Buildings & Attractions General Gameplay Full ride along mode.

Two things:
1. Could we have it so we can ride indefinitely on the gryosphrere without getting kicked out once it returns back to the station. My ideal park is one with every species at minimum population just doing their thing and I'm just enjoying the scenery/atmosphere/sounds without having to do anything. It'd be a cool way to just have the game playing in the background for my little cousins and myself to just watch as the sphere passes by for as long as they can sit there.

2. Having control over food and water requirements. Being able to toggle those on and off would be great to help make it as hands off and visually more appealing since you don't have the feeders messing up the natural scenery. Plus it'll allow the dinos to move more freely since they won't be as tethered to where those resources are.

I have a track on Isla Sorna that runs around the whole island but without physically moving the dinos myself, they mostly congregate in the first open area with food/water. Only when food runs out do they venture more out to the rest of the park. And even then, some might starve if they get there too late, requiring me to get hands on again instead of sitting back and enjoying the show.

I guess a third thing to add would be allow the game to run indefinitely without the screen timing out. Could just setting. I'm unsure how doable that is since it could be the actual xbox that restrict idle time without controller input.

Anyway, hopefully the two main ones are available with the next update and am looking forward to the new stuff with the release of the new movie.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey Daumanator! Thank you for the suggestions :)

If you're playing Sandbox Mode you can turn off dinosaur needs so they basically live forever and don't need to be taken care all that much. It's a creative mode, letting you enjoy the building parts of the game instead of needing to attend to their every need.

I'm unsure how doable that is since it could be the actual xbox that restrict idle time without controller input.
I think this might be something you can turn off in the console options, but I'm not entirely sure about that. It's been a while since I've owned an Xbox.

I guess a third thing to add would be allow the game to run indefinitely without the screen timing out. Could just setting. I'm unsure how doable that is since it could be the actual xbox that restrict idle time without controller input.
Yeah, looking at a tutorial, the max you can set it to looks to be 60 mins in Settings -> Preferences -> Idle options.

Hey Daumanator! Thank you for the suggestions :)

If you're playing Sandbox Mode you can turn off dinosaur needs so they basically live forever and don't need to be taken care all that much. It's a creative mode, letting you enjoy the building parts of the game instead of needing to attend to their every need.

While we can turn off social and environmental requirements, we aren't currently able to turn off food or water requirements. They will starve to death unless they have those resources. Just watched one die to double check that was the case, even when life span is set to unlimited. Just think it would add to a more hands off experience to allow for a more immersive experience with minimal buildings or AI tethering to certain areas.

Top Bottom