ANNOUNCEMENT Free Update 1.8 Coming 18 June!

Was kinda hoping this (and the DLC) would have been released early for the weekend, but at least it's only two days away.

Hi everyone,

We're very excited to announce another new update is coming to Jurassic World Evolution on 18 June!

The free 1.8 update will bring a whole range of features to the game that have been widely requested by the Jurassic World Evolution community. If you caught our recent Feature Focus posts over the past two weeks, you'll know a lot of the main features already, such as: terrain brushes, scenery items, refined care for spinosaurids and gyrosphere improvements. Here's a quick breakdown of the Feature focus articles:

Terrain and Scenery Items
It's time to get creative with brand-new terrain and scenery items. Place new rocks, trees and shrubs in your dinosaur habitats or change their terrain from grass to dirt or sand on some islands! Read more about it right here.

Spinosaurid Care
Spinosaurids are receiving some refinement for their care with the addition of a wetland need to represent their swamp and coastal environments, as well as new fish feeders! They'll prefer to eat fish over standard meat or goats, so do add these into their homes to ensure they're content in their environment. Read more about it here.

Gyrosphere Improvements
Players have often told us they'd like to be able to build gyrosphere tracks to have one big tour of their park. We've made some changes to allow gyrospheres to pass through enclosure fences by adding automatic gates, so now you can wow your guests with a park wide tour of all of your exhibits! Read more about it here.

These features will be coming along with a number of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks to certain areas of the game like Monorails, dinosaurs, buildings and more, as well as some super exciting paid content which we'll be talking about separately soon.

We'll have more information available when the update goes live on 18 June, but in the meantime tune into our weekly livestreams on www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments to have some fun, make some new like-minded friends, and chat about all things Jurassic World Evolution!

And Xbox one America(For Now...)
Apparently not 42 minutes after they said it would be released. Maybe if the post said in the afternoon or something I wouldn't be so very greatly annoyed. Aren't midnight releases for new DLCs a thing, especially when you actually hype it up with trailers and things?

Hi Frontier,

Any ETA for dropping the update and DLC? I’m in Sydney, so not many hours of the day left...

Hi Frontier,

Any ETA for dropping the update and DLC? I’m in Sydney, so not many hours of the day left...

Mmm yes... I'm in Victoria and I actually was able to purchase and 'install' the dlc (2am this morning on ps4 e.e), yet there was no update or anything at all. It's 7:30pm now and still nothin. Wouldn't be so bad if there was a delay notification at the very least. I somehow get the feeling it won't drop until tomorrow morning at some ungodly hour.

Finally tried the new random digsites in challenge mode. Simply the best. I love that it encourages me to use dinosaurs that I'd never use normally. Adding in the terrain tools, and my exhibits are looking amazing. This is a fun and exciting way to refresh Jurassic Challenge mode. Thanks Frontier

Top Bottom