Game Lag and freeze - Help Please!

I have returned to the game after a couple of months without playing. Now the game freezes or lags often when I move my camera making the game nearly unplayable. It happens in all game modes, with maps with no guests or buildings and in maps with everything in there. I have already played a map with 7000 guests with no performance issues, the map I opened had only 1600. my CPU and memory usage are only around 50%. I never had game performance issues before and I used to run the game with max settings.
I already update de video drive and nothing has changed.

Can someone help, please?

My PC:
Operating System: Windows* 10 Home (10.0.19041)
Physical Memory: 16234 MB
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 3E9B
Device Revision: 00
Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) Version: 9.0.1075
Current Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Processor Speed: 2208 MHz
Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Shader Version: 5.1
OpenGL* Version: 4.5
OpenCL* Version: 2.1
Vulkan* Version: 1.1.82
* Microsoft DirectX* *
Runtime Version: 12.0
Hardware-Supported Version: 12.0

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Just a quick look at your specs, i would say your GPU. Other specs look good.

That's bit on the lower-end when it comes to gaming. When it comes to integrated GPUs, it's pretty decent actually.
Good enough for a lot of users if you play with lower/minimum settings for a game released in the past 2-3 years.

But surprising you were able to play it at max settings at some point.
My guess?
They tweaked performances in the last months so that your PC is less CPU reliable and uses your GPU more sufficiently.

Adjust your resolution and lower your graphics settings is something you could try first imo.

Thanks for the suggestion. It has improved a little bit, but it still lags. I don't understand. I never had these issues before. any other suggestion? Do I need to improve the specs of my computer?

It sounds like you don't have any new aquatic animals yet, but do you have a crocodile in your habitat (the one old animal that now has diving animations?) As soon as I boxed mine up/got rid of them, my game was able to run smoothly again. I think it's a bug.

Actually no, but I hope that yes, it is a bug a nothing wrong with my PC. It was running smooth last June when I was still playing.

I don't understand. I never had these issues before. any other suggestion? Do I need to improve the specs of my computer?
Since yours was running smooth, I don't want to recommend improving the specs. If you had problems from the start - i'd say yes.

Something running in the background?
Temperature of your CPU?
Remaining HDD/SSD space (especially on your Windows partition)?

Since yours was running smooth, I don't want to recommend improving the specs. If you had problems from the start - i'd say yes.

Something running in the background?
Temperature of your CPU?
Remaining HDD/SSD space (especially on your Windows partition)?
HDD AND SDD you mean the disk where the game is installed?
Oh my god, I am such a computer ignorant.

Yeah, harddisk space/storage.

How much are you using ?
percentagewise or maybe for example only 50GB left of 2TB??

Untitledhthft.png
ttrtr.png

Looks good. If your C:\ was similar to your D;\ - that would've been the first thing to clean up.

I'm out of guesses.

Maybe set your Windows energy setting to performance, for some people it helped.
(pretty quick google search will set you on the right path to the menu settings)

Maybe you're running Planet zoo with your integrated intel Gpu instead of the nvidia one? Try to check in the nvidia control panel -- 3d settings -- program settings -- chose Planetzoo.exe in the list and you should see nvidia gpu at the second point, if not change it :)

Last edited:
Maybe you're running Planet zoo with your integrated intel Gpu instead of the nvidia one? Try to check in the nvidia control panel -- 3d settings -- program settings -- chose Planetzoo.exe in the list and you should see nvidia gpu at the second point, if not change it :)
It's working!!! Thank you so much!! I have changed those settings a few months ago to improve the performance of my laptop while playing Transport Fever 2!!
I am so happy!

Just to iterate, I don't say it's the issue, I'm just saying it's not that fast.
I'm guessing it's some sort of bug in the new update. So even though you have none of the new animals or educators, you're still running whatever new patch they put in your game, since it uploads for everyone automatically through Steam. I would probably submit it as an issue through their issue tracker, and say you can also send them your save game so they can check it out? As I understand it people's climbing animals have been escaping a lot, so there is some new process that affects the calculations for how the animals climb, escape, etc.

I'm guessing it's some sort of bug in the new update. So even though you have none of the new animals or educators, you're still running whatever new patch they put in your game, since it uploads for everyone automatically through Steam. I would probably submit it as an issue through their issue tracker, and say you can also send them your save game so they can check it out?
Thanks for the suggestion. I have already sent them an issue report. Hopefully they will answer. I am finding this issue in all my save and in new fresh maps. I am not sure of the problem is on the save file

Ah, it's happening with the fresh maps too? How early does the slow down occur? On a blank map when you move the camera?

Back
Top Bottom