Genetics: Have them mean something!

As it is now, genetic engineering in JWE only alters stats or skins. It doesn't change behavior at all. Perhaps a good idea is that certain genes can truly impact behavior! In JWE 1, the closest that comes to being this is the Comfort gene but what if it was more nuanced? The Agressive gene, for example, could make animals more likely to start a fight even with their own kind or challenge for dominance more often, where is the opposite could make an animal super chill and relaxed. An intelligence gene, similar to brain aging, could make animals smarter in how they approach their escapes and maybe even scheming, like testing fences over time, staying out of view of cameras or maybe even making a run for the open gate when a ranger comes in!

I find it strange to purposely create a more aggressive or runaway animal. I think it would be more interesting if it were like this: a gene that makes animals live in a larger social group, makes them more intelligent and able to flee or attack as a group. A gene that makes the animal grow faster, shortens its life expectancy a little, and makes it more aggressive. A gene that boosts an animal's immunity could make it more resistant to tranquilizers.

I find it strange to purposely create a more aggressive or runaway animal. I think it would be more interesting if it were like this: a gene that makes animals live in a larger social group, makes them more intelligent and able to flee or attack as a group. A gene that makes the animal grow faster, shortens its life expectancy a little, and makes it more aggressive. A gene that boosts an animal's immunity could make it more resistant to tranquilizers.

Oh I agree; that's what I would do but then the Dr. Wu in me meets up with the Palpatine in me and it goes something like this:

Dr. Wu: I could potentially make the deadliest threat this planet has ever seen but I'm not sure I could control it.

Palpatine: "Do it."

Oh I agree; that's what I would do but then the Dr. Wu in me meets up with the Palpatine in me and it goes something like this:

Dr. Wu: I could potentially make the deadliest threat this planet has ever seen but I'm not sure I could control it.

Palpatine: "Do it."
That's the kind of thing I love to do in the sandbox, just to see the world on fire. :v

I wish breeding was allowed but unfortunately they confirmed that breeding wouldn't be included in to Jurassic world Evolution 2. Frog DNA could show male and female dinosaurs appearing or disappearing because of the sex change in a single-sex environment. Komodo dragon Gene's would allow dinosaurs to breed without a mate. Cuttlefish DNA could allow dinosaurs to be camouflage. Glow Worm DNA to allow us to create Bioluminescent Parasaurolophus and other Dinosaurs.

DNA Gene should play a factor in your dinosaurs behaviors.

Top Bottom