Forum damage

Rafe Zetter

Banned
yes... here it comes....

Can I be the first to point out if you are ALT+Tabbing or reading on a separate screen while waiting for ED to do something mundane (again), theres a fundamental flaw with how engaging the game is?

This is just another version of "I watch netflixs in SC, because it's so dull"

just sayin'

yes... here it comes....

Can I be the first to point out if you are ALT+Tabbing or reading on a separate screen while waiting for ED to do something mundane (again), theres a fundamental flaw with how engaging the game is?

This is just another version of "I watch netflixs in SC, because it's so dull"

just sayin'

It depends on the game.
If we had space legs, I'd be puttering about my ship whilst in auto-supercruise (plz FD? :p); not really much different from reading GalNet, browsing the GalMap/SysMap, or reading the forums.

So, how much damage have you done to your ship because you were reading the forums instead of paying attention when you drop out of hyperspace??
None - I only engage with the forums normally when either I am safely docked OR have insufficient time to play ED properly.

Deleted member 110222

D
None. While I do indeed post when playing... I do so on my mobile. It's very easy to switch between my desktop and mobile. So no forum damage yet. :)

Lots of phasing damage dealt once in my little iCourier by an enemy faction member who will remain nameless. He was in a Vette so I just ran. :p

bounced off a few planets. no damage, just loss of shields.
got a few fines for erratic flying around a few stations.
its all fun :)

None to my ship.

But the damage to my brain from reading all of the "game is doomed" threads and solid advice about what FD are doing wrong from armchair game devs is inestimable.

Post of the week. The llama appreciates your insights. o7!

So, how much damage have you done to your ship because you were reading the forums instead of paying attention when you drop out of hyperspace??

Forum’s got a lot to answer for....

Noe in that I don't read the forums while playing.

I see the LoS (Loop of Shame) has been mentioned and we do those occasionally.............

............ but, speaking of damage, forgetting to check gee loads when landing on a planet and realising, all too late, that there is 2 gee at the surface then "this is going to hurt".

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Borderless + 2nd screen ftw .. get to read and taste the salt whenever I play. :p

I've been very tempted to get a second screen, given how much I post... But there's the small problem of me having no space to put one. Not even a tiny one.

I could reduce the size of my gaming monitor... But I quite enjoy a 27" display. So that's not happening.

I've been very tempted to get a second screen, given how much I post... But there's the small problem of me having no space to put one. Not even a tiny one.

I could reduce the size of my gaming monitor... But I quite enjoy a 27" display. So that's not happening.

I had a similar issue; so I got me one of these (not this one in particular, but one like it):
61PdfSlAWmL._SL1500_.jpg

Fits to the back of my desk, keeps the screens off the desk and frees up a lot of space underneath. Totally worth it IMHO. :)

Top Bottom