Frontier Talks About More DLC For Jurassic World Evolution 2 | DLC News

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGa0e7i74vE

A video posted by EVO today. New JWE2 DLC confirmed by Frontier! Frontier has released a new financial report which gives us insight into the company's plans for Jurassic World Evolution 2 in the coming year. What could the future of Jurassic World Evolution 2 look like?
It’s no surprise, but it at least says there’s more coming. Frontier publishes annual reports every September on their website under “Investors”, if you’re interested to read what they published before. It’s a site I’ve been going to for information for over three years.

I know what some of the concerns are said in her video, but nobody who talks about it anywhere on social media, not even Evo Square, know why it happened when it did, unless they go look at that Newsweek article I’ve been bringing up for a while here.
As well as looking deep into their publication history in their RNS, Annual and Interim reports on their website about when JWE2 was confirmed to be greenlit in March 06, 2019, and wouldn’t be confirmed to be JWE2 until the day after announcement.

Last edited:
The most interesting thing is the two Creative Management games. The interim report says the FY2025 one is their own IP, so not Evo 3 for that one (the March 2019 leak suggests Planet Coaster 2 anyway).

FY2026 could be a PZ2 or JWE3, though maybe something new at that point, either a movie tie in or original (How to Train your Dragon or James Bond might be interesting).

FY2026 could be a PZ2 or JWE3, though maybe something new at that point, either a movie tie in or original (How to Train your Dragon or James Bond might be interesting).
The FY26 game is still in early-scoping stages, so development hasn't started for it yet. For a game that is based on another IP owner's property, it needs that owner's greenlight to do so. Because of Frontier's style, I would speculate it would've been confirmed already without "hinting too much" in their choice of words in those reports, just like they did for both JWE games.

It is also worth noting that producers of Jurassic projects both directly confirmed and at the very least implied in several interviews between 2020 and 2022 Dominion and Camp Cretaceous were the only things definitively planned, and everything else (including Trevorrow's statements on Empire saying "there's more to come") are just their own thoughts. Nothing necessarily absolute or literal. Except maybe this Dreamworks Animated untitled Jurassic project that was brought up in a cast audition in mid-2022, with an equal amount of skepticism and belief I have of it happening, at least sooner than later.

Lastly, even if there is already another blockbuster movie coming to Jurassic as we speak, it doesn't necessarily equate to a new JWE game, let alone any form of Jurassic game, coming to coincide with it by Frontier or any one studio. Even if the latest game in the JWE line or the franchise in general was a major success, financially. In fact, I don't believe it to happen. And NO, not because of what I see a lot of people say all over social media, but because of how I see Frontier's style of how they approached both games and everything in and around them respectively in general and overall compared to all the hopes and dreams I’ve seen, I just don't ever believe it, and all the things those making wishes and hopes for it, will ever happen. There's no reason for me to believe it.

Last edited:
Turns out the report shared is actually just a financial report, and it was just shared in the same space as the interim and annual reports.

This is the actual annual report. It just happened to be released later in the month than typically, on the 28th.

The FY26 CSM game is now out of scoping stages and in actual development, and there is still more PDLCs planned for both Planet Zoo and Jurassic World Evolution 2 for this fiscal year (FY24). And I was right about one thing. Frontier includes “Expansions” in their “Packs” statement, as they said so when explicitly included the Dominion Malta Expansion (as well as implying the inclusion of the Dominion Biosyn Expansion) of FY23’s four packs. Then again, why should I be surprised? “Expansions” are a type of “pack”, as they’re also called “Expansion Packs” in the industry, and Frontier in past reports include their JWE game expansions as “PDLC packs”.

And hears what I just learned from an actual AAA industry dev, whom I eluded to, on their blog: Good or just enough sales are not an inherent or sole reason for the things I see people always saying. It’s also and more importantly, overall player engagement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom