Elite / Frontier [Frontier] Throw us a frikken bone here ;)

An open question to the staff / press officers of Frontier ;)

When are we likely to see or hear something, anything (doesn't have to be a major story, just has to be something from an official source) - about Elite IV?

Would also be useful if you can post us any links to any articles or interviews you have sanctioned in the industry press....:D

I wish....

Hi,

What i would like to see, is a little bit more participation of the Frontier developers in this forum or at some topics.

To show a little bit more interest, at what we write that way.

and what they are thinking over our contributions.

That´s all :D

Greetz

Ease up on the big fella, the mere fact that this forum now exists is a big statement. for years we have heard next to nothing, now we have an improved frontier site and a forum that we can join.

steady progress imho.

porl said:
Ease up on the big fella, the mere fact that this forum now exists is a big statement. for years we have heard next to nothing, now we have an improved frontier site and a forum that we can join.

steady progress imho.
:D I agree, the fact that we are here is a quantum leap from where we were several years ago. Although I would be grateful for some 'contact' from the staff/development, however I don't want to distract them too much from doing the task of making Elite IV for us all. :eek:

however I don't want to distract them too much from doing the task of making Elite IV for us all

If Frontier work on E4 at all. I really doubt about it. Since 10-years anniversary of E3.

ok... but...

posted by jefranklin18
That's actually a fan site from an (I think) Aussie guy, who had the user id of Devilfish or something similar.

He also used to create Frontier universe scenes with 3D Studio Max and Terragen, which were well received on AFE. He even managed to make a Panther Clipper look attractive

How reliably this information were ?
in particular the topic "whats new" ?

Greetz

Cyborg said:
posted by jefranklin18

How reliably this information were ?
in particular the topic "whats new" ?

the bit at the bottom of the page where its says and i quote "Contained within this site are the various conceptual ideas, designs, and work for the 4th installment in the ELITE series, ELITE IV:THE NEXT ENCOUNTER.
Please note that none of the contents within this site are actual. All models, images, plots etc. were conceived by me based on the original ELITE genre by David Braben. Hopefully, some of my ideas etc. contained within will reach David Braben, and may be incorporated into the actual game! Please note that some new additions may make current or older parts either redundant or impossible to program, so this really is my 'work-in-progress'! Drop me an email and tell me what you think, or if you have any ideas/concerns of your own. My entire reason to exist is help in the creation of any part of the ELITE legacy! - Andrew J. Hodges "

I've just played RCT3 again (Soaked) over the last weekend and I'm now guessing is it worth to buy the freak-show-addon I've seen in the store ??¿

ohhh I would,
if I get the Info longed for that ELITE is in the pipeline ... ohhhhhyes !! I would run for any title I'm missing from Frontier PROMISSED !

But .. I'll not support Frontier any longer without the initialpost-"bone" we're all hoping for ;)

simply Because..
it would be that easy to give us, the elite-Elite-HardcoreJunkies, the Info we need to have for our calm life ... all the rumours and guessing are our dreams but just no-fact !

The WEB-site turned back to the old one for a couple days, did anyone noticed that ?

cheers All
<<<1stBiker

Be careful 1stBiker, as unlikely as this may sound there is a very small possibility Mr Braben may not be willing to release any information on Elite IV until you personally buy that expansion pack.

Imagine the collective wrath of the entire Elite community turning on your good self! ;)

Linwig said:
Be careful 1stBiker, as unlikely as this may sound there is a very small possibility Mr Braben may not be willing to release any information on Elite IV until you personally buy that expansion pack.

Imagine the collective wrath of the entire Elite community turning on your good self! ;)

I know ... it was just a despairingly cry for this little "yes ... its coming". Of course David wont even read it and if, I'm just the drop of water on the hot stone .. not worth a word ..

But at the end its still the truth ! And I hope I'm speaking for many others with the same views. It is fact that I bought games to support the company (not only from Frontier) and I can imagine many others are living the same principle. If I'm right then its x-times the drop on the hot stone which finally could have an effect ;-)

but you're right it was a bit primitive :eek:

<<<1stBiker

That’s difficult…..

Ok let’s try a little bit more sensitively.

Here are some nice sorted questions to (for example Mr. Brookes… is very well informed what’s going on here, because he spends much of time here, and get my admiration for the forum maintenance….) ;)

1. Did the work on Elite IV have already begun?
2. If yes, when it began (if no, forget the rest ;) ) ?
3. Is or was there a discussion about Jump Gates being in or not being in the Game? y/n
4. If yes, what do you personally think about Jump Gates in Elite IV (if no, forget it)?
5. What do you personally think would (not will) differentiate Elite IV from other Space Sims like the X-Series for example or from the good old FFE?
6. Finally, what is the motivation for the dev team to produce a game title like Elite IV? How do they feel about working on it?

Thanks for your attention and thanks a lot for the answers!!

Respectable Greetz

Oh...then...

....welcome to the club of bone lovers... :D

and feel free to post your personally opineons about the topics, were discussed here.....dumdidum...;)

I am a bit confused about such a statement, but it isn´t really fair to draw you up with this...
perhaps you know one who knows one who is knowing a person wich knows any answer for any of the questions ??? :D :D

OKOKOOOOOK...
not serious...

Greetz

mbrookes said:
I'm afraid I cannot comment directly about Elite 4, except to say I'm looking forward to it as much as you guys are :).

Michael

Can you confirm whether its in development or not?

Top Bottom