GalNet News Roundup - 19 May 3309

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings commanders!

A new week is reaching its apex and so it is time once again for another episode of nihilistic summarising that medical professionals remind me is "An unhelpful method of avoiding therapy". It's GalNet News round up time!

GalNetRoundUp19052023.png

THARGOID MOTHERSHIPS DISCOVERED WITHIN MAELSTROMS - 16 May 3309
Unfettered by concerns for their mortal frames, independent pilots across the galaxy have charged forth into the swirling clouds of face melting, now that they have their shiny new pulse neutralisers. Upon making their way inside the human race was shocked to discover that inside the giant Thargoid clouds were giant Thargoid ships! We were all certain it would be just one small Thargoid trying to out vape their mates. Inside the acidic smog of imminent doom pilots found a barrier of asteroids strategically placed to make you pay attention to what you are doing and beyond those a Thargoid vessel so big even Rackham was struggling to think which mansion he could store it in. Whilst heavily armed and swarming with Thargoid vessels, these giagantic ships seem only passively concerned with the presence of human vessels. Attemps to take them down have achieved few results, with the would be heroes discovering quite how many guns these Thargoids have moments later. At present it is unclear exactly what purpose these vessels serve or what horrors might lurk within.

THARGOID ‘HUNTER’ VESSEL CLASS CONFIRMED - 18 May 3309
As the old adage goes, if you see one new Thargoid then there's another right behind you about to eat your eyes. Fresh out of finding out what nightmarish monster is lurking within the Thargoid Maelstroms, pilots have encountered a new breed of smaller vessel known as "the hunter" by experts and as "Oh no, oh no, it found me" by everyone else. These rejects from early 80s fantasy movies that have changed the meaning of a certain type of polearm weapon, have been found to rip ships out of supercruise and treat them to some involuntary electroshock therapy. These spiky bullies were initially limited to surrounding the vessels inside the Maelstroms but have since been encountered living it large in human territories. Aegis Commodore Emil Varga is convinced the attempts of these hunters to brutalise humanity is a sign that the Thargoids are "worried", after human vessels made it through the Maelstrom and caused them no inconvenience or damage whatsoever. Nothing says "We're fighting back" like achieving absolutely nothing after all.

That's it for this week. Join us next time if reality still exists and I've managed to trick my therapist into believing that I'm not a danger to others for another week.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Unfettered by concerns for their mortal frames,
I think we might steal this for our next Buckyball poster :D

We were all certain it would be just one small Thargoid trying to out vape their mates.
😂

These rejects from early 80s fantasy movies that have changed the meaning of a certain type of polearm weapon, have been found to rip ships out of supercruise and treat them to some involuntary electroshock therapy.
BoDo.gif

Another cracking week this week :)

Disappointing was hoping for a late federation Friday election galnet news post but as this is up.... Thats going to rules that out...

Aegis Commodore Emil Varga is convinced the attempts of these hunters to brutalise humanity is a sign that the Thargoids are "worried", after human vessels made it through the Maelstrom and caused them no inconvenience or damage whatsoever. Nothing says "We're fighting back" like achieving absolutely nothing after all.
Oh no. Who would’ve thought.

Totally isn’t like we were told the Thargoids were expecting us, and this is just another retaliation for stepping on their feet, and generally being a nuisance.

(Granted, we might not have much of an option, but anyone who thought we were going to shoot the Maelstroms to pieces probably needed the reality check.)

Nothing says "We're fighting back" like achieving absolutely nothing after all.

That's it for this week. Join us next time if reality still exists and I've managed to trick my therapist into believing that I'm not a danger to others for another week.

Pro-xeno CMDRs in a nutshell... we are sinking over here!
... or are we?

Oh no. Who would’ve thought.

Totally isn’t like we were told the Thargoids were expecting us, and this is just another retaliation for stepping on their feet, and generally being a nuisance.

(Granted, we might not have much of an option, but anyone who thought we were going to shoot the Maelstroms to pieces probably needed the reality check.)
A reality check produces the result that this isn't reality and the script writers can do as they like.

Top Bottom