Founders of the Elite Benefits not implemented

That takes care of the backers that supported the game (Thank you guys, your backing helped make this game possible and you deserve the perks), what about us that got into late beta and such? We were promised a pack of paints (unless that's supposed to be the mercenary paint for multiple ships), a special emblem (although no word has been given if the skull is supposed to be it.), and I think someone said our Freagles would have a different color, although that may be B.S. Last we heard for the dev team was that they would be implemented just before they went on vacation, last we heard in general from the newsletter was that they had in fact been implemented. So very confusing, and I'm sure quite a few of us would like a straight-forward answer, perhaps pinned on the front page for us all to see easily.

now youve fixed up the whiners about the kickstarters backers issue, lets take a look at influence mr brookes :)

show me what my extra £50 got me before you label us whiners. That's more than a single copy of the game.

this place would be a lot "happier" if there was a little less name calling...

That takes care of the backers that supported the game (Thank you guys, your backing helped make this game possible and you deserve the perks), what about us that got into late beta and such? We were promised a pack of paints (unless that's supposed to be the mercenary paint for multiple ships), a special emblem (although no word has been given if the skull is supposed to be it.), and I think someone said our Freagles would have a different color, although that may be B.S. Last we heard for the dev team was that they would be implemented just before they went on vacation, last we heard in general from the newsletter was that they had in fact been implemented. So very confusing, and I'm sure quite a few of us would like a straight-forward answer, perhaps pinned on the front page for us all to see easily.

I too am a beta backer and I believe (if I understood the package correctly) we get the mercenary paint job (is for all ships I hope), a decal :- the skull might be it as long as everyone who brought the game post release did not get it and the free eagle, of which I did receive them as promised...

My question is can we anticipate more decals linked to our greater faction ranks and lesser faction standings?

I think that decals will be vanity items, much like the paint jobs - i.e. only available through the shop bar a few special cases (mercenary, founders, founding members, elite) and unless you qualify for the lifetime updates and more come available that way.

Faction ranks sound like something that you might want to post into the suggestions sub-forum though? Maybe they could add smaller decals elsewhere showing these - but they might be akin to painting a target on your ship?!

Last edited:
Do beta backers get the founders world discount too?

Only KickStarter backers and accidental Gamma joiners have the Founders World permit to visit there from the outset. (Higher KS backers can start there)

My understanding is though that once any other player reaches Dangerous and higher, they're invited to join the Pilot's Federation (if I remember correctly) which is the faction that owns Founders World and they'll then gain the permit to visit. (I prepare to stand corrected lol)

[edit] oh, just thought - It also depends I think at what point you backed beta. I think there was a window between the end of the KickStarter and the new shop opening, early 2013 (?) and if you backed at beta within the window then you're also included in the KickStarter group. Simple yeah?

Last edited:
Actually they are generated deliberately based on the system and its state, but we can do more with them.

Michael

Here is a sad and recent, as in just an hour ago, story about your USS missions and how fun they are.

I picked up a "destroy pirates in LFT 962" mission from Shinrarta Dezra. Jump into LFT 962 and play slow motion whack a mole with USS's for 2 hours. No pirates. Found probably 80 tons worth of "military plans" and "rare artwork" and squeaky clean ships just hanging around doing nothing. No comms from any of them. So since the mission timer was running out and I still needed all of the pirate kills, I cruise to the nav beacon and commense to kill pirates. Yippee, got all I needed just in time. Plot a jump back to Shinzara Dezra and an Asp drops out of supercruise right into my windshield. Oh well, can happen to anyone I guess. Pay my insurance fee, turn in the mission to minimize my losses. Pick up a mission to find "rare artifacts" in LFT 962.
Jump to LFT 962. No artifacts, but I get swarms of pirates :/
Luckily found 1 rare artifact as I was about to call it quits for the night.

Thanks Andy,

I am a beta backer and got the Mercinary pack too. I do have access to the founders world but have not used the discount yet. Maybe I should contact support to block me?

I am so pleased the founders get this. They deserve every perk they get

Thanks Andy,

I am a beta backer and got the Mercinary pack too. I do have access to the founders world but have not used the discount yet. Maybe I should contact support to block me?

I am so pleased the founders get this. They deserve every perk they get

If you're a beta backer and got the permit, then I assume you're included in the KickStarter beta group. (if you backed 2012, early 2013?)
And if not... well... keep it to yourself LOL :D
There are accounts from gamma that gained Founders World permits by accident. Be warned there are reports that they lose it if they reset their game.

Equipment is discounted at 10% at FW so it's worth the trip if you want to deck out with class A equipment. (150k saving) Otherwise, the lower grade the equipment you need, the less the advantage travelling there. (and commodity prices locally are not so great due to the extra activity there)

If you do visit soon, beware ships. They seem to be discounted at 10% but anecdotal reports are that you still get charged full price - and potentially worse, when selling it's been reported that you only get back the 90% value. (so you lose 10% ... not sure if this is correct as I've < 3m cr as so far have just been upgrading my Cobra)
MB suggested earlier that perhaps this ship discount isn't supposed to be there anyway, so it's perhaps safer just to buy ships elsewhere for now.

Last edited:
Very kind of you to take the time! I joined around 10 weeks ago so I should not have a permit :(

I don't want it if I should not have it. This is for the founders and I will respect that.

Good stuff :)

If you're a beta backer and got the permit, then I assume you're included in the KickStarter beta group. (if you backed 2012, early 2013?)
And if not... well... keep it to yourself LOL :D
There are accounts from gamma that gained Founders World permits by accident. Be warned there are reports that they lose it if they reset their game.

Equipment is discounted at 10% at FW so it's worth the trip if you want to deck out with class A equipment. (150k saving) Otherwise, the lower grade the equipment you need, the less the advantage travelling there. (and commodity prices locally are not so great due to the extra activity there)

If you do visit soon, beware ships. They seem to be discounted at 10% but anecdotal reports are that you still get charged full price - and potentially worse, when selling it's been reported that you only get back the 90% value. (so you lose 10% ... not sure if this is correct as I've < 3m cr as so far have just been upgrading my Cobra)
MB suggested earlier that perhaps this ship discount isn't supposed to be there anyway, so it's perhaps safer just to buy ships elsewhere for now.

Can definitely confirm the 10% discount listed on ships is false. Sold a normal T9 for a supposedly cheaper Founder world T9 (thinking the discount would cover the loss on the sale and less insurance long term with a cheaper hull). Charged full price and ship is valued at the false buy value. Does save on insurance, but have calculated I'd have to die hundred's of times to realise any savings on the amount lost by this mistake. C'est la vie, live and learn. Expect it'll be fixed sometime.

What has happened to the Founders World decal? I do not see this is my options to select on my ship......?

The Founders World itself already provides discount benefits and Founders themselves are exempt from the bulk sale fee. We do plan additional benefits in cost savings for Founders members in the future once we have support for account based rather than commander based benefits.
To summarise in other words, "Thanks for the £50 extra, here's a tiny benefit for a tax that no-one is aware about that we did not document in any way in any public location, we might do some other stuff in the future."

Mmm, nice. That was well worthwhile the increase in KS pledge to become a Founding Member of the Elite.

-- Pete.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: G.T
I think my reply in the other thread may have been missed - it got very busy in there - so to clarify:

They should be working correctly.

Michael

This isn't fixed. I tried it last night, a couple of hours after the post, and ended up losing creds for naively taking this as gospel.

I believe the discount was supposed to be just for the outfitting. The benefit for the ships was that there is a good selection.

Michael

That's fine if that's the way it is, but there's still a bug that exists. A bug that probably has dozens of tickets logged against it in one way or another. The prices are wrong. I'll try and explain as clearly as possible:

If you have less than the on screen price of a ship at Jameson Memorial - pop up to say you have insufficient creds
If you have more than the actual (full) price of the ship (The price it would be at any other station) - you see the discounted price, but pay the full price
If you have between the on screen price and the full price of the ship - you get a confirm dialogue, get taken back to station main screen, but are in your old ship - no error message, no funds lost.

Now the killer in this is we all know you don't buy a ship when you have the creds. You need to save a float for essential day 1 upgrades, insurance, and trading capital. Being unexpectedly left with 20K credits when you should have a couple of Mil is nasty. Especially when responses to a tickets take weeks (Maybe month's mine still hasn't had a response).

To summarise in other words, "Thanks for the £50 extra, here's a tiny benefit for a tax that no-one is aware about that we did not document in any way in any public location, we might do some other stuff in the future."

Mmm, nice. That was well worthwhile the increase in KS pledge to become a Founding Member of the Elite.

-- Pete.

Yea, not sure the quid quo pro has really happened here. Founding Member of the £50 Poorer Gullible Backers.

Yet.

Last edited:

Michael Brookes

Game Director
I think my reply in the other thread may have been missed - it got very busy in there - so to clarify:

This isn't fixed. I tried it last night, a couple of hours after the post, and ended up losing creds for naively taking this as gospel.

That's fine if that's the way it is, but there's still a bug that exists. A bug that probably has dozens of tickets logged against it in one way or another. The prices are wrong. I'll try and explain as clearly as possible:

If you have less than the on screen price of a ship at Jameson Memorial - pop up to say you have insufficient creds
If you have more than the actual (full) price of the ship (The price it would be at any other station) - you see the discounted price, but pay the full price
If you have between the on screen price and the full price of the ship - you get a confirm dialogue, get taken back to station main screen, but are in your old ship - no error message, no funds lost.

Now the killer in this is we all know you don't buy a ship when you have the creds. You need to save a float for essential day 1 upgrades, insurance, and trading capital. Being unexpectedly left with 20K credits when you should have a couple of Mil is nasty. Especially when responses to a tickets take weeks (Maybe month's mine still hasn't had a response).

Raise a ticket for it and we'll take a look.

Michael

Top Bottom