Gankers' rights movement?

Disclaimer: I do not engage in ganking activity (well not yet, hehehe) though I have been accused of dishonorable conduct whenever I found uninvited explorers poking around my secret mining area. Lets just say I was polite enough to "ask" them to leave before murdering them, but I digress.

This topic is about people spouting condemnations and behaving in a toxic fashion when being the victim of a game mechanic that endorses villainy, even if it does not promote it. However some vile, purist individuals are irrationally imposing their narrow minded peace mongering and demanding that the game be tailored to their minority playstyles. I believe these "false justice warriors" should be opposed.

To be clear, I do not take any superior moral position here, only a technical one. I will use whatever in-game means at my disposal to protect my interests, and if I so choose I will kill, purge, exterminate, murder, slaughter, gank, raid, loot, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weesly guts out. And if the unfortunate soul happens to be in a rival faction, I will even be hailed as a hero, even if there is a price on my head afterwards.

Now I speak also as a victim of many attempts of ganking, a large percentage were successful. And in spite of that, I believe people have the right to roleplay as the bad guy if they so choose. You cannot have a "wild west" like space game without outlaws, it breaks immersion. But how far should we go to... "explain" those rights to people? Should we organize? Form a movement?

I believe that it may even be a good thing, may get people to finally accept that the bad guys are out there, in the big, black sea, ready to pounce anywhere, anytime.
yarr.jpg

While fully supporting your right to play however you want within the rules...why club baby seals at Deciat? What’s the appeal in using your combat skills and your minmax engineered godship to murder some noob on his first trip to an engineer?
Well it just teaches them to be away from open untill they too have such git gud ships. Off course that reaction causes those multiple open only threads :D

As in open there are either non-knowing noobs or those who atleast think they have good enough ships and tactics to avoid gankers +gankers themselves. Kind of acute easy target shortage.

The question at the end is 'how far should we go?' the answer being gank combat ships 1v1 who have a combat rating no worse than 2 lower than yours. If you're Elite don't gank mostly harmless, it's boring anyway.

On the other hand it's an open game, do what you will. Next time I'm in Deciat please go right ahead and gank me 1v1

The question at the end is 'how far should we go?' the answer being gank combat ships 1v1 who have a combat rating no worse than 2 lower than yours. If you're Elite don't gank mostly harmless, it's boring anyway.

On the other hand it's an open game, do what you will. Next time I'm in Deciat please go right ahead and gank me 1v1
The 'acceptable' forms of ganking you list there are plainly not ganking. What youre saying there is "dont gank".
Why dress it up?

400 mld of star systems, 200 ly cubic bubble around 50-80 gankers. They are located on both hemispheres. They have limited time for game, work, school and families
It means around 10 active from 8 to 12 p.m. It means 3 wings.
They are in 2 star systems.
  • Shinrarta dehzra
  • some CG or some engineers. If they are on CG then they are not at engineer
Really 10 persons terrorised entire galaxy with all parrarel universes?
If yes, then did better job than isis. isis terrorised only one planet.
Problem is like a monster in shadow of children room. If you turn lights on, there is no monster.
In fact there are no gankers. There is a community who refuses any, even simpliest and basic, rules of gameplay and form of self-development.
IF NPC, star, player or whatever destroying their ship, they are not thinking even single microsecond they should a bit learn a rules of a game what they are playing. They want to nerf NPC, stars, players, they want gimballed plasma accelerators, turreted iWin buttons.

Villainy ( aka criminal behaviour within the context of gameplay 'criminal') should not be confused with bullying (aka to seek to harm, intimate or coerce someone more vulnerable).

Provided we can all agree to that and abide by that - Im cool.
So what you're saying is that when I ram a miner and demands his cargo, I'm not a villain but a bully...?

Well it just teaches them to be away from open untill they too have such git gud ships. Off course that reaction causes those multiple open only threads :D

It's not so much a question of how the noobs respond...more a question of what's the appeal for the ganker (or griefer, or whatever the appropriate buttclown moniker is)? To which I note the OP has not responded, LOL.

Top Bottom