IMPORTANT: Frontier’s Blind Auction for SpecialEffect!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone!

As promised, here’s more information regarding the Blind Charity Auction, a vital part of our annual 24 hour livestream for SpecialEffect! During the Auction (which starts right now!), you can bid on a host of cool items in the hopes of winning that prize. These bids are private, so you have to bid what you’d be willing to pay per item. The winners will then be contacted directly and asked to donate the winning amount on our official Just Giving page for SpecialEffect.

The Auction is open NOW (when this post goes live) and will end on December 7, 2017 – 12PM GMT! The highest bidders will be contacted by the Frontier Community Team directly via email, and they will be asked to donate to our Just Giving page.

How to make a bid:
Take a look at the auction prizes below. Once you see one of more items that you’d like to bid on, simply go to this Google Form and pick your prize from the dropdown list, add the information needed, and submit. If you want to bid on multiple items, you’ll need to submit multiple forms. This bidding starts RIGHT NOW and will end on December 7, 2017 at 12PM GMT – winners will then be contacted immediately and asked to send proof of donation.
(Terms and Conditions apply, please see the bottom of this post for details!)

Here’s what’s up for auction!

Dinner with the Developers – Come to Cambridge and dine with the developers behind your favourite FRONTIER games. We’re hosting an evening meal with several dev team members on Tuesday January 30, 2018 from 6PM GMT, and we’re looking for EIGHT lucky bidders to join us! All the food and drinks will be on us but you’ll need to make your own way to a location in central Cambridge; all travel and other expenses will be paid for by the winning bidders.

UynmYik.jpg

Custom Hand-Drawn Calligraphy – Community Manager Bo will create a custom order per your wishes; you can pick any quote and optional background image, or let her surprise you! We’ve got TWO of these frames on offer (black, white, or brown frame), and it will be unique and handmade.

dopBhkc.jpg

Signed Planet Coaster Vinyl – Listen to your favourite soundtrack on the most beautiful blue and pink vinyl! And this copy is extra special, since it’s signed by all your favourite Frontier developers.

OzLa1ls.jpg

Planet Coaster Cushion Set – We’ve got a new, unique set of Planet Coaster cushions, and they’re super comfortable! This is available for bids as a set of three only!

Special Planet Coaster Hoodie (designed by Lead Artist Sam Denney) – SpoilerSam has been hard at work and has created a unique design for a hoodie that will never go live on our Frontier Merch store! You’d be the only person in the world wearing it! Place your bid and the winning bidder will be able to pick one out of three options for custom design.

Your Voice in Planet Coaster – Have you always wanted to be an amazing PlanCo character? Now’s your chance! The highest bidder will receive a voice recording session with our Audio Masters and you can make your mark in the PlanCo universe. Please note that the Frontier Development team will have final say about how your voice will be used in-game, and you have to make your own way to our Cambridge office (but we will treat you to a tour and a lunch).

Name a Station – Make your mark in Elite, name a Station in the game! All entries will be reviewed and require approval from the Frontier Development team; location with be decided by the dev team.

Name a Planet – Make your mark in Elite, name a planet in the game! All entries will be reviewed and require approval from the Frontier Development team; location with be decided by the dev team.

Name a System – Make your mark in Elite, name a System in the game! All entries will be reviewed and require approval from the Frontier Development team; location with be decided by the dev team.

Name a MegaShip Class – Make your mark in Elite, name a MegaShip Class in the game! All entries will be reviewed and require approval from the Frontier Development team; location with be decided by the dev team.

Name a Dockable MegaShip – Make your mark in Elite, name a Dockable MegaShip in the game! All entries will be reviewed and require approval from the Frontier Development team; location with be decided by the dev team.

2t2Y7XV.jpg

Unique T9 “Space Cow” Paintjob – Cosmic Cow has approved of this one – your T9 will look stunning! This is one-of-a-kind and will be sent to your account after the event.

7E1e1bh.jpg

The DB1000 – A chrome David Braben bobblehead, happily accompanying you on your journeys through space. One-of-a-kind and will be sent to your account after the event.

32BV1ft.jpg

Unique Anaconda “Gold and Chrome” Paintjob
– Gold and chrome have always been your best colours; dress up your Anaconda in this unique jacket and fly in style. This is one-of-a-kind and will be sent to your account after the event.

Place your bids here: https://goo.gl/forms/DVFeaH5DT9WPcNN53

Terms and Conditions

- The auction will end on December 7, 2017 at 12PM GMT.
- Bids are only accepted if made directly through this Google Form.
- Winners will be contacted shortly after and will be required to reply within 48 hours.
- If deemed required by Frontier Developments we will move on to the next eligible bid, should the person fail to respond.
- Payments should be made the Just Giving page before the event on December 11, 2017.
- Frontier reserve the right to edit or replace any auction prizes with an alternative prize of equal or greater value should any of them become unavailable
- Frontier can re-arrange the “Dinner with the Developers” evening as required by giving a minimum of 48 hours’ notice.
- Your contact details are handled with utmost respect by the Community and Purchasing team only, and prizes will be dispatched after proof of payment has been received and at our discretion (i.e. Christmas holidays).

Love that you guys are honoring SpecialEffect a member of the PC community. It’s nice to see humanity well and present in the world. :)

[heart] this

I've made my bid -- can't afford a lot this year (babies are expensive, who knew?) but in the highly likely eventuality that I don't win I'll be donating it to the cause anyway.

Being one of the lucky winners from last year, I can honestly say that the dinner with the devs is well worth the donation and that SpecialEffect is an amazing charity doing wonderful things. :)

I've made my bids!

Regardless of who wins, I'm so glad Frontier are doing this, and I'm proud of our community for getting behind Frontier and Special Effect [big grin]

Donation already made by me, but happy to make more for a great cause [up]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Wow, that’s a wonderful selection of lovely items!

It’s a great thing that all the winning bids will be for an amazing charity; SpecialEffect is doing incredible work to let people with disabilities play games that they wouldn’t be able to play without them! <3

I made a bid :) although i doubt its a very good one, being unemployed is quite financially challenging, to put it lightly.

Such great memories of the dinner with the devs last year, my signed photo is framed proudly in my room!
I'm going to be making a donation this year hopefully, what an absolutely amazing cause!

wow

Really great to see you supporting this charity. Without them I would not be able to type this message or play your great games. I hope you know how much this means to people like myself that you are helping to raise funds. [cool][big grin][cool][big grin][cool]

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Such great memories of the dinner with the devs last year, my signed photo is framed proudly in my room!
I'm going to be making a donation this year hopefully, what an absolutely amazing cause!

Thanks for caring [big grin]

It's an amazing cause - definitely worth every penny. If you have a chance you must donate - let's help Frontier smash their targets!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
The Auction is now closed and the highest bidders have been contacted. If you haven't received an email at this point, that means you weren't the highest bidder. If someone ahead of you doesn't respond within 48 hours, we will contact the second highest bidders.

Thank you <3

The Auction is now closed and the highest bidders have been contacted. If you haven't received an email at this point, that means you weren't the highest bidder. If someone ahead of you doesn't respond within 48 hours, we will contact the second highest bidders.

Thank you <3

Ah well, it was not meant to be this year! What a shame, I'll make sure to still make a donation to the page in time for the livesteam [happy]

Congratulations to all the winners, and good luck on the livesteam all at Frontier! [heart]

Last edited:
Ah well, it was not meant to be this year! What a shame, I'll make sure to still make a donation to the page in time for the livesteam [happy]

Congratulations to all the winners, and good luck on the livesteam all at Frontier! [heart]
Same here, but that's a great thing -- it means lots more money for SpecialEffect! :)

Well... my bid didn’t make it either... it was not to be. Nonetheless I will be watching the stream nearly the whole duration :)
And of course I’ll donate this year again :)

Bit of an update - I heard back on Saturday and now it appears as if I've somehow managed to snag the Voice in the Game prize [big grin] I will keep you posted on what it's like - I cannot wait!

Top Bottom