ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing Pt.3

So... finally came back to the bubble with about 2000T of core minerals. I have to say that this demand system is broken beyond belief. It's impossible to determine how much you'll actually be able to sell anything for and have to run all over the galaxy chasing good sell prices. Nice to have the PWA fixed, but now there is no point is core mining. FDEV did not just balance the price (which was needed) but made the price / demand system unusable. We need to know roughly what a given commodity will sell for over time and not have to spend hours running around the bubble chasing prices. And how can a station have 0 demand and still buy the commodity? Sad....

I was really looking forward to the BGS rebalancing. It's a pity that this did not happen.
In particular, there is not enough change in the number of population in the system, depending on the status of the factions and their influence.
I believe that this changed a lot (for the better) BGS

You cannot see the whole of the conflict zone the fact that you outnumber the enemy within 10km or so of you doesn’t mean that the rest of the war is going that well.

They fixed the ultra smart AI and the weapons they developed four and a bit years ago.
Conflict Zones are where you go to fight a war against warships. The AI there are a little smarter and much better equipped than the ones you meet in a random RES, driving the enemy away can count towards the victory in the war so them jumping away is a feature.
The ones that flee just faster than your ship have had a drive failure, that isn’t a feature but a known bug.

I went right back there, did much better, instead of flying right into the middle, etc. and then saw some laser shots a ways off. The combat zone is not all seen at once, so in one area it may seem like the battle is over, but definitely not the whole picture. Now once I hear the commander say anything negative, I high tail it out of there. Not very good at combat yet, but attempting to get gooder at that. I also managed to run down a couple reds trying to jump, so slowly improving.

Greetings Commanders,

Welcome to the third and final set of game balancing changes this side of 2021. In the new year, we'll turn our attention to other aspects of the game that you've raised in your suggestions and feedback. As promised, we're making some further balancing changes to other elements of combat which can be expected alongside a GalNet article later today:

Combat Bonds
High-end NPC combat bonds will provide many more credits, seeing an increase from around 80,000Cr to 400,000Cr. Similar to the recently updated bounties values, the HUD will not reflect the new figure after a kill, but the transaction tab will. These may (rarely) appear to be issued by the Pilot's Federation.

Anti-Xeno Combat
Thargoid combat bonds will provide 4x as many credits as before.

The experience gained from Thargoids which contributes to Combat rank has been re-scaled. This means that Thargoid scouts will provide less than before, however each interceptor will offer more than the last, all the way up to Hydras. The exact amount earned will vary according to the number of pilots who contribute to the kill as well as their various combat ranks.

Delivery Missions
The increase in minable commodity prices has had an unexpectedly large effect on delivery missions due to compounding multipliers, allowing large numbers of credits to be earned with minimal risk and effort. To re-focus the earnings on the effort made, the rewards for these have been changed so that the distance travelled and quantity transported has a larger effect on the pay. Payouts remain relatively high and will be monitored for any further necessary adjustments.

Thank you as always for your replies and insights. Your feedback continues to be invaluable and will drive the further changes in the new year. In the meantime, let us know what you think about the adjustments above!

o7

In light of the current changes, I propose to change the attitude towards player killers:
1. To toughen punishments comparable to the losses of the killed player and maybe even return a part to the victim.
2. What kind of funny police are flying in to protect an innocent pilot attacked by a ganker? Make her much stronger so that she can kick the attacker in the teeth.
3. When flying a single player with a wing, I think the punishment should be multiplied

As for pvp ... yes, perhaps I agree that something needs to be done with flocks of jackals that fly and just engage in murder. Although from my experience of flying in the open world, no one has killed my engineer vette yet ... but I hardly encountered serious pvp figures. But there was a link of two utyrks, one to the FAS, the other with missiles on the courier ... What was it fun when the FAS hit my crosshair and got a few hammer blows right on the head ... though we were spinning with the courier for a long time ... but he had to retreat ... since he almost did not fall into my sight ... and I really could never catch up with him ... 800 acceleration is not a joke to you ...
In general, the open world is only for the wings of well-engineered ships

Space police will be useless even with 0,000001s reaction time as long, as long is possible destroy player ship in few seconds by strongly engineered attacker ;)
I hate bringing up Eve Online, but the godlike Concord are a good example of a police force that is legitimately feared by all but the most soulless gankers. We don't need invincible murderboats. We just need ships that can drop in within seconds, lock down the area with some manner of FSD suppression, and then melt a grade 5 engineered gankboat. Until random murder actually has immediate and brutal consequences, gankers gonna gank.
In general, the open world is only for the wings of well-engineered ships
This sort of gatekeeping is NOT what the community needs right now. Not everyone has the time or patience to run around the bubble hunting materials just so they can run the risk of getting blown up right as they're pulling into an engineer's station.

Delivery Missions
[…] To re-focus the earnings on the effort made, the rewards for these have been changed so that the distance travelled and quantity transported has a larger effect on the pay. […]

I don't think they need a balance but revamp, as well as all missions. I won't give any details about non delivery missions here :

• Factions should never ask for a something legally available on the local market, even a delivery to a nearby faction.
  • Factions should reward non available goods depending on the system status or the main source system status (briefly : if the supplier is at war, deliveries can't be done, that's why it isn't available in the current system
  • Data delivery missions should be more dangerous and rewarded depending on ranks and nature of the data (I have many French swear word coming to mind, like "rogntudju")
  • Delivery missions should take account of the real distance : 10 jumps is nothing more than 10mn "loading please wait" and a few scoops. Going to 300,000sl is far !
and
  • There should be more long time delivery missions (long time in sl not ly)
  • There should be local system delivery missions for > 100,000sl
  • Factions should ask for random rares because... they are rare ! (I don't care about the distance in the bubble here, Elite has a small galaxy 500 ly = nothing)
  • There should be long term mission and short term missions. I remember 10-30mn missions a long time ago then everything was brought to 24h... Such a good balancing ! There should be 10mn, 30mn, 2h, 4h, 1d, 1w, 3w, ...xhatever delivery missions.

As the BGS doesn't seem to handle "merchandise exhaust" many delivery missions have no sense at all as it's just buy something and deliver it, what the simulation ( NPCs) should do (invisibly) because all these commodities are freely and most importantly very easily available.

The best example of nonsense mission is deliver "medics" to blabla in blabla : I buy medics, deliver them and see that they just had to buy the on their local market. Along that, no one seems to want to drink that rare gins or whiskeys, rum,... eat these rare snails, caviar from far away.

"It's 10 am. Bring me Kamitra cigars in 2h. I want to smoke one of these after lunch. Oh, and if you can get me some of these Leathery eggs appetizers from Zaonce I ate last week, you'll have a bonus but I want them @ 11:30am"

"blah blah blah ... Arasaka tower
blah blah blah ... blow up mikosi "(c) V cyberpunk 2077
The main thing is that there is no balance either. I propose to return mining to its place and postpone the idea of rebalancing in a distant box, gradually raising the rewards for all types of activities

Regarding haulage missions. This current balance pass has broken a few things...follow on missions are now paying between 10-20k where before they were worth 1-2m which often made them worth doing.

Sourcing (fetch and deliver) missions are in some cases broken and pay less of a reward than the cost of the commodity.

I felt that haulage missions pre-balance were actually ok in terms of reward. The best I saw was around 10m for precious metals (which were fairly rare) and most were in the 2-5m range. Now IMO haulage missions are not worth the time investment, they pay a fraction of the previous reward and carry the same risks (which we fairly minimal tbh).

Nobody was earning mega bucks on haulage missions (edge cases excepted) but they were worth it if you fancied a more relaxed gaming session...are you going to look at them some more and perhaps bring them closer to where they were before the balancing started?

I don't think most players would mind an increased level of risk for these missions if that is required.

Last edited:
I took a day off yesterday because of work, then found the controlling faction had dropped 9% and 4 million worth of bounties had been "issued" in the system, something that only happens when missions generate them as the faction in question is an anarchy. The system has no res sites. Traffic was still only a dozen ships.

Anarchy factions got the short end of the stick in the BGS already, but now there's an even stronger incentive to go stacking massacre missions to kick them down harder.

I really don't get those saying that mining is now nerfed to death and should be reverted.

I have played nearly 300 hours along 4 years, playing in small bursts until I get bored and launch another game. I mainly do cargo runs, passenger missions and exploration. I hate mining (never actually looked into it, just now that's how EVERYONE other than me seems to be making his/her money, but don't even want to try as it looks tedious and boring). I suck at combat and play on keyboard and mouse, so don't really get into that. And each time I tried I got obliterated anyway, so no fun for me.

I NEVER rely on external websites to get the "meta" thing to do or min max as I'm all about immersion, and there is nothing more immersion killing that reading an excel-like sheet with every best way to make money in the game you are currently playing. It's like reading a walkthrough while playing. Pointless. If I want to explore, I head out to a random direction and see what I can get (you know, actually exploring...). Never made the road to riches, never felt the need to.

Of course, I want big ships, as anyone, but I don't want to cheese it. I know that I will probably never get a Fleet Carrier, but seeing how USELESS they are when you are playing solo, that's no big deal. Without anyone to play with, it's basically a glorified tanker...

My biggest ship has been the Beluga for a very long time, love it and it's not even fully engineered as I'm too lazy to unlock engineers other than FSD and grind for materials. The only thing I find UNFAIR about it is that it's the ONLY ship in the game that can't equip a shield big enough for its mass, so its shield goes down VERY quickly, even when just scratching the hull at low speed while entering stations. But I can pretend I ferry passengers in style with its 45+ LY jump range. That's partly why I am VERY disappointed to know we won't have ship interiors in Odyssey. I really wanted to visit its glorious interiors, and it would help with long trips, as I could switch the autopilot on and enjoy some RP in my ship.

I got my very first Anaconda only a few days ago, it was kind of my end goal (before the Cutter, but have to grind for Imperial ranks and I hate grinding, so I go up little by little and won't have it before a loooong time) as everyone told me its a superior ship, but I discovered it couldn't jump a lot higher than my Beluga when fully loaded (with FSD booster and rank 5 engineering). Of course, it can jump far when fully striped downed, but I don't like striped down ships when exploring. I want to still be able to experience as much as I can (SRVs + Fighters, cargo hold, passengers if heading to Colonia...). It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. I don't care if it can jump 80+ LY if I have to sacrifice ALL onboard amenities to get to that. I can't imagine exploring without several SRVs (as I learned the hard way you always need backups) or fighters (to make for a different flying experience around planetary bodies. Fully loaded, I should be able to jump around 50 LY with the Anaconda. Not enough difference with my space whale to endure the ugly cockpit and worse supercruise handling. In the end, I ended up going back to my Beluga, which is a better all around vehicle. By that, I mean that you can add a LOT of features to it without losing too much jump range. Its HUGE fuel tank helps a lot as you don't have to fuel scoop too often (but will need some time when you do). And the added style makes up for what you lose in my opinion. If only it had better shields... Engineering might help, but I don't have access to rank 5 shield engineers yet and don't want to look up how to get them. The pleasure is in the discovery of features by playing. Not in getting on a website to know instantly how to min max from the start. Never been into min maxing in any game anyway.

I will continue to work on my Beluga, engineering it farther as I will come across new engineers, and make it my dream ship. I nearly regret buying, A-rating and engineering the Anaconda, as it's all time lost in the end if I don't fly the ship, but at least I can say I have a 'Conda I guess...

I'm pretty sure I will feel the same when I will be able to buy the Cutter (which might be several years from now, seeing how I play).

My point is, oftentimes, we want big shiny ships because we want to "have the biggest" and brag about it. But in the end, they are NOT the best ships. The best ship is the one you will like the most YOURSELF, not the most "meta" ship. I love ALL Saud Kruger ships, as they are stylish, fast and agile and have very good jump capabilities. Plus the Beluga is actually the biggest ship ingame as far as metrics go, so I technically have the biggest ship :)

Same for activities. Don't look for the best profit/hour. Just do whatever you want to do. You will have everything you want in the end. Don't burn yourself by mining 10 hours/day for a week when you get some time off from work only to get in one or two weeks to the end game content and wonder what to do after you've "seen it all".

I really don't get those saying that mining is now nerfed to death and should be reverted.

I have played nearly 300 hours along 4 years, playing in small bursts until I get bored and launch another game. I mainly do cargo runs, passenger missions and exploration. I hate mining (never actually looked into it, just now that's how EVERYONE other than me seems to be making his/her money, but don't even want to try as it looks tedious and boring). I suck at combat and play on keyboard and mouse, so don't really get into that. And each time I tried I got obliterated anyway, so no fun for me.

I NEVER rely on external websites to get the "meta" thing to do or min max as I'm all about immersion, and there is nothing more immersion killing that reading an excel-like sheet with every best way to make money in the game you are currently playing. It's like reading a walkthrough while playing. Pointless. If I want to explore, I head out to a random direction and see what I can get (you know, actually exploring...). Never made the road to riches, never felt the need to.

Of course, I want big ships, as anyone, but I don't want to cheese it. I know that I will probably never get a Fleet Carrier, but seeing how USELESS they are when you are playing solo, that's no big deal. Without anyone to play with, it's basically a glorified tanker...

My biggest ship has been the Beluga for a very long time, love it and it's not even fully engineered as I'm too lazy to unlock engineers other than FSD and grind for materials. The only thing I find UNFAIR about it is that it's the ONLY ship in the game that can't equip a shield big enough for its mass, so its shield goes down VERY quickly, even when just scratching the hull at low speed while entering stations. But I can pretend I ferry passengers in style with its 45+ LY jump range. That's partly why I am VERY disappointed to know we won't have ship interiors in Odyssey. I really wanted to visit its glorious interiors, and it would help with long trips, as I could switch the autopilot on and enjoy some RP in my ship.

I got my very first Anaconda only a few days ago, it was kind of my end goal (before the Cutter, but have to grind for Imperial ranks and I hate grinding, so I go up little by little and won't have it before a loooong time) as everyone told me its a superior ship, but I discovered it couldn't jump a lot higher than my Beluga when fully loaded (with FSD booster and rank 5 engineering). Of course, it can jump far when fully striped downed, but I don't like striped down ships when exploring. I want to still be able to experience as much as I can (SRVs + Fighters, cargo hold, passengers if heading to Colonia...). It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. I don't care if it can jump 80+ LY if I have to sacrifice ALL onboard amenities to get to that. I can't imagine exploring without several SRVs (as I learned the hard way you always need backups) or fighters (to make for a different flying experience around planetary bodies. Fully loaded, I should be able to jump around 50 LY with the Anaconda. Not enough difference with my space whale to endure the ugly cockpit and worse supercruise handling. In the end, I ended up going back to my Beluga, which is a better all around vehicle. By that, I mean that you can add a LOT of features to it without losing too much jump range. Its HUGE fuel tank helps a lot as you don't have to fuel scoop too often (but will need some time when you do). And the added style makes up for what you lose in my opinion. If only it had better shields... Engineering might help, but I don't have access to rank 5 shield engineers yet and don't want to look up how to get them. The pleasure is in the discovery of features by playing. Not in getting on a website to know instantly how to min max from the start. Never been into min maxing in any game anyway.

I will continue to work on my Beluga, engineering it farther as I will come across new engineers, and make it my dream ship. I nearly regret buying, A-rating and engineering the Anaconda, as it's all time lost in the end if I don't fly the ship, but at least I can say I have a 'Conda I guess...

I'm pretty sure I will feel the same when I will be able to buy the Cutter (which might be several years from now, seeing how I play).

My point is, oftentimes, we want big shiny ships because we want to "have the biggest" and brag about it. But in the end, they are NOT the best ships. The best ship is the one you will like the most YOURSELF, not the most "meta" ship. I love ALL Saud Kruger ships, as they are stylish, fast and agile and have very good jump capabilities. Plus the Beluga is actually the biggest ship ingame as far as metrics go, so I technically have the biggest ship :)

Same for activities. Don't look for the best profit/hour. Just do whatever you want to do. You will have everything you want in the end. Don't burn yourself by mining 10 hours/day for a week when you get some time off from work only to get in one or two weeks to the end game content and wonder what to do after you've "seen it all".
Nice approach to the game. Remember, there are other approaches. For example, I'm not ready to spend a lot of time on the game, but I really love ships with big guns! Therefore, I am forced to have several ships. On some you make money, on others you fight .... I fly the vette not because it is a meta, but because I like everything about this ship ... I killed a lot of time on his engineering and duval in order to get everything necessary .... But now when I want to pew-pie, I just fly to my FC, take a vette and fly to spread rot pirates or in a conflict zone ... even on the development of the FGS. I have one idea how to make it not meth with machine guns and lasers ... And for this style of play I need mining, so that I can not do a lot and sadly grind, but just fly in for 3 hours, make 350 million and not a week get back to it ...

"Engineering might help, but I don't have access to rank 5 shield engineers yet and don't want to look up how to get them. The pleasure is in the discovery of features by playing. Not in getting on a website"
Ekhem right panel, basic info about engineers IN GAME ekhem :p
But I agree, 4x SRV+ SLF is live and love on long exploration.
And conda has terrible cockpit.

Regarding haulage missions. This current balance pass has broken a few things...follow on missions are now paying between 10-20k where before they were worth 1-2m which often made them worth doing.

I agree, I don't bother with haulage missions anymore and I doubt new players will either; the payout has been adjusted a little too drastically. If that logic is followed - and I'm sure someone will correct my thinking no doubt - then why bother having them at all?

I agree, I don't bother with haulage missions anymore and I doubt new players will either; the payout has been adjusted a little too drastically. If that logic is followed - and I'm sure someone will correct my thinking no doubt - then why bother having them at all?
haulage missions are ruined, all of them, it has ruined part of the game, totally ruined

Greetings Commanders,

Welcome to the third and final set of game balancing changes this side of 2021. In the new year, we'll turn our attention to other aspects of the game that you've raised in your suggestions and feedback. As promised, we're making some further balancing changes to other elements of combat which can be expected alongside a GalNet article later today:

Combat Bonds
High-end NPC combat bonds will provide many more credits, seeing an increase from around 80,000Cr to 400,000Cr. Similar to the recently updated bounties values, the HUD will not reflect the new figure after a kill, but the transaction tab will. These may (rarely) appear to be issued by the Pilot's Federation.

Anti-Xeno Combat

The experience gained from Thargoids which contributes to Combat rank has been re-scaled. This means that Thargoid scouts will provide less than before, however each interceptor will offer more than the last, all the way up to Hydras. The exact amount earned will vary according to the number of pilots who contribute to the kill as well as their various combat ranks.

Delivery Missions
The increase in minable commodity prices has had an unexpectedly large effect on delivery missions due to compounding multipliers, allowing large numbers of credits to be earned with minimal risk and effort. To re-focus the earnings on the effort made, the rewards for these have been changed so that the distance travelled and quantity transported has a larger effect on the pay. Payouts remain relatively high and will be monitored for any further necessary adjustments.

Thank you as always for your replies and insights. Your feedback continues to be invaluable and will drive the further changes in the new year. In the meantime, let us know what you think about the adjustments above!

o7
Now missions to provide goods for the wing are imbalanced, people take out 500kk credits in some places if the wing is of 4 players

Money is ill-relevant in this game anyway, you can earn enough to buy the smaller ships just trading in data from half a dozen jumps...then all the weapons from another few. They should have reduced the money earnt from everything to balance not added even further.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Combat Bonds

Anti-Xeno Combat

Delivery Missions

o7

Let's talk about cheaters while balancing.

I know that some players use a third-party application to quickly switch the power distributor, I did not find such an option in the game settings. In this regard, in my opinion, this is cheating in the game, because a third-party application is used to control the ship

Top Bottom