For those having trouble with 'orange sidewinder' - possible solution

I was having the orange sidewinder error when trying to load the game. In my last session I logged out in low orbit on a planet.

After several hours of 'orange sidewinder' I loaded into Horizons and got a message saying I was too near a planet, would I like to recover to orbit. I said yes to this and then reloaded into Odyssey and got in fine.

Thank you ... that worked for me too now. At first attempt after Recovery to Orbit in Horizons I got a Taupe Cobra error but when I tried a second time, I got into the client in Odyssee.

I was having the orange sidewinder error when trying to load the game. In my last session I logged out in low orbit on a planet.

After several hours of 'orange sidewinder' I loaded into Horizons and got a message saying I was too near a planet, would I like to recover to orbit. I said yes to this and then reloaded into Odyssey and got in fine.
Thank you worked for me

Oh, and if Odyssey still can't connect even though Horizons worked, jump somewhere else in Horizons and then try Odyssey again.

Stick to Horizons till they fix the servers thats what im doing
I can't get in game in any game mode be it Odyssey, Horizons or base game, open, private group or solo. I don't know why I am shocked every time FD has some new DLC but I keep shelling out cash for a steaming pile of whatever they're peddling, so this really is my own fault.

Logging into Horizons again and afterwards back into Odyssee works again.

I give up now, though, as the constant menu bugs and connection errors are just making it all a pointless exercise. I will wait for a few hotfixes and try again.

Top Bottom