Notice GalNet changes

My two pennies worth: If you look back through the GalNet archives right back from the start, there are reams of convoluted stories with threads running hither and thither, empire doing this, federation doing that, the blue rinse princess doing what?!! colonists rebelling against old Patreus, disease running rampant here, onionhead getting nuked from orbit.. there...Oh so much juice and lore..... solid, unremitting and on the whole well written....year in, year out from 3301, 02, 03 etc..... then for many months bloody nothing...a stinking big gap of nothing... the galaxy has literally vanished up it's own ARX.... stopped spinning.... there's no going back.... the history petered out and there can be no chance of going back to recommence the flow ....can there? o7

I'm not seeing many talk about the leaked roadmap. There was no mention of Galnet but would people be happy if we got all in the roadmap and then Galnet came back with it end of 2020?

I mean everything on the roadmap was confirmed, and ED's updates are next, and the updates are for an FPS style mode for navigating your ship or possibly parts of the stations (not atmospheric landings). I would be happy if ED gives us that and Fleet Carriers along with bringing back Galnet as they have already stated they will.

Galnet is not coming back. There is no new era. Fleet carriers are not going to be released. Forget about ice planets, atmospheric landings, and narrative. They don’t care. Buy arx.

Meh. Sorry, i liked the flavour text thingies. I will miss them.

All in all, right now this announcement for me reads like "it's too much work, we won't do it any more". Please convince me, that the change also adds something to the game.

Prophetic.

In my opinion Elite is no longer Frontier' number 1 and September patch was a good confirmation. In my opinion Sept. patch was pulled off by a skeleton crew and junior coders hence the terrible result, all skilled programmers were diverted to work on other more income-perspective projects rather than constantly fixing the old game. There are not enough people to carry on and we're seeing results of it - nothing going on. I play two other online games and what can I say - since 2020 all very busy, new game events, new content, frequent interactions on line between devs and community. And what happened in Elite? Nothing besides that occasional Thargoid invasion. And by the way that is the point of Thargoids? What is their goal, why do even exist? What's up with locked regions? Why the Thargoids are so repeatable? Why all those beautifully crafted yet pointless ground structures? What's up with Guardians - yesterday's news of 3304? Everyone got blueprints and there is no reason going back there besides to take that nice looking photo of their sites.

When you deal with Elite' lore it feels like you're holding loose ends of many things without any possibility on how to connect everything together. That mysterious Thargoid variant at Pallins base, all those abandoned ground facilities? How player is going to find them? Besides clicking through many third party sites. Why everything in this game is so third party reliant, why the game menus are so limited and non interactive? Why there is so much alt+tabbing?
There are sooo many things in this game and when you look at them you feel like they are parts of something bigger and unfinished and there are no chances to put everything together. It is like a big framework of loose ends. Some are perfect, some await for better times (if they ever come...). I really like this game, and there there is no other THAT good space game, but but when you scratch the surface you can see things - unresolved, unfinished, pointless, unpolished, not touched. And now comes this grave silence that makes your customers angry. Do you feel like ten person crew left to maintain a transatlantic ship? Because it looks like Elite is on standby with skeleton crew enough to keep the machine running with any extravaganza. People get irritated with lack of content, just look at Elite's popular youtube storytellers and narrators. They moved on to other games because there is not much to say about Elite.
Looking at the facts - Frontier Dev isn't a small ten person studio, they aren't like SCS Software or Egosoft with single title that is constantly improved with one or two paid dlcs released every year to keep the game fresh and supplied with new content. In my opinion Frontier owners realized if ED has a steady number of players and die hard fans who would never abandon Elite then it is ok to serve cosmetics only to deliver steady income to fund other profitable projects.
Watch this short documentary for parallels. The hotel on an island is the game. The caretaker is Elite Dangerous' skeleton crew waiting for the summer season when extra workforce will come and do what needs to done.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHhw_9bQk0

In my opinion Elite is no longer Frontier' number 1 and September patch was a good confirmation. In my opinion Sept. patch was pulled off by a skeleton crew and junior coders hence the terrible result, all skilled programmers were diverted to work on other more income-perspective projects rather than constantly fixing the old game.

Yeah no.

There are around 100 people working on ED. 85 or them are working on the New Era, the rest are working on Current Era*. And before people scream WHITE KNIGHT, my post history will reveal that I'm not too happy with the dead narrative in this game either.

* Source: Lave Radio Podcast

I'm going to speculate that they will be seeking to automate as much of Galnet as possible, to ease the burden of having to constantly feed it with articles. This will likely emerge in New Era.

It may be the writers are hard at work producing scripted phrases that can be linked together in upcoming New Era Galnet, in much the same way that AI can converse 'intelligently' in internet chat rooms or in those 'help boxes' we see on company web sites.

Lack of the fluff news on GalNet? ED is not rolling around the players themselves, ya know? Actually fluff rolling around other things than Commanders was one of my favourite things to listen, such as affairs within Empire or Federation.

Galnet needed a rethink.
I liked fluff stories like planet side stuff and the fleshing out of the various characters.
Big stories (like Gan & emperor parade) sounded good until you visited the places in question and there was nothing there.
Stories in galnet need to reflect things happening in the game which has highlighted the main issue - there is no developer instigated content anymore.

Yeah no.

There are around 100 people working on ED. 85 or them are working on the New Era, the rest are working on Current Era*. And before people scream WHITE KNIGHT, my post history will reveal that I'm not too happy with the dead narrative in this game either.

* Source: Lave Radio Podcast

Can you show a source that says there are 100 people working on ED and 85 on New Era?

Or did ya just make that up.

Top Bottom