Frontier Development's #1 IP are park management sims, not spaceship sims .... change my mind

For clarity "IP" means "Intellectual Property". I know you knew that, but I say it just in case someone doesn't.

So, Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3, Thrillville, Coaster Crazy, Zoo Tycoon, Screamride, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution 1 & 2, Planet Zoo versus Frontier Elite II, Frontier First Encounters and Elite Dangerous. It seems to me Frontier are more experienced and more profitable with park management sims, than spaceship sims.

I want to be wrong, change my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
For clarity "IP" means intellectual property". I know you knew that, but I say it just in case someone doesn't.

So, Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3, Thrillville, Coaster Crazy, Zoo Tycoon, Screamride, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution 1 & 2, Planet Zoo versus Frontier Elite II, Frontier First Encounters and Elite Dangerous. It seems to me Frontier are more experienced and more profitable with park management sims, than spaceship sims.

RCT2 is a fantastic game, so is FEII so it's 50/50 in my book.

For clarity "IP" means intellectual property". I know you knew that, but I say it just in case someone doesn't.

Elite was first
However, i'd say the combined sales for Park Management Sims vastly outclass the sales for Elite

Last edited:
I am not sure anyone is really going to argue with you. As I have said before, at FX17 the Chief Creative Officer mocked Braben as "the only one that likes space" and their output reflects that.

If you look at the steam stats, which I do and sorta apply it abroad, you'll see Elite, even with probably the worst release ever, is top of the Frontier games. But Im not actually sure that is the same on other platforms. But I cant wait till there are zoos and coaster parks on planets.

If you look at the steam stats, which I do and sorta apply it abroad, you'll see Elite, even with probably the worst release ever, is top of the Frontier games. But Im not actually sure that is the same on other platforms. But I cant wait till there are zoos and coaster parks on planets.
Steam stats are going to be very indicative of PC player trends. They are not the be all end all of course, but only people that have no clue how statistics work discount the numbers as meaningless. The info that we don't know, and that likely matters far more to Fdev management, is how much do their park sims players spend for in game "stuff" compared to Elite? I only know how much I have spent and where. I don't consider my singular point of reference a good indicator.

Fdev certainly does seem to pay better attention to the wants of their park sims players than their Elite players. Though that may just be how it looks to me due to how little Odyssey had in it that I wanted or was interested in, and how unfinished it was at launch. At least, with the way it's going, a couple more months and it will be at what most would consider an actual release candidate state. So even if it is not my cup of tea, it will no longer be an embarrassment.

For clarity "IP" means "Intellectual Property". I know you knew that, but I say it just in case someone doesn't.

Add F1 Manager to the list of Management sims by Frontier. Looking forward to May 2022 (Original release date), if not coz of the date push back caused by covid,the first quarter of FD's 2022 fiscal year(June to August of 2022).

Top Bottom