Newcomer / Intro frustation and questions

Can someone tell me, why we can't see a % for our reputation with major/smaller faction? And at the same time, telling us what % a mission or action give or remove?

Been unfriendly since forever with the Fed, and can seem to be able to get back to neutral.

In a week, i can do for 500k bounty for the fed, 5-10 "reputation" mission for local fed faction, and a good 30-40 normal mission for them too.
But at same time, i can get 4-5 bounty because of frendly fire ....

ohhh and one last thing.... grinding USS for 1 hours at 30km/s trying to kill 5 pirate in a system without NAV or RES, and finally only seeing 3 USS in that hour... 1 empty, 1 with toxic cargo and 1 with 6 clean NPC.... that.... it's just bad design.

Why would you want to get from frienly to neutral, friendly has more advantages than neutral.

The USS is indeed bad sometimes, I had the same issue this week, went to a system without NAV beacon to kill some pirates and never found a usefull USS, finally gave up and took the reputation hit.

I want to get from unfriendly to neutral.

As for the USS... i got 2 exacte same quest... kill 5 pirates but in differents system.

First system, got 5 of them after 4th USS and took 10min at all
Seconde system, got 0 of them after 3 USS and took 1h.... not sure if i took reputation hit... it was a quest for Fed Rank i think

Why would you want to get from frienly to neutral, friendly has more advantages than neutral.

The USS is indeed bad sometimes, I had the same issue this week, went to a system without NAV beacon to kill some pirates and never found a usefull USS, finally gave up and took the reputation hit.

To farm USS spots, move at minimum speed in supercruise. They pop up far more frequently at low speeds than they do above the speed of light (c).

Personally, I think the reputation system still needs some tweaking.
I've been working for a while now on my alliance reputation. Took a little while to get to friendly, but still haven't reached allied. Then all of a sudden the other day, my reputation with the feds changed to friendly. huh? I haven't done any missions for the feds since the first week since release, and the only thing I've done for them recently was turn in about 50K worth of bounties that I got while hunting in an anarchy system.

I agree with the OP, a little more transparency would be nice.

I want to get from unfriendly to neutral.

As for the USS... i got 2 exacte same quest... kill 5 pirates but in differents system.

First system, got 5 of them after 4th USS and took 10min at all
Seconde system, got 0 of them after 3 USS and took 1h.... not sure if i took reputation hit... it was a quest for Fed Rank i think

Oh sorry misread your comment, unfriendly explains a lot, I have the exact problem, I got caught smuggling something and they are unfriendly ever since.

Personally, I think the reputation system still needs some tweaking.
I've been working for a while now on my alliance reputation. Took a little while to get to friendly, but still haven't reached allied. Then all of a sudden the other day, my reputation with the feds changed to friendly. huh? I haven't done any missions for the feds since the first week since release, and the only thing I've done for them recently was turn in about 50K worth of bounties that I got while hunting in an anarchy system.

I agree with the OP, a little more transparency would be nice.

Missions aren't the only way to increase your standings. Trading at the faction's stations, bounty hunting, and selling exploration data also raise it.

Top Bottom