Frontier Elite 2 System Map

How do I find a specific system
in "Frontier Elite 2"
(Inphigre) and (Ackmiio).
I put mining machinery on planets there, in 1991, but still 30 years later, I can't find the systems.
Anyone got any ideas?

IIRC there's no search function if FE2.
If you didn't write up sector coordinates, you might be in for a long search...

I did write it down originally, but I think it got lost hyperspace. No seriously the ink faded on my sheet of coordinator, which is dammed annoying. I had systems to jump to literally all over the galaxy.
Thanks for the quick response.

There are some third-party map programs on my website, which you can download from here and then Alt-TAB between them and the game.

Inphigre is at (8,-11). Ackmiio is at (56,-62) :)
Wow, so they are! (y)

Attachments

• fe2_Ackmiio.jpg
    fe2_Ackmiio.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 194
  • fe2_Inphigre.jpg
    fe2_Inphigre.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 196
Ok, sorry to ask again. But are there any other systems with these names? Inphigre 8-11 has no planets and Ackmiio 1 at 56-62 is a toxic world with corrosive atmosphere.
I did see a post somewhere saying some names are duplicated.

Uuumm? Very good question.
Last night I visited 20 Ackmiio's and 18 Inphigre's, none had my mining machinery.
How it happened was. I emptied a Tiger traider including the engine and fitted an interplanetary drive and escape capsule plus 10 mining machine's. I flew out to the outer edge of Sol and ejected. Upon landing back at Mars High I was given a Cobra Mk3. Now look in my my itinerary and low and behold I still have 10 mining machine's, so I flew off and discarded them on some distant planet, never to be seen again. I then fitted the largest engine I could and there you go Sol to Achenar in 2 jumps of 1 ton Hyd/fuel.
I have visited systems with space station's all over the Galaxy Including the dead center with some amazing finds, and I did write them all down.
Last month I decided to get my Amiga back out, went off to storage and retrieved my large box of games, then bought and fitted ROM upgrade and flash card drive, all running nicely to find floppy drive not working, so fitted my Daisey chain of external floppies and reloaded all my game as hard drive was dead. On opening Frontier Elite 2 I found my sheet of coordinates but with no ink on it. I'm trying different way of scanning it, next is a light rub with a pencil 😱.
Sorry for the essay.

I'm not sure if you're still around or still looking for these systems, but just for the record there are 15,679 systems called Ackmiio and 15,686 called Inphigre. So... that would be a lot of searching, especially as though it sounds like you were using the wormhole bug and therefore they could have been anywhere in the galaxy.

Do you have anything else to help narrow it down? I believe the mining machine page should show you the name of the planet in the system that the machine is on. That could help narrow it down a bit, especially if it's something complicated like "Ackmiio C4e" or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom