GalNet News Round Up - 16 December 3308

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings commanders,

As the shadow of winter falls and the specter of consumerism demands its mighty sacrifices, we take a look at what's been going on in the depths of space this week.

GNRU 16122022.png

THE DARKEST DAYS - 13 December
Newsfeeds around the world have broadcast messages of doom and gloom to let anyone, who was somehow blissfully unaware of the encroaching alien apocalypse, know that all hope is lost. So pretty standard fare for news outlets really.

CORRS TOY EMPORIUM CALLS FOR HELP - 15 December
She's making a list, she's checking it twice. She's going to find out who'll accept the generous price. Sandra Corrs is coming to tooooooown. Yes as the world burns one plucky toy maker has decided that no, the holidays will continue to be celebrated whether our alien overlords like it or not! Forget about food and medical supplies, it's the little kidiwinks who want the next Spaceman Super Zap 40 toy who need help right now! Can pilots help stop the Grinch inspired Thargoids from ruining the holidays for all the tiny humanoids or are parents looking at a non-silent night from all the crying children?

ENHANCED AX WEAPON UPDATE - 15 December
Thanks to everyone rushing about to get everything needed to repel screeching creatures from the beyond, new enhanced anti-xeno weaponry is now available to purchase at rescue megaships! Now you can spread the real message of the holidays by shooting a Thargoid in the face!

FINAL MAELSTROMS ADVANCE THARGOID OCCUPATION - 16 December
The Avengers team up no one wanted is here. Thor, Raijin and Hadad have arrived in human space and like the other maelstroms before them they've brought that special festive gift of doom and devastation. Rescue ships have arrived in the systems and it's going to be a hard fight to push them back. With all the recorded maelstroms having finally made their presence known, it remains the be seen what the main end game of these attacks really is...

That's it from this week. We'll be taking a break over the festive period and will be back in the new year. We hope you enjoy some brief holiday joy before the inevitable forces of entropy consume humanity and render our lives meaningless.

To let us know how bad things are going to get they have already shown It’s a Wonderful Life several times over the last week and a bit.
Cant be any worse than Home Alone, wish the Bugs had come a thousand years earlier and saved us all the misery.

O7

Soddy ED but I am quite disappointed with u14. No new game play and especially for Odyssey. I play ED since it came out for ps4 and spent almost a week with u14 but that's it. I am going to wait and see if something interesting will come out of this war and may consider later on to join again.

Soddy ED but I am quite disappointed with u14. No new game play and especially for Odyssey. I play ED since it came out for ps4 and spent almost a week with u14 but that's it. I am going to wait and see if something interesting will come out of this war and may consider later on to join again.
Confused here... you play since it came out for PS4? If you mean you still play it on console, I have bad news for you: ED on console is now considered legacy, and since U14 it isn't even in the same "universe" with the live version anymore. And of course it won't receive any new content at all.
If you mean you play Oddy on PC, the "no new game play" is just not true. OK, it might not be something for you, but the fact that thargoids are now effectively power-players sure is new. But it is true, the Oddy experience did not change. Well, except for exo-bio rank got demoted willy-nilly.

Confused here... you play since it came out for PS4? If you mean you still play it on console, I have bad news for you: ED on console is now considered legacy, and since U14 it isn't even in the same "universe" with the live version anymore. And of course it won't receive any new content at all.
If you mean you play Oddy on PC, the "no new game play" is just not true. OK, it might not be something for you, but the fact that thargoids are now effectively power-players sure is new. But it is true, the Oddy experience did not change. Well, except for exo-bio rank got demoted willy-nilly.
No. I got a gaming laptop mainly to play Odyssey and SC when it came out. This means long before Frontier announced the cancellation for consoles. currently both games are disappointing. Before giving me you news try to understand the situation. I am sure I have more experience than you with ED.

Top Bottom