GalNet Unofficial: Galactic Summit Reporting

After mild confusion, the actual Summit will not be hosted in the Luyten's Star system, but instead the Sirius star system. The pirate activity that has been recently spotted near Sol has now accordingly come to Sirius as a direct result. And in their wake, there is now a high-level beacon for "Pirate Activity" in the system's local map.

Not a lot of political business had been conducted on this day, as it is the first day and the delegates are too busy introducing themselves to each other as well as the press at large.

In unrelated news, Commander Golden-Knight and his Corvette Hero Leader have been spotted in the Sirius star system, with a starting contribution of 5 million in bounty bonds. When asked about his ongoing condition, the outspoken Admiral had this to say:
"I've definitely had almost a full week of uninterrupted rest, and I feel mostly fine. A little pressure in the head, but I'll continue looking into all the avenues for a thorough recovery. For the time, I have been able to spin around in space without nausea, so it's safe to presume that unless conditions suddenly worsen, I am cleared for full participation in the Summit's many activities. I personally want to see the Brandy Water Park put together by the thousands of other independent pilots."

There has been no word whether or not the rising celebrity Commander Sassia Bianchi or any of her other affiliates will be in attendance of the Summit.

20210225123105_1.jpg

Last edited:
The first day of political discussions has drawn to a close, as independent pilots of all affiliations are still working around the clock to ensure the safety of Patterson Enterprise, the meeting location of the Galactic Summit.

While on the floor, Admiral Golden-Knight had been able to voice his political opinions to Federal and Alliance figureheads. He has been recorded as quote:
"I am conflicted with who to swear my loyalty to. The Alliance promises and emphasizes Libertarian ideals, yet the Federation holds onto my home of Earth. Given the events around Jupiter Rochester, I would like to formally request that all Federal politicians seriously consider a more transparently democratic society."

Also on the floor was a brief conversation with Arthur Tolmie, a representative of Frontier (affectionately abbreviated to "FDev"), who casually acknowledged Admiral Golden-Knight as a "hero of space". This has been documented during the Thursday Twitch stream, and may be preserved in footage on the Youtube and Twitter platforms, for those seeking the exact statement and context.

In unrelated news, Commander Sassia Bianchi was not seen at the Galactic Summit, though she and her armada have cornered the wily Commander White Wyvern, who has disclosed the information he intended to share weeks ago. The details involve video footage of a Majestic class Imperial capital ship, and cryptic strings of letters. Researchers are excited to begin analyzing any and all possible meanings of this data.

Pirate activity escalates! At the start of the second day of diplomatic meetings, a second wave of deadly criminals has been spotted, and the collective members of the Summit have expressed shock but no worry. A call has been put out for all the most elite pilots in the Bubble.

Korelious Smoke had made a comment, representing the new insurgency:
"There's no way there's going to be any permanent moment of weakness in those who choose status-quo, so we have to strike at the heart of all this political nonsense! We've been practicing in Sol over the past week, and have reorganized our plans to take back the reigns from all the stuffed-shirt clowns."

The overt advocation for anarchy in Sirius space, and the seat of the Galactic Summit, has been covered by all major media outlets. The main pilots interviewed also seem less concerned with any threat from these developments, and more interested in the logistics required to compete for their preferred thresholds on GalNet's leaderboards. The best of the elite have also been known to dedicate full-time resources and efforts specifically for initiatives such as this one.

Top Bottom