Foundation - The Exploration Portal (Guides, Tools, Resources, Databases)

But How do you find these things in the first place.

Daft question time.
I'm out here, thousands of LY from anywhere and would quite like to find a geyser or such things.

Is there anything specific I should be looking for to narrow down my chances?
I can find planets and land on them, but where on them should I go?
I've had a lot of fun flying down ravines as these can be seen from space, but volcanic plumes, geysers etc are no where to be found.

So any clues? I know people here have catalogued any they've found, but that's not my point.
How do you go about actually discovering some for yourself?

Thanks in advance for any hits.

:S

Daft question time.
I'm out here, thousands of LY from anywhere and would quite like to find a geyser or such things.

Is there anything specific I should be looking for to narrow down my chances?
I can find planets and land on them, but where on them should I go?
I've had a lot of fun flying down ravines as these can be seen from space, but volcanic plumes, geysers etc are no where to be found.

So any clues? I know people here have catalogued any they've found, but that's not my point.
How do you go about actually discovering some for yourself?

Thanks in advance for any hits.

:S

I suppose you start off by picking a planet that has volcanism and/or geysers (says on the sysmap after a detailed scan, iirc), but after that, no idea. Spent hours on this for nothing. I think it's pretty much 95% of luck.

I suppose you start off by picking a planet that has volcanism and/or geysers (says on the sysmap after a detailed scan, iirc), but after that, no idea. Spent hours on this for nothing. I think it's pretty much 95% of luck.

Thanks, that's what I seem to be finding :(

No luck so far though.

One of us might find out.

There seem to be other threads on subject, but they are only use once you find something.

Cheers anyway

This is great Qohen, thank you for collating everything in one place!
I want to smash out the last 50% from Pioneer to Elite in exploration and I knew I'd seen a thread somewhere about how to do it easily within the bubble (the one by Becky) but I couldn't find it! I'd almost given up hope when I noticed this handy thread. :D
Not allowed to rep you properly apparently but just wanted to say thanks anyway!

Added:

ELW 3D MAP
Interactive 3D map of all known ELWs in the Elite galaxy, with informa
Entry #180 | Author: _RUKUS_ | Added by Qohen Leth on 1/2/2018

EDDN EXPLORER AGGREGATION SERVICE
Online aggregator of all sorts of astronomical data pulled from EDDN: "This site is about statistics for explorers. Come here to seek information about galactic averages and trends for exploration scans in the Elite Dangerous Universe."
Entry #181 | Author: oldmanklc | Added by Qohen Leth on 1/2/2018

SUPERCRUISE HANDLING OF SHIPS
Understandable data on supercruise abilities of all ships (time to 180°, etc.), gathered directly from in-game testing.
Entry #182 | Author: marx | Added by Qohen Leth on 1/2/2018

The Aronnax Expedition

A survey of the borders of the ten most distant permit-locked regions, to search for signs of spacefaring activity and to lay the foundations for future visitors by locating Earth-like Worlds, Ammonia Worlds and systems with useful resources.

Entry # | Author:
Edelgard von Rhein
| Added by
Edelgard von Rhein
on
2/1/2018

Last edited:
Added:

LIST OF AMMONIA WORLDS
Community database of Ammonia Worlds in Eltie's galaxy
Entry #184 | Author: marx | Added by Qohen Leth on 20/4/2018

GLOWING GREEN GIANTS - THE DEFINITIVE LIST
Community list of those rare glowing green or pink gas giants!
Entry #185 | Author: Sapyx | Added by Qohen Leth on 20/4/2018

BRAIN TREES - HOW TO GUIDE
A complete guide on increasing your chances of finding brain trees surface sites
Entry #186 | Author: Baton | Added by Qohen Leth on 20/4/2018

@Edelgard: this is a one-man expedition, I don't add those (too many and not exactly 'public service')...

Updated: Kola2's Galactic Travel Agency thread (now v.2)

Last edited:
I hope I got this right. :)

EDIT: I've had to massage it a little, and the formatting is still a little off.

Elite: Dangerous Astrometrics

Maps and charts detailing distribution of scanned bodies and visited systems, plus tools for creating travel history videos, and exploration starting tips.
Entry # | Author: CMDR Orvidius | Added by CMDR Orvidius on 05/22/2018

Last edited:
I hope I got this right. :)

EDIT: I've had to massage it a little, and the formatting is still a little off.

Elite: Dangerous Astrometrics

Maps and charts detailing distribution of scanned bodies and visited systems, plus tools for creating travel history videos, and exploration starting tips.
Entry # | Author: CMDR Orvidius | Added by CMDR Orvidius on 05/22/2018

It's totally fine :) Great website, by the way!

Added:

ELITE: DANGEROUS ASTROMETRICS
Entry #187 | Author: CMDR Orvidius | Added by CMDR Orvidius on 05/22/2018

App ELITE DANGEROUS PROFIT SCANNER
An App for Elite Dangerous that automatically scans surrounding systems (Based on the parameters set by you) with high value bodies.
Entry #188 | Author: Joniboychi | Added by Qohen Leth on 5/25/2018

Added:

App ED-VOID
Application that features scanned bodies value, POI reporting, surface navigation, and extensive body information.
Entry #189 | Author: Rita Mertens | Added by Qohen Leth on 6/27/2018

Removed (no longer online):

ED MATERIALIZER
Surveys of materials available on Bubble systems, with search function
Entry #20 | Author: <I'll remember> | Added by Qohen Leth on 7/31/2017

Removed (no longer active):

LONELY EXPLORERS FRIEND LIST
Lonesome explorers that wish to meet other lonesome explorers out of the usual comms hubs
Entry #98 | Author: mpfj | Added by Qohen Leth on 8/1/2017

Last edited:
[
Remove the links please ;) I clicked from the email to be redirected with a lot of spamming sites and had to kill Chrome ^^

Last edited:
Top Bottom