So it's a couple of years old now and I wouldn't be surprised if some things have been written on this forum already. The Planet Universe could get even larger. The following titles were trademarked at the same time as Planet Zoo.

Planet Golf
Planet Railway
Planet Soccer
Planet City
Planet Hospital
Planet Prison
Planet Racing
Planet Transport.

So will we see one or two new games in the future and the rest of this is a tactical cover up in the name of secrecy? Will we eventually see all of these games? Which one would you buy first if by magic they were all released today?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Planet Football (sorry not sorry 😁) would be interesting; playing as an owner/chairman of a club rather than the team or manager. A football club ownership sim where I could build my team the greatest ground, nurture a passionate fan base and appoint the right staff to turn my local team from a middle-second tier club into the trophy winning, world dominating juggernaut they deserve to be? Yes please, and up the Boro!

Planet Football (sorry not sorry 😁) would be interesting; playing as an owner/chairman of a club rather than the team or manager. A football club ownership sim where I could build my team the greatest ground, nurture a passionate fan base and appoint the right staff to turn my local team from a middle-second tier club into the trophy winning, world dominating juggernaut they deserve to be? Yes please, and up the Boro!
As far as I remember just about the management was supposed to be Formula 1, maybe I'm already mistaken.

Last edited:
As far as I remember just about the management was supposed to be Formula 1, maybe I'm already mistaken.

That's a good point..... In things like an F1 Simulator or a Football simulator..... How would the Planet Coaster / Planet Zoo style construction and design fit in?

With things like the Golf, City I completely see how the Planet Coaster/Zoo format fits perfectly. Eg, there is loads you can do with terrain and scenery and design on a golf course.

Then in other titles above I just can't see it. F1 and Football as I was saying. Once you've built your stadium or racing circuit, added some billboards, tyres around the track and a few signs, maybe you can also build a fancy pit lane. Ok that's it finished. On the face of it there wouldn't seem to be much open freedom. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Also thinking Planet Railway and Planet Transport should be the same game :D :D :D

That's a good point..... In things like an F1 Simulator or a Football simulator..... How would the Planet Coaster / Planet Zoo style construction and design fit in?

With things like the Golf, City I completely see how the Planet Coaster/Zoo format fits perfectly. Eg, there is loads you can do with terrain and scenery and design on a golf course.

Then in other titles above I just can't see it. F1 and Football as I was saying. Once you've built your stadium or racing circuit, added some billboards, tyres around the track and a few signs, maybe you can also build a fancy pit lane. Ok that's it finished. On the face of it there wouldn't seem to be much open freedom. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Also thinking Planet Railway and Planet Transport should be the same game :D :D :D

Like you say, I don't think the F1 game which is officially licensed, would be called Planet Racing.

I think for these titles they look at what is possible with the current engine on which the Planet games run, and mostly these titles would be registered to avoid others running away with it.

Like you say, I don't think the F1 game which is officially licensed, would be called Planet Racing.

I think for these titles they look at what is possible with the current engine on which the Planet games run, and mostly these titles would be registered to avoid others running away with it.

I made a big mistake there though. I mentioned F1 but the title is Planet Racing. It doesn't indicate a licensing thing in any way. Maybe it will be a game of many racing formats from dirt to tarmac inc 2 wheels and 4 wheels.

Completely agree with you on the strategic trademarking to protect a future idea. Somebody surely would run off with it.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Top Bottom