Galactic regions and life types

A bit of interesting news, and an addition here: on February 1, CMDR Borys found a new anomaly in the ISCA (Colonia's region), so it's now PQ instead of P there. What's more interesting is that it doesn't seem to be tied to a nebula of any kind. So, that might be a new NSP area that he stumbled upon: we'll have to look.

Like the Amundsen's star (with it's P-type), which is notable only because it is a player-made POI.
Right. Or the Aster trees which are suspiciously around this entry, or a number of other examples. I'd find it likely that Frontier hand-placed the NSP areas to such places to ensure that they'll be found... although on the other hand, it could simply be that these NSPs are the ones found first because they draw people to themselves anyway.

I made a smaller mistake, and listed the IOS's Collared pods as molluscs instead - I genuinely thought they were that. This is a small edit, but I thought I'd mention it because it also means that the IOS is the only region where all three major NSP types (Anomalies, Molluscs, Trees & Pods) have been discovered.

I tried to mark sectors with different life types on a map (as best as I could) and it looks, that small life tends (with some exceptions, that, by the way, may be caused by something being still not found :) ) to "span" to neighbouring sectors forming continuous spots.
Trees and pods
OUVTyUf.jpg

Molluscs
SQVQWDz.jpg

Anomalies (updated)
iyqDkw5.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to mark sectors with different life types on a map (as best as I could) and it looks, that small life tends (with some exceptions, that, by the way, may be caused by something being still not found :) ) to "span" to neighbouring sectors forming continuous spots.
Yeah, with the exception of the anomalies, the two seems to be roughly along galactic arms. There's probably more to be found at least with anomalies, it's just that we rarely do find anything.
I do find it odd that the Formidine Rift (region) has no NSPs (yet), despite all the hype about it beforehand. Frontier could have placed some anomalies in the Zurara's system, at least.

Thanks! That's added here and to the large pile of Codex bugs then.

Funnily enough, there are no K11-type anomalies anywhere else yet. But then, most of the anomaly (sub)types tend to be specific to singular regions. There is just one exception: K10, which are found in two regions, but only around green gas giants.

It looks like there might be some pattern here. Amundsen's Star, then Magellan's Star. If I were on the other end of the Galaxy, I would have checked Erikson's Star :)

I have question about anomalies.
I know, that I can search them by edsm, but this offer me max range of "only" 5k ly.
Has anyone made data sheet with systems containing anomalies? I saw this for ELW, planetary nebulaes, but what with NSP, especially anomalies?

I can offer you some help there, but unfortunately, it's not all that you're looking for.
First, my maps of Lagrange clouds thread has a list of systems back from September, but only those with Lagrange clouds. You could cross-reference that with the Codex and the regions which have anomalies to get a list of systems that probably do. It's not much, but better than nothing.

Better is the IGAU Codex public database (updated monthly), which will get you exact types in exact systems, but only for the ones people have uploaded so far. So it's not as big as EDSM's database - yet.
On the bright side, you'll also find results there that EDSM won't provide you, as it has to be manually updated with new types if they are found.

Well, it looks, I've just found K-type anomalies near the Magellan's star in the Tenebrae region. Due to bug they don't scan for the Codex.
Er65UBb.jpg

mQ9yVxA.jpg

Was just looking up this very info, I have also just found the K11 type NSP at Magellan's Star and was wondering if anyone else had seen them and tried to scan. I also notice the crystals here don't scan also.

After the FC update was released, a number of new finds popped up on the Codex. Mostly anomalies, plus a few things that were broken before - although who knows if those anomalies weren't broken before either. In any case, I updated the first post.

I've just noticed newly discovered L-08 anomaly in the Tenebrae region near the Magellan's Star. The problem is, I've been there and seen there only bugged K-11. And cmdr. varonica confirms that too. So, either this is a Codex bug, or L-08 used to be bugged before the update and K-11 is still bugged and still don't scan for Codex. Or the anomaly changed after the last update. Anyway it is worth checking.

Last edited:
I've just noticed newly discovered L-08 anomaly in the Tenebrae region near the Magellan's Star. The problem is, I've been there and seen there only bugged K-11. And cmdr. varonica confirms that too. So, either this is a Codex bug, or L-08 used to be bugged before the update and K-11 is still bugged and still don't scan for Codex. Or the anomaly changed after the last update. Anyway it is worth checking.
I'm here now, I can't seem to find any anomaly at all so I'm a bit puzzled.

I'm going to investigate a bit the three notable stellar phenomena that there are in this system, I'll keep updated

EDIT: found it minutes after replying. Can confirm L08-type anomaly.

Attachments

• 20200907133038_1.jpg
    20200907133038_1.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 20200907133059_1.jpg
    20200907133059_1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Top Bottom