Future DLC Scenery/Theme Packs

I've been playing this game on and off, and just noticed that they added the "TMT," for customer scenery, which has left me wondering if that means that we won't be receiving any more scenery dlc... The TMT items are nice, but they seem out of place...Kind of like how the animatronics in the Studios Pack don't mesh well with the ones that came before them. New art director?

Has there been any mention of it? Will we get more packs or is this it?

I was always hoping for a (official) "Prehistoric Pack."

I'm hoping that, while they might focus on rides in future dlc, that they'll continue adding scenery elements too, especially things to fill out sets they've already put out so the textures and styling match.

Some of the TMT objects released are actually gorgeous, and yes, like in RCT3 some of them don't match the base game as well, but that's okay, it's personal preference anyways.

Unfortunately with the current problems with TMT in the game I've deleted them all. I feel really bad for the creators because I know how much work they've put into these. Hopefully the kinks will get worked out with the TMT system, there's some great items I'd love to add back!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Happy holidays! Glad you are enjoying the game.

We currently don't have any news on future Packs, and we've only just launched the Magnificent Rides Collection right before the holidays.

If you're having problems with the Toolkit, please do report them to us via the bug forums (if they are bugs) - for everything else, please know that in the new year we will continue to look at the Toolkit and its experience, so your feedback on how it's working is very valuable.

We currently don't have any news on future Packs, and we've only just launched the Magnificent Rides Collection right before the holidays.

If you're having problems with the Toolkit, please do report them to us via the bug forums (if they are bugs) - for everything else, please know that in the new year we will continue to look at the Toolkit and its experience, so your feedback on how it's working is very valuable.

Thanks for the info.

I just wish any future packs or updates will focus solely on improving the gameplay and bugs, QoL stuff, dx12 support etc. Instead of just adding new content. But i'm afraid that's never going to happen.

I just never understood why so little effort was put into these things the last 2 years. I had such high hopes for this game and it has all the potential to be awesome...

Replying on Xmas day, impressive [up]

@ OP, they don't tend to announce their future plans in advance so as always it's a case of wait and see. TMT's only been out a month or so and can see that being improved throughout 2019 & for reference some have already started to create Jurassic related scenery:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198199306181/myworkshopfiles/?appid=493340

Next year I can see at least a couple more DLC ride packs coming with free bug updates (these will always be worked on regardless of any new content) but as mentioned previously QOL-only updates just aren't going to happen. It's a business after all, they need to fund the future development somehow and they can't/won't charge for non-content updates.

I know about those.
It's primarily why I created this thread.
Usually games stop releasing DLC one/two or so years after release, because of declining interest/low returns/etc, and the TMT seems like the end- Like a, "we won't be making any more scenery packs, so here are the tools needed to create your own."
Just saying I would've loved some new humanoids/cave-men/etc. with a similar art style to those before the Studios Pack......ugh...Studios Pack ones are impossible to combine with the others.
[ugh][cry][downcast][cry][ugh]
animatronic.jpg

Attachments

• animatronic.jpg
    animatronic.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 125
It’s a guessing game as to what’s next. Their crystal ball can’t see the future for us, but in their minds they probably have an idea what they want to do next year. But we won’t know anything about even just the next DLC until probably spring.

My last post didn't come up.
But I worry that the "TMT" is the devs way of say, "we're no longer going to be creating scenery packs, so here are the tools to make your own."
-Games typically only receive dlc for one/two years, because interest in the game fades and dlc packs are no longer as profitable.

I saw the dino models, but I've always wanted an official "prehistoric" dlc pack, with pre-studios pack animatronics as it's already impossible to seamlessly integrate the prestudios pack animatronics with those from the studios pack, because of the jarring differences in design.
-TMT ones are a nice/interesting addition, but those won't/don't have the same feel as the official one.

Top Bottom