Frequent glitches

O7,

Since yesterday I get those weird glitches, As an overlay-ish something else (image) flashes in and out, this every 10 seconds.
I use an Oculus Rift.
I know my VR ain't the best but the glitches do not appear in other games.
Can an experienced VR user help me out with settings etc?
But that it only happens in Elite ....

Cables checked.
Everything is using USB 3.0
Do other games have the same high graphics demand?
Hard to say, but all my graphical settings are now turned down and still no luck with getting a glitch free view.
While I also play NMS and Microsoft Flight Simulator and there I have no issues .

O7,

Since yesterday I get those weird glitches, As an overlay-ish something else (image) flashes in and out, this every 10 seconds.
I use an Oculus Rift.
Are you playing Legacy or Odyssey/Horizons? Legacy is a lighter, more stable load for VR.

Well then you now what to try. :)
That's not really helpful. It's like telling someone who has issues with his electric car that combustion engines are better anyway. Stop recommending Legacy at any opportunity, it's a dead end.

O7,

I use an Oculus Rift.
A few more details would be helpful. Oculus Rift as in CV1? Graphics card? CPU? Did you change anything, like update drivers? Do you get the glitches in both eyes, or only one? It might be helpful if you could capture that issue on video.

It's not really uncommon that only one game gives issues while others run fine. I've had frequent crashes in Cyberpunk, and only in Cyberpunk and no other games, because it didn't like my GPU's undervolting setting.

That's not really helpful. It's like telling someone who has issues with his electric car that combustion engines are better anyway. Stop recommending Legacy at any opportunity, it's a dead end...
It's just a game, Helmut. If Legacy works better for VR, which it usually does, then I will of course recommend it. At least as a fault finding tool. :) It's not hard to load up Legacy and see if the problem persists.

ok, so before this is going to end up in a fight, I have found the issue. At some point I couldn't even start the game anymore. So it was a combination of bad files and steamvr being in conflict with oculus link. So the rapid glitching is gone for good (I hope). Now I just have the regular stuff going on like flickering shadows etc like I guess everyone else.

Top Bottom