FSS Geo Highly Likely Never Completes Scan Unless You Remain Focused On The body

why do you scan each ? ...

Because there are there! That's all that needs to be said on that subject. I don't really thinks it's up to us to critiice how other CMDR's explore.

Besides there are billions of unscanned planets, why are you complaining about a pilot scanning what he wants?

Because there are there! That's all that needs to be said on that subject. I don't really thinks it's up to us to critiice how other CMDR's explore.

Besides there are billions of unscanned planets, why are you complaining about a pilot scanning what he wants?
Well, i don't compline in general ... but some bright points, for example some nebula far-far away...when u come there, it has 3-4 stars inside ... all are 100% scanned & close scanned by single person. Happens often, i.e. he / she made sure nobody will put his name there any more. That is what I dislike and never do. Or even worse. Star mapped by 1 CMDR, and all planets inside are locked by 2nd CMDR. So that 2nd wasn't 1st but he still made sure nobody else can put a name.

I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else.

This morning is the first time since the Tuesday update and patch and that I jumped into a new system that I had not previously scanned with the FSS.

Now any body that I scan that has geo sites the scan will not complete unless I stay focused on the body. I checked this in three different systems and the results were the same. If I start a scan and it shows the message about geo highly likely (or whatever words it uses) and I move on to the next body when I come back to the geo highly likely body the FSS is still resolving the scan even minutes later. From the results I get the scan will not complete unless I stay focused on the body.

So now this great improvement makes it take even longer. This is certainly the results that I got this morning.
That makes perfect sense to me, and I don't mind having to remain on it. If you looked at a stack of cans for a second, then looked away, you wouldn't know how many there were either - you'd have to evaluate the stack. So, to me at least, its no big deal to remain focused, although I imagine for younger players who demand everything happens instantly these days, it could pose a problem. My advice is to just chill, and like me, you may still have a full head of hair at 60.

Well, i don't compline in general ... but some bright points, for example some nebula far-far away...when u come there, it has 3-4 stars inside ... all are 100% scanned & close scanned by single person.

Because you can see them from a long way away!

Anything that stands out in the galaxy will have been visited and scanned by multiple players, expect most of those to have all the planets stepped on pretty soon after the release of Odyssey.

That makes perfect sense to me, and I don't mind having to remain on it. If you looked at a stack of cans for a second, then looked away, you wouldn't know how many there were either - you'd have to evaluate the stack. So, to me at least, its no big deal to remain focused, although I imagine for younger players who demand everything happens instantly these days, it could pose a problem. My advice is to just chill, and like me, you may still have a full head of hair at 60.
looks like you remained focussed for 16 month :p

This is what I do. I still don't really get why people spend so long looking at the FSS screen waiting for scans to resolve when you can just tag everything in a few seconds and move on, then look at the system map, which honestly is far easier and better presented to see all the data. And the volcanism tells you if there's going to be geo sites there already, so do you really need to sit there and wait for a number of sites to pop up at all? If you care about geo sites, you can already see what kind of volcanism is there, so just fly over, DSS the planet and land. Waiting for the specific number of sites to appear on the FSS seems like a complete waste of anyone's time, especially if you're on a long expedition and are doing this thousands of times per day.
So, really, we're back to the same routine we had in the ADS era, but with the FSS injected into the process....

Top Bottom