and would be happy to see it. I tend to agree that a tropical leopard would be nice to have at some point. I think I would like the leopard most and more people would appreciate it if it came in some kind of Safari expansion pack similar to the mod or even collaborate with the modders to bring it officially to the game somehow. Maybe it would cost 15-30$ depending on what they add, but I could picture 20-30 animals, with a bunch of options:
  • Ungulates (add a bunch of random antelope for variety): Red Hartebeest or Topi Antelope, Bontebok, Dik-Dik, Zebra Duiker, Greater Kudu, Giant Eland, Grevy's Zebra, Masai Giraffe, Forest buffalo, Impala, Gerenuk, Waterbuck, Barbary Sheep, etc.
  • Other Habitat Animals: Nile Crocodile, African Leopard, Bat Eared Fox, Baboon, A few birds (secretary, crowned crane, hornbill, Guineafowl, shoebill, stork?) and smaller monkeys (colobus, guenons, barbary macaque), serval, jackal, ratel, springhare?, rock hyrax
  • Exhibit: Rock Python, Chameleon, Pancake Tortoise, Rainbow Agama, Black Mamba
  • Scenery: There are a few options, but maybe something touristy. I like the theme of the mod.
While there are a few fancier things I want for Africa (monkeys, birds, serval, ratel), most of the animals in this type of pack would be low-effort, clone-type picks to flesh out Africa. Other things are needed way more at the moment, but something like this might be nice if support goes on for 2-3+ years.
If we get some kind of safari expansion i would like it to be more diversed and not just focus i'm África. You can take 'safaris' pretty much anywhere SO it would be a Nice opportunity to add more Indiana, australian and SA fauna i'm the mix.

Top Bottom