Newcomer / Intro galnet sucks

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Terra6790

Banned
wow the new article " imperial slaves stranded" gives the slavery aspect of the game a new biased illogical and inapropriate meaning! but considering the amount of kings" in the game idd say such a stupid trait is more than merited! personaly i find such choices pathetic (and inapropriate for the century in question but lol people have the right to play being a barbaric piece of poopoo!

The article in question is as follows.

22 JUN 3305

Four thousand Imperial slaves have been left stranded on Eotienses A 3 after being forcibly freed by emancipation group Autonomy.

Independent journalist Gwendolyn Nash reported for Vox Galactica:

“Since being set free outside Port Isabelle, the former slaves have been without food, shelter or income. Many complain that they cannot return home without completing their indentured servitude to pay off debts or fulfill contracts.”

“In desperation, thousands of newly homeless have poured into the city. Many public buildings, such as the Imperial Museum of Culture, have been turned into makeshift camps, with large numbers also begging on the streets.”

“Police and support services are struggling to cope with the unexpected influx of immigrants. Already there have been several clashes between citizens and the emancipated, and such incidents are likely to escalate until a solution is found.”

---
Not entirely sure what is getting the OP upset. It's basically saying emancipation group Autonomy freed 4 thousand imperial slaves (indentured servants), likely thinking they where "slaves" like the other commodity that is illegal in most systems. Now those servants are homeless and without work, and Port Isabelle is trying to deal with the sudden influx of people.

Not entirely sure what is getting the OP upset. .......

The OP is not upset - they are trolling. Earlier they necro'd the Salome thread to whine about players - now they are just whining for the sake of whining.

I don't know how these zero-day posts are being allowed through the approval queue when they are not relevant or in an appropriate forum.

The OP is not upset - they are trolling. Earlier they necro'd the Salome thread to whine about players - now they are just whining for the sake of whining.

I don't know how these zero-day posts are being allowed through the approval queue when they are not relevant or in an appropriate forum.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up @Para Handy
Serves me right for thinking every post has a reason.

Have you never seen any of my posts?
haha sure i have seen your post before @RELSPI
Your post appear to me to have a reason, comment , advice, or suggestions.
I like your "what?" you posted prior, because that was my first thought. had to read the OP a few times to understand what was going on.

haha sure i have seen your post before @RELSPI
Your post appear to me to have a reason, comment , advice, or suggestions.
I like your "what?" you posted prior, because that was my first thought. had to read the OP a few times to understand what was going on.
This is the first time someone's suggested my horrifying lust for Thargoids is a good reason to post, and it scares me

This is the first time someone's suggested my horrifying lust for Thargoids is a good reason to post, and it scares me
lol your what? Is this an actual post? That sounds like it would be quite a topic starter.
"looking for a good time? call 1-800-Thargoid"

Imperial Slaves are probably one of the few interesting things about the Elite universe, as it's pretty much entirely consensual. It is barbaric to us (and most anti-Imperials, or activists like Aisling Duval), but to them a matter of honor, and that makes it an interesting issue to deal with. Non-Imperial slaves, of course, are just bad and wrong and we can all feel good about freeing them.
Sadly, nobody cares about GalNet and so all attempts to capitalise on this, like the article in question, go unnoticed or widely mocked.

lol your what? Is this an actual post? That sounds like it would be quite a topic starter.
"looking for a good time? call 1-800-Thargoid"

It was a long thread over in Dangerous Discussions, and supported the old adage about the universe being weirder than we can imagine.

But back to the topic it is and was a genuine problem especially in a society without a welfare state just how do freed slaves support and feed themselves?
In the case of those Imperial Slaves who only indentured themselves because of debt, they are unlikely to be happy at the suggestion of a loan to tide them over.

Last edited:
Of course, due to changes in UK law, all discussions of consensual slavery will have to end by July, or else FDev will have to rebrand Elite as an adult-only game ...

That age-check thingie (I think that is what you are referring to) - has been postponed while they try to find a way to get it to work. (This board won't let me link to an article, presumably because the address has the p*rn word in it.) "Change due on 15 July halted because government failed to inform EU of plans "

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom