Game not remembering filters in Building/Scenery panels

The most annoying thing with the UI is that the game does not remember Filters in the Building/Scenery panels.

Each time you close Building or Scenery the game forgets the Filters. I find myself clicking the Filters to set the same filters again and again as I build.
At least for me it's natural to go back and forth between Building and Scenery when decorating an area (which resets the Filters) and I doubt I'm alone in that. Same thing for editing a different building and so on. Open building, set the filters, build some walls, open Scenery, set filters, place a prop, back to Building, set filters, place some more walls, open Scenery, set filters...

I can't see any reason not to save the Filter settings, it must be more common that the same filters are used multiple times than that a new filter combination is used every time the panels are opened. I find this to be the biggest source of completely unnecessary clicks in the game.

The most annoying thing with the UI is that the game does not remember Filters in the Building/Scenery panels.

Each time you close Building or Scenery the game forgets the Filters. I find myself clicking the Filters to set the same filters again and again as I build.
At least for me it's natural to go back and forth between Building and Scenery when decorating an area (which resets the Filters) and I doubt I'm alone in that. Same thing for editing a different building and so on. Open building, set the filters, build some walls, open Scenery, set filters, place a prop, back to Building, set filters, place some more walls, open Scenery, set filters...

I can't see any reason not to save the Filter settings, it must be more common that the same filters are used multiple times than that a new filter combination is used every time the panels are opened. I find this to be the biggest source of completely unnecessary clicks in the game.

+1 Please add this. Would make building much easier. I can never remember which tab things are under so bounce between scenery and building a lot. :)

It could be as simple as a check the box to lock current filters up in the filters corner. Than you can uncheck it to choose new and recheck to lock those OR have that reset button to include unchecking it for you.

Last edited:
I would also like to be able to filter out stuff !! Let's say i want to use everything but the winter/gingerbread stuff it would make sense to be able to filter them out an be able to access everything else no ?

I support this request (again).

A "remember last used filter" button would be nice, but my main issue isn't so much that the game forgets the previous filters when I close the tool.
But it's more of the game closing automatically the tool for me when I try to use any other tool.

For example, while building a station/house/shop, if I want to move a tree, or edit slightly the terrain around the building, the building tool closes automatically and I lose the filters.
Had the game not closed the tool, I wouldn't have the problem to begin with.

Top Bottom