News Frontier Expo: October 7, 2017!

Greetings Commanders!

Time to fly your ships over and join us for our first ever Frontier Expo!

On Saturday, October 7, 2017 at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, we are hosting our biggest community event yet! If you want to find out more about the future of Elite Dangerous, our other games, the Frontier studio, and other exciting announcements, this will be the place to be this year!

We will have loads of Frontier developers you can talk to, special industry guests and experts on several panels, demo stations with exciting activities, community events, and a massive party in the evening! For more information on what’s happening, you can keep your eyes on this page for news articles and teasers of the event.

Tickets are going on sale on Friday, July 28, 2017 at 12PM BST with an early bird discount running until Monday, July 31, 2017 – there’s limited availability on each ticket type, so make sure you grab yours as soon as possible! As you can see, there will be loads of goodies and special events going on for you to enjoy.

For any questions, please check our Frontier Expo FAQ, reach out via the forums, or contact our community team via community@frontier.co.uk!

Frontier Expo is for you, our amazing community, and we cannot wait to see you all there.

[heart]
Bo

Is this the same event mentioned by Zac in the 2.4 & Beyond thread?

From the site:

Streaming Booth
During the day we will be streaming several events to viewers at home. Aside from panels and talks at the Main and Second Stage, we have a dedicated streaming booth where you can watch our amazing content creators stream live from the Expo

Yes I missed that one - thanks :)

So looking forward to the outputs from this event.....only wish I could justify the expense of flying over from Australia. Any rich people want to fund me coming? Hmm, maybe I should start a Kickstarter to fund it.....

Why?

Not sure how to break it to you FD but you're not Blizzard. You're a long way from where they're at.
It's a fair bit of hubris to think you need your own expo.

I'm sure you'll get a fair few attendees as some of your fans are seriously dedicated (a bit too dedicated, If I worked at FD and was expected to mix with fans at this expo I'd expect danger pay).

At the very least we will (I assume) get some new info about the game. Shame it's still several months away, means no 2.4 for another 2 months at least and post 2.4 fixes are light years off.

I just did a sexwee, where does it say this ?

Someone was reading between the lions, and found a Panther.

Not sure how much ED detail we're really going to see at this event. Much of the 2.4 content is 'secret', the subsequent releases are core fixes/changes that I'd imagine will evolve over time. It could be a long way off before we see any if the big, headline features we want (visiting atmospheric planets & gas giants, exploring our ships, EVA, and surface first-person gameplay etc..etc..)

Why?

Not sure how to break it to you FD but you're not Blizzard. You're a long way from where they're at.
It's a fair bit of hubris to think you need your own expo.

I'm sure you'll get a fair few attendees as some of your fans are seriously dedicated (a bit too dedicated, If I worked at FD and was expected to mix with fans at this expo I'd expect danger pay).

At the very least we will (I assume) get some new info about the game. Shame it's still several months away, means no 2.4 for another 2 months at least and post 2.4 fixes are light years off.

LOL, you're the guy who said the same thing on facebook aren't you.

I just looked up "expo" in the dictionary. I'm at a loss to understand why Blizzard deserve "an organized presentation and display of a selection of items" and Frontier don't.

Don't know why you have to be such a downer on this really exciting news but I hope you decide to come along. If this has anything like the buzz and community spirit of the Lavecon events then it's going to be absolutely brilliant and I'm fairly confident that you'd come away from it with a very different opinion of Frontier and what they're about.

Top Bottom