Galaxy Map - Coordinated Grid-search Function

There have been a few occasions where my friends and I have wanted to sweep a nebulae or look for Raxxla in a specific range or grid zone with a group of friends. Coordinating searches is difficult, but would be simple if we could highlight a group of stars and share data about weather they have been visited with friends, squadron members, or the whole player community. Under this system exploration data is not shared, but an indicator is presented that shows that a system has been visited by anyone in the group. This would allow large groups to coordinate searches over a period of time in game without repeating each others work or fumbling about with spreadsheets.

This would make group expeditions and community events more engaging, and would allow players to follow each others efforts.

I mean, you can kinda do this with everyone reporting to EDSM, and then using ImportStars.txt importing. Or you could have something that combines the VisitedStarsCache.dat files from multiple explorers into one file.

Basically you go out, do your recon, all send your VisitedStarsCache.dat file to one person who combines them using a tool I may or may not already have ;), then that person gives everyone the combined VisitedStarsCache.dat file, and the loop repeats.

Look I know how to do all that, the suggestion was about streamlining the process. I want to pick up this game, find people to fly with, and do stuff without have to spend so much time traveling and coordinating. The idea here was to make exploration more group engaging, to remove barriers that are preventing or frustrating game-play. I'm not upset with you, I'm just tired of all the fapping about I have to do in text files and third party tools to make this game stay fun.

Top Bottom