Ships Game mechanichs or bug ?

I need some help, guys, to understand this:

1 - I have no notoriety, or in other words, ZERO notority.
2 - Allied with all but one ( minor faction, in Anarchy state) in the System
3 - I have NO BOUNTY on my ship.
4 - I use a Wanted scanner.

5 - Solo Mode, PvE.
Now, I am in a massacre mission - target = a pirate faction in that system, and the target faction is on Anarchy.

I do the mission in a ResH - to use the Sys Authority vessels for the "heavy lifting" :p

I found the mission target ( one in a group of over 100...) - he is BOTH "wanted" marked AND "mission target" marked.
I engage him, he is in a wing, after some seconds one of two - NO MORE than that ! Sys Auth. Vessels become red and start shooting at me ! The other 6-7 Sys Auth. vessels keep green and, more, do join me and help me to kill the "wanted" pirates.

After the killing is done, the Sys Auth. vessels get away or stay near, IN GREEN, except one or two of them, the ones who turned red moments ago !

Those two keep hitting me, and I have only 2 real options here :
a) fire back and kill them = instant Notoriety points gained and ALL Sys Auth turn red and start chasing me - this make sense and I understand
b ) I jump away then jump back - then when I return 1 minute later, all are green and I have no problems, they all assist me in killing the "wanted" .... until, 15-20 minutes later, happen again !

It is annoying, and I only start having this problem in the last week ! Months after months I did massacre mission in that system, targeting the very same faction, and never 1 or 2 Sys Auth turned against me !
I am carefully to aim well and stop shooting when they are in front of the target, and I am absolute sure is not because I hit them ( and when you do that ALL turn against you not JUST ONE or two ! )
I have NO contraband // illegal items in my cargo.

Anyone can help me understand this ? Is this normal ? I found no reason in this, maybe one of you guys can explain, please...

That only some of them turns red(#1) makes me think it must be a bug. I have never heard about it or seen it myself.

I need some help, guys, to understand this:

1 - I have no notoriety, or in other words, ZERO notority.
2 - Allied with all but one ( minor faction, in Anarchy state) in the System
3 - I have NO BOUNTY on my ship.
4 - I use a Wanted scanner.

5 - Solo Mode, PvE.
Now, I am in a massacre mission - target = a pirate faction in that system, and the target faction is on Anarchy.

I do the mission in a ResH - to use the Sys Authority vessels for the "heavy lifting" :p

I found the mission target ( one in a group of over 100...) - he is BOTH "wanted" marked AND "mission target" marked.
I engage him, he is in a wing, after some seconds one of two - NO MORE than that ! Sys Auth. Vessels become red and start shooting at me ! The other 6-7 Sys Auth. vessels keep green and, more, do join me and help me to kill the "wanted" pirates.

After the killing is done, the Sys Auth. vessels get away or stay near, IN GREEN, except one or two of them, the ones who turned red moments ago !

Those two keep hitting me, and I have only 2 real options here :
a) fire back and kill them = instant Notoriety points gained and ALL Sys Auth turn red and start chasing me - this make sense and I understand
b ) I jump away then jump back - then when I return 1 minute later, all are green and I have no problems, they all assist me in killing the "wanted" .... until, 15-20 minutes later, happen again !

It is annoying, and I only start having this problem in the last week ! Months after months I did massacre mission in that system, targeting the very same faction, and never 1 or 2 Sys Auth turned against me !
I am carefully to aim well and stop shooting when they are in front of the target, and I am absolute sure is not because I hit them ( and when you do that ALL turn against you not JUST ONE or two ! )
I have NO contraband // illegal items in my cargo.

Anyone can help me understand this ? Is this normal ? I found no reason in this, maybe one of you guys can explain, please...

It is actually quite possible to accidentally hit security ships and do just enough damage to get them to fire at you without involving the rest of their mates. This is especially true if you have turrets on your ship as they can accidentally hit other ships out of your view depending on positioning.

It is actually quite possible to accidentally hit security ships and do just enough damage to get them to fire at you without involving the rest of their mates. This is especially true if you have turrets on your ship as they can accidentally hit other ships out of your view depending on positioning.

I do not think so, the rule is when you hit ONE - then, next ALL turn against you.
The problem here is just 1 or 2 turn red, others, stay green AND keep helping me kill the pirates.
And just watch the vid I posted above - rhey even start fighting each other, ignoring the pirates attacking ....

Last edited:
I've had this happen without even deploying my hardpoints.
It's some kind of bug. I sometimes see it in CZs, rarely in RES.
I wonder if the cops are clipping each other with frags or something. 🤷‍♀️

I do not think so, the rule is when you hit ONE - then, next ALL turn against you.
The problem here is just 1 or 2 turn red, others, stay green AND keep helping me kill the pirates.
And just watch the vid I posted above - rhey even start fighting each other, ignoring the pirates attacking ....

Like I said, not necessarily. I have experienced the exact scenario I posted about, just like you have yours. It is definitely possible to aggro one & get it to shoot you without, as long as you don't have the security ship targeted.

I've also seen your scenario happen, right after the station was flipped.

Like I said, not necessarily. I have experienced the exact scenario I posted about, just like you have yours. It is definitely possible to aggro one & get it to shoot you without, as long as you don't have the security ship targeted.

I've also seen your scenario happen, right after the station was flipped.
The clip is from a HRes - so no "flipping" there ...

I've had this happen without even deploying my hardpoints.
It's some kind of bug. I sometimes see it in CZs, rarely in RES.
I wonder if the cops are clipping each other with frags or something. 🤷‍♀️
One of them got killed by the other, I watched closely thinking maybe they try to restore the shields - but they maneuver, and hard, then one just pop... definitely they were in combat... must be a bug, then...

One of them got killed by the other, I watched closely thinking maybe they try to restore the shields - but they maneuver, and hard, then one just pop... definitely they were in combat... must be a bug, then...
It's something to be mindful of, particularly if you're using SLF or turrets on fire at will.
Tbh, it doesn't break my 'immershun' because:
1/.Bent cops.
2/.Fog of war.

Another argument here - Sys Auth vessels - start fighting each other, ignoring the pirates....
Is this a bad script, is a feature ?! Now after I recorded this, I am not so much surprised I am attacked randomly by one or 2 of them...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3H7S_uBlwM&feature=youtu.be

Good video. I have 'seen it with my own eyes' now and that level of 'proof' is pretty much indisputable. If they can turn on each other its a reasonable assumption they can turn on you as well for no reason or read you as hostile for no reason. So conclusion is its either:

A - A deep and meaningful lore event where some Sys Auth have identified NMLA or DW or Club etc members in their ranks and they are fighting to keep the galaxy safe, this is the first sign of galactic civil war that will spread across the bubble causing turmoil and uproar and mass panic.

or

B - Its a bug and they are seeing non-hostile as hostile for some reason unknown

I wonder which one it is? :)

I believe the 2 cops were paid for by the target faction to shoot you.;)

For the other thing that they turn on each other, maybe one hit the other and the damage was over the threshold for aggro. There was a bug that caused that and was supposedly fixed, but we know not all fixes work (cough, fighter lag)

Best to jump out and back in to reset the instance if something like this happens, not worth the hassle to break your head to figure it out.

I believe the 2 cops were paid for by the target faction to shoot you.;)

For the other thing that they turn on each other, maybe one hit the other and the damage was over the threshold for aggro. There was a bug that caused that and was supposedly fixed, but we know not all fixes work (cough, fighter lag)

Best to jump out and back in to reset the instance if something like this happens, not worth the hassle to break your head to figure it out.
Yup, that is what I do now, but are days when each 15-30 min they charge me again.... and worst, they pick just that sweet moment when I am scooping those nice Grade V mats from kills o_O

Could we interest you in HazRes? Same stuff and no pesky cops around.

candy.png

Could we interest you in HazRes? Same stuff and no pesky cops around.

View attachment 210741

Sure , I love HRes - but when you have 15-18 stacked massacre missions for a total over 120-150 targets to pop, then cops are great to pile-up kill numbers pretty fast ....

You can do x2 more credits / h like that than from the boring mining !
Firefox_Screenshot_2021-02-28T22-11-54.152Z.png

Last "batch" got me some juicy + 200 millions JUST from missions rewards, and some extra 80 millions bounty from that system. All in less than 2 h :p

Last night I went to a HiRes to test sth bc it was close to the station, and there I saw for the first time cops turning on each other. Like, I saw laser fire, approached to investigate, and it was two green ships pew-pewing away. XD
Unfortunately it didn't cascade, I.e. the other police ships didn't rush to help one only to be attacked by their buddies. That would have been a sight to behold. ^_^

Top Bottom