GALNET - 16 DEC 3307 - A Gift From a Thief

Soooo... the next 3 caches should be in the game
Presumably
Hopefully
Erm... also the GALNET: UNAUTHORISED MESSAGES announcement hinted that we might get no other hints

Thanks Kimosabe, bought an SRV as never had one before and that worked. Very difficult to use, though
The SRV has a turret (press U) that is easier to aim if you're having difficulties. I also seem to remember having to remap a lot of the controls to make thing easier.

Article "The Winking Cat's Treasure Hunt" is out on Galnet. But it doesn't look like a clue to me.

THE WINKING CAT'S TREASURE HUNT
23 DEC 3307

Pilots' Federation ALERT

Erik Gunnarson of the Wallglass Investigations Agency provides an overview of the Winking Cat's latest escapade.

"The meaning of the message scrawled on the back of the Jokers' Deck ceremonial playing card has become clear. This time, the galaxy's most infamous larcenist is actually giving away treasure rather than stealing it.”

"Three mysterious riddles were somehow inserted into the GalNet feed over the last week. Commanders have reported that clues within these riddles led them to three concealed caches, each in a different system."

“According to the dates specified by the Winking Cat, these three caches will only be operational for a two-week period, ending on the 30th of December. We can then deduce that caches four, five and six will activate today, and likewise remain available for the next two weeks."

“This is not the first philanthropic gesture from the Winking Cat. The long-lost painting Penance Street reappeared in 3305 alongside the thief's signature graphic of a cheeky feline face, but this is a more generous giveaway. Some even see it as a redistribution of wealth, noting that the Winking Cat only ever targets corporations, governments or superrich individuals."

Last edited:
Article "The Winking Cat's Treasure Hunt" is out on Galnet. But it doesn't look like a clue to me.

Yea, but i see that only as a reminder that the first 3 caches will go away in one week
Nothing like a clue for the next 3 caches (except maybe for the reference to Penance Street painting)

Yea, but i see that only as a reminder that the first 3 caches will go away in one week
Nothing like a clue for the next 3 caches (except maybe for the reference to Penance Street painting)
The first three caches were found before any of the hints went up by going through old Galnets. The second three could probably be found as well.

The Penance thing does sound like a clue, though.

Did you scan the planet ? There should be a "Crashed ship" marker...

btw The coordinates between Horizons and Odyssey seen to differ a bit but the wreck should be somewhere in the neighborhood
I did scan it
but my ship is hovering over those coordinates and nothing there

Cannot find anything at coords -9, -118 on Irvin's Wreck in EDO
Those coordinates are for Horizons. In EDO there's "Crashed ship" marker and it's not at the same location (in some cases it's on the opposite side of the planet I think).
Problem with this POI is that it doesn't show right after mapping planet - at least for me - I had to change instance, like for example drop out of SC for it to show.

okay, daft question here but does anyone know if the Imperial Courier require the Master Imperial rank or not? I've a friend who's interested in trying the game and having an imperial courier from the get-go would be pretty cool

okay, daft question here but does anyone know if the Imperial Courier require the Master Imperial rank or not? I've a friend who's interested in trying the game and having an imperial courier from the get-go would be pretty cool
I guess the idea of it being a gift is that you don't need Imperial rank. You need it only to buy them yourself.

Back
Top Bottom