Gamescom 2019 - Frontier Meet Announcement

Hmm. I know it doesn't say "summer" with the beta anymore, but I really assumed that the game would be "ready" at gamescom and only bug-hunting would be done in the last two month. While end of august- beginning of novembre seems ages when waiting for the game, it normally isn't a very long time programming vice, so often the "polish the game" state. At least that's what I've been told with other games.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Sooo the beta probably won't be out until at least 22.8. I presume... Damn I'd love to come, but not for 10+ hour drive in one direction xD
Will the playable version be a full version or will it have unlocked only some features? I wonder because there are very little news lately and I thought, when streamers will feed us with a full-version information in a moth, we could at least get some new infos now already ;) As in some new animals, for example. Can we? Or will it be the huuuuge infodump in august?

There will be more Beta news at Gamescom in a few weeks :) the playable version will be a demo build of the game. Just keep watching the official channels, more hype is on its way!

Thanks for answering, Bo.
Sigh... I feel that shatters my dreams for a beta in summer. Demo build at gamescom sounds rather slim. But at the moment I'm happy about whatever we can get.

Ah I don't know why I keep manically checking for something, better I just forget about it for a while, or at least until 22.8.

Ah I don't know why I keep manically checking for something, better I just forget about it for a while, or at least until 22.8.
Yeah, I also keep telling myself to just avoid the forums and youtubers and such until gamescom. While the game is surely worth waiting for, the waiting for infos gets frustrating and tireding. I loved the steady info-flow after the announcement until after E3. Plus, I defined "summer" differently, I guess. So honestly, I'm a bit moody now. But well... still happy I supported the company through buying the deluxe edition. While I might not be too happy with the info-flow, I'm still happy with what I've seen for the game so far. Guess that's why it's so frustrating. It's like seeing your favorite food in a restaurant and you chew on a stick.

Yeah, I also keep telling myself to just avoid the forums and youtubers and such until gamescom. While the game is surely worth waiting for, the waiting for infos gets frustrating and tireding. I loved the steady info-flow after the announcement until after E3. Plus, I defined "summer" differently, I guess. So honestly, I'm a bit moody now. But well... still happy I supported the company through buying the deluxe edition. While I might not be too happy with the info-flow, I'm still happy with what I've seen for the game so far. Guess that's why it's so frustrating. It's like seeing your favorite food in a restaurant and you chew on a stick.
Learn from this. Do not expect things that are not under your control to conform to your expectations and make you happier. That is a perfect recipe for frustration.

Yeah, thanks for the advice that was not asked for. I'm an adult and do not need parenting ;) And I'm pretty satisfied with myself, including all my flaws and impatience with things that make me happy.

Yeah, thanks for the advice that was not asked for. I'm an adult and do not need parenting ;) And I'm pretty satisfied with myself, including all my flaws and impatience with things that make me happy.
I respect that. It's just that this is such a prevalent problem nowadays, I've seen it happen so many times. Capitalism versus the individual. Big corporations perfecting the art of generating hype, with no regard for the mental health of human beings. We must arm ourselves with stoicism.

I respect that. It's just that this is such a prevalent problem nowadays, I've seen it happen so many times. Capitalism versus the individual. Big corporations perfecting the art of generating hype, with no regard for the mental health of human beings. We must arm ourselves with stoicism.
Yea but stoicism isn't good for us either, it's like being numb for life.
Seriously... forgetting about it is the best option. I'm not an impatient person, I can wait for things for years if it's expected, but this is agitating waiting for info and more importantly the game itself. I thought the beta is going to be this summer (worst case I thought mid-late august and the unknown date was killing me then) but now that's pushed back even more, again an unknown date and it's just the worst.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello all,

We wanted to let you know that ticket confirmations (via Eventbrite) have been sent to those who signed up on the Google Form. If you do not confirm your ticket and bring it with you on the day, you will not be able to attend the event.

So, remember to confirm your tickets on Eventbrite and please keep in mind that tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.

Thanks!

Hello all,

We wanted to let you know that ticket confirmations (via Eventbrite) have been sent to those who signed up on the Google Form. If you do not confirm your ticket and bring it with you on the day, you will not be able to attend the event.

So, remember to confirm your tickets on Eventbrite and please keep in mind that tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.

Thanks!

Aww, what a shame, I only read about this today and missed the deadline >.<

Well, guess I have to visit the booth at GamesCom and say hello that way.

Is there a way to watch GamesCom as it goes on? I saw the twitch channel "GamesCom" but it seems to be in another language which i don't understand at all..

Hmm. I know it doesn't say "summer" with the beta anymore, but I really assumed that the game would be "ready" at gamescom and only bug-hunting would be done in the last two month. While end of august- beginning of novembre seems ages when waiting for the game, it normally isn't a very long time programming vice, so often the "polish the game" state. At least that's what I've been told with other games.

Well tecnical summer ends at 23 of september!! So I will almost guarantee that the beta will be out this summer.
That being said, many people faulty think summer ends after july. Most often due to work/school vacation.

Personally I don't mind waiting. I want them to take the time they need.

Top Bottom